Author Topic: ACOS - any great quality demo with JLB singing/KM playing it (I&W era)  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Hey all. In anticipation for the North American leg of the I&W tour, I was going through all my DT stuff, and it dawned on me that while ACOS has been around for eons, the demo on the I&W demos official bootleg is with Chris Cintron, not JLB. Is there a demo floating around out there in superior quality of JLB and KM playing ACOS?

I know there are live versions, I'm looking for as close to what it would have sounded like had they actually recorded it for the record. Does that exist somewhere? And if so, can you point me in the right direction?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline krands85

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
That was actually pretty cool.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
This could be close to what you're after:
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons 1990 or 1991 demo with James LaBrie

Thanks for that. Yes. Any idea why this wasn't on the I&W demos?

I mean, it would have made sense, wouldn't it?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Setlist Scotty

Any idea why this wasn't on the I&W demos?

I believe there's a few different reasons. For starters, the sound quality isn't as good. Another is that there wasn't enough space for both versions (this one and the one with Chris Cintron). Finally, MP wanted to include a track featuring Chris Cintron's vocals, and ACoS seemed to be most appropriate since he was the first one to actually sing the song (and I believe help with some of the vocal melodies).
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Any idea why this wasn't on the I&W demos?

I believe there's a few different reasons. For starters, the sound quality isn't as good. Another is that there wasn't enough space for both versions (this one and the one with Chris Cintron). Finally, MP wanted to include a track featuring Chris Cintron's vocals, and ACoS seemed to be most appropriate since he was the first one to actually sing the song (and I believe help with some of the vocal melodies).

Cool. I wasn't complaining about Cintron's version. I was just really wanting a version that had the JLB-KM-JP-MP-JM lineup.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
This version is from this CD

A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Thank you! :)

Offline gabeh1018

I was just listening to the big  Medley and man do I miss JP's old Ibanez tone and just how lose his playing  was... and by loose I mean  down and dirty goodness anyone catch my drift?