Author Topic: Password recovery. Need help ASAP  (Read 748 times)

Offline BeardedGentlemanHistorian

Password recovery. Need help ASAP
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
I logged into to check my e-mail, turn my back for a while and find my five year old has just signed out of my Yahoo mail account. I forgot my password and when I tried to recover it I discovered my account recovery e-mail was outdated. It basically said that I can't recover my account online. Does anyone here have any idea on how to proceed from here? I can't find their customer service number, not even sure if they have a real one. I need this e-mail. All of my business contacts are there, eBay, EVERYTHING. I can't stress enough how important it is I get back in. I still have Yahoo Mobile and am signed in on my phone. Can I do something from there?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Password recovery. Need help ASAP
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:36:08 PM »
How'd you login in the first place? And wouldn't the mobile pass be the same?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »
I'm guessing by "logged in", he means he simply keeps himself logged in at all times and just went to Yahoo.

Best bet is to keep searching for any kind of customer service and go from there if you're really that screwed. Either that or keep that noggin working on remembering the password.

They usually give you other options than just a recovery email, like a customized secret question that you made eons ago and don't remember, or "What was your first car?" kind of pre-selected question, which might be easier if you made one. Either that or if you've updated it in the past five years then you should have either a cell backup where they'll text you a code and I think they even have an option to just type in a new email backup as a last resort. I'm not sure how to get to any of that though as I haven't had Yahoo for a while.

Last straw for me was the massive hack. It sucked ass getting all my websites and stores and contacts changed to a new email but it was worth it. It's popular to hate on Yahoo because they really do suck a massively nasty dick.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BeardedGentlemanHistorian

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »
I know I have a secret question on file with them but the bastards aren't asking for it. They'll only send a code to my backup e-mail,  which is inactive.  I decided to just import my contacts from my Yahoo Mobile to my GMail. I should have left them after the first hack a while back.