Author Topic: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice  (Read 93548 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official 2017-2018 NHL Thread v. Break the Ice
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »
Man, still salty the next day that the Devils only got one point in STL last night. Go ahead goal overturned in the third and then a couple chances where I don't know how they didn't go in late in the third and in OT. Knew we'd lose if it went to a shootout.

Couple great saves  :lol     It was a good game. Blues could have came out of the 1st period up 3-0 if not for a post and a crossbar.....then the second and third it was pretty much back and forth with good action both ways.
 And despite the offside's call going for the Blues I'd still be ticked if that happened to my team. IMO that play isn't why the replay use was put into place. I mean, his skate 'technically' was off the ice so that's why he was offside but they have to amend that rule to have the Blue line project upwards or something because something like that call last night shouldn't happen.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2018, 01:29:26 PM »
Yeah, the blue line should be measured vertically as well, not just on the ice.  That would solve a lot of these challenge problems.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Yeah, I only caught the third period and beyond but it was plenty entertaining. This is I think the second straight game where we had a go-ahead goal in the third overturned on a *very* close offsides. If not two in a row than two out of three.

It is nice though just to have a reason to be annoyed at games halfway into the year, definitely overall gone way better than I would have expected.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2018, 01:54:13 PM »
Yeah, the blue line should be measured vertically as well, not just on the ice.  That would solve a lot of these challenge problems.

I mean, if 'we' here have been saying this for two years now....you'd have to imagine it's been brought up at meetings or something? Why wouldn't you change it? What's the downside?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »
Just found this thread...

I'm way stoked at how my Kings are playing.  Much better than expected.  While I loved Darryl Sutter's approach that brought us two Cups in three years, it's awesome to see the team loosened up offensively, and the team is still ranked first in goals against and PK%.  Even better, Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and Quick are playing like they're on a mission.  Gaborik has come back strong from his injury, and the new kids -- especially Adrian Kempe -- are contributing and playing smart hockey.  I'm really looking forward to what happens when Jeff Carter comes back and the playoffs start.  More brutal series against San Jose and Anaheim...

And Vegas??  WTF?  I had that franchise pegged as a failure right out of the box, but someone must have made a pact with Satan.  Their coach and GM are shoe-ins for postseason hardware unless things change dramatically.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2018, 10:38:16 AM »
With Vegas I also wonder what an early season losing skid, as opposed to such a strong start would have made for the franchise. With losses, especially with the excess of players you could see a lot of changes and experimenting, which could have further hurt things. But they started strong and have never looked back.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
Just found this thread...

I'm way stoked at how my Kings are playing.  Much better than expected.  While I loved Darryl Sutter's approach that brought us two Cups in three years, it's awesome to see the team loosened up offensively, and the team is still ranked first in goals against and PK%.  Even better, Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and Quick are playing like they're on a mission.  Gaborik has come back strong from his injury, and the new kids -- especially Adrian Kempe -- are contributing and playing smart hockey.  I'm really looking forward to what happens when Jeff Carter comes back and the playoffs start.  More brutal series against San Jose and Anaheim...

And Vegas??  WTF?  I had that franchise pegged as a failure right out of the box, but someone must have made a pact with Satan.  Their coach and GM are shoe-ins for postseason hardware unless things change dramatically.

Yep, all of the above, this.  I concur.

The Pacific Division is already a tough division with the three California teams mainly front and center and teams like Flames and Oilers do not like seem like punching bags of the past (well, for the most part).  Vegas being really good so far this season makes this division really competitive.

I'm just glad the Kings are in the thick of it (unlike last year).  Now they just need some good decisive wins (i.e. in regulation wins) over Golden Knights in the remaining games against them and maintain playing good hockey, and everything should be all right.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2018, 05:08:55 AM »
Ugh... Leafs are into their old habits of blowing 3rd period leads - 2nd time this season to the Flyers, and 3 out of their last 4 games (and the 4th, they gave up the winning goal with <3 mins to go.  Lots of offensive slumps - Kadri has 1 point in his last 18 games (and truthfully, I thought that was a goal that should've been called back).  Hopefully this is just January blues.  Anderson is the only reason they've snuck away with a couple of OTL points.  Dude is regularly called on to make god-tier saves.

Thankfully, the rest of the Atlantic is so shyte, it would take a monumental slump to put the playoff position at risk.

Really nice tribute to Lindross last night.  Man that guy was fun to watch play.  One of my fave players from the 90s.  For a guy that had never played an NHL game, he was a beast in the '91 Canada Cup.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2018, 05:12:32 AM »
How about them B's!!!

Bergeron with 2 hat tricks in 3 games. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2018, 05:33:33 AM »
How about them B's!!!

Bergeron with 2 hat tricks in 3 games.

They've been on fire!  I saw a stat on Rask the other night that he's only got like 1 regular time loss since the beginning of December!?!?!   :omg:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2018, 06:32:26 AM »
They've got a point in the last 17 games.  Crazy!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2018, 03:36:52 PM »
Molson Canadian has Original 6 bottles!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »
Molson Canadian has Original 6 bottles!

Love it!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
Except for the fact it's Molson Canadian (Canada's version of Coors Light), that's awesome.  Would've been better with the stubby neck bottle.

HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA today!!!!

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »
Except for the fact it's Molson Canadian (Canada's version of Coors Light), that's awesome.  Would've been better with the stubby neck bottle.

HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA today!!!!

Molson makes Coors Light in Canada, so that's not quite right.  And Canadian is 5% instead of 4%. Still garbage though, so I'm just arguing semantics here

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
I like Coors regular, but I don’t drink light beers.

I’m definitely a Moosehead guy, but I saw these and wanted a set.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »

Moosehead huh? Are you Canadian?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »

Nope. Just south of Boston.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »
A knucklehead, yes.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2018, 09:32:18 PM »

Nope. Just south of Boston.
Do they sell moosehead down there?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2018, 09:38:11 PM »
Yes they do.  It's everywhere.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
Yes they do.  It's everywhere.

Like Chicken Man

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2018, 09:45:18 PM »
Like getting points in 16 games in a row!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2018, 06:13:44 AM »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
Thought the Leafs were on their way to a 5th loss in a row with a brutal 2nd period, but they came out guns a blazing in the 3rd, and managed to hang on in the end.

Now they host the Avalanche tomorrow - 9 wins in a row!   :omg:  Calgary was on the verge of an 8th straight win yesterday, and Flyers have won 6 of 7.  Lots of streaks going on at the moment.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
Lots of streaks going on at the moment.

Fortunately, my Kings ended their relatively brief losing streak with a nice 4-2 win over the Rangers last night.  Now we just need to weather the next month with only two home games (how the fuck does that happen?!).  As usual, the top of the Western Conference is logjammed, so we aren't going to have much clarity until April.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2018, 07:45:32 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Knights.

Prior to the Bolts win last night they led the league with 66 points. They are now 1 point behind and have a game in hand on the Bolts and at least 1 game in hand on the 3 teams behind them.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Knights.

Prior to the Bolts win last night they led the league with 66 points. They are now 1 point behind and have a game in hand on the Bolts and at least 1 game in hand on the 3 teams behind them.

Yeah.  They are legit as fuck.  Gallant ought to be hands down winner of the Jack Adams.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2018, 07:49:00 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Knights.

Yeah.  They are legit as fuck.  Gallant ought to be hands down winner of the Jack Adams.

It'll be another solid swift kick in the nuts to Blues fans as yet another expansion team wins a Cup before they do. 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2018, 07:55:33 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Knights.

It'll be another solid swift kick in the nuts to Blues fans as yet another expansion team wins a Cup before they do. 

I'll generally watch other games when I can, but haven't much this year and regret that I actually haven't seen the Knights play at all this year so far. That said we do have tickets for when they come to Philly in March.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2018, 08:12:36 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Knights.

I'll generally watch other games when I can, but haven't much this year and regret that I actually haven't seen the Knights play at all this year so far. That said we do have tickets for when they come to Philly in March.

They're like a pack of swarming bees.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2018, 08:27:16 AM »
Holy. Fucking. Knights.

They're like a pack of swarming bees.

Yup they are definitely super impressive and reflective of this entire season thus far (at least from my perspective) in that a lot of unexpected teams are killing it right now and some of the more "premier" franchises of the last decade, not so much.

When the Devils, Jets, Knights, and Flames are sitting pretty while the Oilers, Black hawks, Pens, and Wild are all on the outside looking in - you know it's been an interesting year  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2018, 10:14:52 AM »
^ add Colorado and Montreal/Ottawa to that list of 'surprises'.  Philly too.... considering they went winless in 10 games back in Nov/Dec.

It's gonna be a fun 2nd half to the season.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
The Oil this year are like the Avs from the first 2 seasons under Roy. They went from near last to a playoff team back to near last over 3 seasons. At first I was hoping they were just slow to start, but as the season has gone on it's been clear that they just don't have the horses this year. Also, Talbot is playing like Talbot from year 1, which is to say poorly.