Author Topic: Dominici auctioning the first drawing of DT's logo  (Read 5434 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Dominici auctioning the first drawing of DT's logo
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 02:01:10 PM »
I believe he got next to no money from the label. The third album I think was entirely self funded. It's too bad because I really liked Dominici and would have loved to have seen them live.

He even moved to Hungary with his then wife (her home) to be closer to his band who I think was in Italy.

That's really sad, specially considering Inside Out is not a little, unknown label, they have some BIG artists from the genere. Would love to see Charlie try to get a deal with another label, but it's been almost 10 years since their last album was released, so I doubt it's in his plans  :'(
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »
Fact of the matter in todays industry; if you're not touring and selling merch, you're costing the label money, not making them money.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
On Charlie's Facebook he was talking about doing crowd funding for a new album but it wasn't through kickstarter or gofundme, it was just sending him money through PayPal. I would have no problem chipping in with the guarantee of getting a cd out of it but but his method was just a little too....uncertain.

Offline mormo

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
Its just sad that he has to auction away this thing. Sounds like hes having major financial issues.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
Apologies if it's mentioned somewhere in the thread already, but does anyone know how much that item eventually sold for?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »
I've got to go from memory here but I think it was $1200