Author Topic: Tick Unknowingly Gets A Measure Of Revenge!  (Read 907 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Tick Unknowingly Gets A Measure Of Revenge!
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:20:48 AM »
So any long time DTF member knows the now legendary story of me being shorted a quarter on 3 separate occasions by a cashier at McDonald's a few years back.
Well yesterday something very funny happened by mistake that I think may amuse you all on the fine Thursday morning.

I pull up to a Burger King drive through to pay for a double cheeseburger and small fries. The cashier says to me...

"4.23 please"

I didn't realize my fuck up at that moment but I reach in my wallet and pull out 4 singles and hand them to the girl at the window. She politely looks at me and says...

"Do you have 23 cents?"

Not realizing I only gave her 4 dollars I look at her and say...

"You know, I just might."

I look into a drink cup with some change in it and check. Then I look at her and smile and say...

"I'm sorry, I don't"

She hands me the bag of food and says...

"Ok, thank you have a nice day"

I smile and say...

"Thanks, you too!"

Then drive away. Then about an hour later I realize I gave her 4 dollars, not 5. I'm thinking what a moron I am and started to laugh thinking about the whole exchange.

I have 50 cents more to collect from fast food establishments to get totally even!  :lol
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Tick Unknowingly Gets A Measure Of Revenge!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
Nice. I'm plotting my revenge on Subway at the moment. They have automatic change dispensers. Every day I go, my total is $9.66. I never counted my change until the other day, and three days in a row now I was shorted between $.02 and $0.04. I wonder if it's a subway conspiracy. Do that to a million people a week and it will add up quick.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:27:24 AM »
Nice. I'm plotting my revenge on Subway at the moment. They have automatic change dispensers. Every day I go, my total is $9.66. I never counted my change until the other day, and three days in a row now I was shorted between $.02 and $0.04. I wonder if it's a subway conspiracy. Do that to a million people a week and it will add up quick.
Subway is ripping you off!!!!Eat fresh, spend more! :lol
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 02:00:44 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
Finally old age is paying off Rich!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »
:slowclap:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"