Author Topic: 'Murtherland  (Read 402 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
'Murtherland
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-releases-alleged-email-chain-regarding-russian-meeting.html

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump"

[Serious] What's Jr.'s thought process behind releasing these?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 'Murtherland
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
There's a thought process?

Seriously, I would think transparency, for better or worse. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

I know he lawyered up yesterday. Do you think he was advised to release these?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 09:54:36 AM »

I know he lawyered up yesterday. Do you think he was advised to release these?

My guess is that there isn't a person with the last name "Trump" within 1000 miles of Donald that is taking a shit without advice from counsel at this point.  Whether they follow it or not is a different matter, but I feel that - whether you like them or not, or feel them qualified or not - Donald, Jr., Eric and Ivanka are far more circumspect than their father.  It's all relative, but I don't expect them to make the same oafish blunders than their dad does.   

Tl;dr:  Yes. 

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-releases-alleged-email-chain-regarding-russian-meeting.html

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump"

"Owning" the Times, which apparently informed him that it would be releasing them or at least another story about them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 11:17:56 AM »

To get his side of the story out there before the media shows their side is my guess.  The article even says, as antigoon pointed out, that these emails were going to come out soon anyway.

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 11:59:35 AM »

Well, the information about this has come out in the public over the past few days. First a little drops, Trump Jr. made some statements, then a little more came out that contradicted some of his statements, he then hired a lawyer (so maybe he was Tweeting / talking to the press about this without discussing with legal counsel last week...). A few more sources have gone public about some of the information, including some music producer guy who helped set up the meeting and the Russian lawyer in question.

I would guess he was almost certainly advised to release these by a lawyer: the story is out there now so I suppose at this point they would see it as better to get exactly what Trump Jr. recieved out there rather than let other parties' accounts or speculation dominate. I haven't followed it too closely but from what I understand Trump Jr.'s instinct seemed to be to respond directly to the press through Tweets and other statements - this approach seems a little bit more controlled so that's why I think it'd be following legal advice rather than on impulse.

Also as far as the Trump kids go, certainly Ivanka seems a lot more composed and far less prone to digging herself into trouble, I don't feel like I have much of an impression about Eric, but for Donald Jr. I might actually disagree about these types of oafish blunders - when he makes headlines it does often seems to be for basically admitting something without realising it's a problem. Donald Sr. does the same, but it's as part of his style of operating that has obviously been effective for him, and when he does he can go to denying, deflecting and spinning without skipping a beat. But Donald Jr. sometimes seems to reveal more without realising it when he opens his mouth to defend himself.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:11:27 PM by RuRoRul »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 03:49:19 PM »
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/11/keith-olbermann-links-old-trump-tweet-to-sons-meeting-with-russ/23024658/

So, 10 minutes after Manafort, Kushner, and Don Jr met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, the president tweets the following (below).

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
How long did it take your staff of 823 people to think that up--and where are your 33,000 emails that you deleted?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »
Didn't see this thread before I posted in the other....

Someone needs to take Jr's shovel away from him.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 01:33:09 PM »
Changes so far in the story of the meeting as told by the Team MAGA

1) I had no meeting
2) I might have had a meeting.
3) I had a quick 10 second meeting.
4) I had 20 minute meeting but the campaign wasn't involved
5) I had a 20 minute meeting, but there was nothing of interest
6) I had meeting, hoping for dirt, but it did not happen. And it was just me.
7) I had a meeting, Kushner and Manafort joined me they didn't seem to care, no information was given.
8) I had a meeting and there was also a Russian Lobbyist present as well.
9) I had a meeting and might have been given information, but I will tell you it was not used.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:44:18 PM by Chino »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »
Changes so far in the story of the meeting as told by the Team MAGA

1) I had no meeting
2) I might have had a meeting.
3) I had a quick 10 second meeting.
4) I had 20 minute meeting but the campaign wasn't involved
5) I had a 20 minute meeting, but there was nothing of interest
6) I had meeting, hoping for dirt, but it did not happen. And it was just me.
7) I had a meeting, Kushner and Manafort joined me they didn't seem to care, no information was given.
8) I had a meeting and there was also a Russian Lobbyist present as well.
9) I had a meeting and might have been given information, but I will tell you it was not used.

Haha; what do you think the information was?  "Check Anthony Weiner's laptop! Check Huma Abedin's laptop!"