Author Topic: NBA thread 2017-18 v. I dub thee champions  (Read 68200 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: NBA thread 2017-18 v. I dub thee champions
« Reply #420 on: April 04, 2018, 04:48:42 PM »
We played the Cavs last night, so we're B2B too.  Only lost by 6, and Lowry played worse than a high-schooler - 1-7 from 3-point land, and 1-22 overall.  DDR was held under 20 points as well.

I hope they come out angry, and the crowd gives them a boost.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #421 on: April 04, 2018, 06:10:47 PM »
Here we go Chad.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #422 on: April 04, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
We played the Cavs last night, so we're B2B too.  Only lost by 6, and Lowry played worse than a high-schooler - 1-7 from 3-point land, and 1-22 overall.  DDR was held under 20 points as well.

I hope they come out angry, and the crowd gives them a boost.

Well, true... y'all played @ Celtics the night before... BUT, they were without their top 4 guards, and y'all still managed to blow a decent lead and lost... then came the game @ Cavs... just saying...  :biggrin:
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »
Fugly game tonight.  But, a W is a W.  One step closer to home court.  Solid defense kept them in it after a very shaky first quarter.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
LeBron was missing his 2nd and 3rd best players and still took the all-world Warriors to 6 games in the 2015 finals.  Do we really think any team in the East right now can win 4 games out of 7 against a team with LeBron James?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2018, 04:58:14 AM »
Why not?  They've only got a .600 winning percentage for the season.  The 'non' all-world Warriors took them down rather easily last year.  Love can be a streaky player and IT =/= Irving.  Maybe I'm being a homer, but I think they're beatable.  Their last two wins over the Raptors were by 3 and 6 respectively, when the Raps were not 'on' their game for either.

With all the injuries the Celtics have, it's hard to see them advancing, and I don't know enough about any of the other teams.  Doesn't matter though, whoever comes out of the east is going to likely going to be cannon fodder for whoever GSW or Houston.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #426 on: April 05, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »
Kyrie out for year with knee infection. Needs another surgery to clear it out. Man. That sucks for basketball.

Mark it down now - Celtics are going 62-20 next year (man that hurts to say).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »
The top 2 C's go down this year.  Toronto better beat the Cavaliers.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
Kyrie out for year with knee infection. Needs another surgery to clear it out. Man. That sucks for basketball.

Assuming everyone comes back healthy, 60+ wins is not out of the question.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »

Assuming everyone comes back healthy, 60+ wins is not out of the question.

Especially if Lebron heads west, and the Raptors come back down to earth.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
I don't see Lebron going West. He's comfortable avoiding the bloodbath that happens there each year. My money is on the 6ers, they are proving to be very good time, albeit young, which could wreak havoc with Lebron on their side.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #431 on: April 05, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »
I don't see Lebron going West. He's comfortable avoiding the bloodbath that happens there each year. My money is on the 6ers, they are proving to be very good time, albeit young, which could wreak havoc with Lebron on their side.

I don't see him going to the Sixers. He has no connection with anyone there. I think his choices are Cleveland and LA, in that order. And I think LA is a distinct possibility. The young Lakers have shown a lot of growth. If you install him and PG 13 on that team...wow.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #432 on: April 05, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »

I don't see him going to the Sixers. He has no connection with anyone there. I think his choices are Cleveland and LA, in that order. And I think LA is a distinct possibility. The young Lakers have shown a lot of growth. If you install him and PG 13 on that team...wow.

I may be wrong, but I believe he and Ben Simmons have the same agent.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #433 on: April 05, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
Why not?  They've only got a .600 winning percentage for the season. 

The Cavs were a mess for a while before all of the trades, but James' Cavs have shown that they know how to crank it up once the playoffs start.  Remember when the Hawks were the 1 seed a few years back and allegedly a real threat to block LeBron from getting to the finals?  And then they got swept.  That is what this year's Raptors feel like. 

The 'non' all-world Warriors took them down rather easily last year. 

What do you mean the 'non' all-world Warriors?  That was a 73-win team that added Kevin Durant.  One could argue that last year's Warriors was the greatest single season team ever assembled. 

Until I see otherwise, I just assume that LeBron will go all-world when he has to and the only way to take his team down is to have a ridiculously stacked team, which no one in the East has.  If the Celtics were healthy, I think they could have been the one team to take 4 out of 7 from the Cavs, but they are missing their two best players.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #434 on: April 05, 2018, 08:12:09 PM »
Remember when the Hawks were the 1 seed a few years back and allegedly a real threat to block LeBron from getting to the finals?  And then they got swept.  That is what this year's Raptors feel like. 
As a good Georgia boy I try to be a Hawks fan when they're watchable (spent this year hoping for that number 1 pick, lol)... and in 2015 me and my brother went to Hawks v Cavs sometime in March, so: late regular season. Hawks won by 10, and boy I was SURE we would give the Cavs all they handle in the playoffs, if not outright win.

We then proceeded to be swept, not just once, but the following year as well by The King. I didn't understand, but now I do, you see:

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: April 06, 2018, 08:03:17 AM »

I may be wrong, but I believe he and Ben Simmons have the same agent.

You are correct. But I mean Lebron having a connection with the front office and the guys on the team. Not that one guy on the team shares the same agent. Lebron's not going to Philly.

BTW - F my Timberwolves. I couldn't believe what I saw last night. Towns fouling out on a stupid attempt at blocking a three pointer...with THREE MINUTES LEFT? And then, of course, Wiggins is nowhere to be found, just camping on the outside, letting Gibson take shots. Yeah...time to trade Wiggins. This guy...I loved him, but he just has absolutely no fire in him.

Wolves play the Lakers tonight, and Jimmy Butler returns. Hopefully we get the win, but honestly, the way this team has looked the last month and a half, they don't deserve to make the playoffs. And trade Wiggins. Hell, send him back to the Cavs for Love.  :lol

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #436 on: April 06, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »
BTW - F my Timberwolves. I couldn't believe what I saw last night. Towns fouling out on a stupid attempt at blocking a three pointer...with THREE MINUTES LEFT? And then, of course, Wiggins is nowhere to be found, just camping on the outside, letting Gibson take shots. Yeah...time to trade Wiggins. This guy...I loved him, but he just has absolutely no fire in him.

Wolves play the Lakers tonight, and Jimmy Butler returns. Hopefully we get the win, but honestly, the way this team has looked the last month and a half, they don't deserve to make the playoffs. And trade Wiggins. Hell, send him back to the Cavs for Love.  :lol

Well, both Ball and Ingram, and possibly Lopez are out tonight... so if y'all can't beat what remains of us...  :loser:  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: April 06, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »

Well, both Ball and Ingram, and possibly Lopez are out tonight... so if y'all can't beat what remains of us...  :loser:  :lol

The Spurs couldn't....
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: April 06, 2018, 09:39:51 AM »

:rollin

Dude, it's bad. The Wolves are imploding. Wiggins has finished in single digits, point-wise, two of the last three games, and literally just stands on the perimeter and doesn't move. What in the hell is wrong with this guy?! He can score on anyone, at any time, but he just stands there. I really hope they trade his ass. This is bullshit.

I fully expect them to win tonight, but hey, I expected them to beat Memphis too, and look what happened there. The Wolves honestly do not deserve the playoffs the way they are playing.

www.roadstomadness.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #439 on: April 06, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »
Samsara, you are to the NBA thread as gmillerdrake is to the NHL thread.   :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

I don't visit the NHL reference, so I don't get the reference.  :lol

Does he whine about his shitty team too? (Assuming they are as shitty as the Wolves?)

www.roadstomadness.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »

I don't visit the NHL reference, so I don't get the reference.  :lol

Does he whine about his shitty team too? (Assuming they are as shitty as the Wolves?)

Yeah... he's up-and-down with the praise and hate of his team (Blues) as they perform well or shit the bed. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »

:lol

That's funny.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #443 on: April 06, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »
Sixers barely escape... tough last second FT misses by a certain future Laker / Sixer...  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: April 07, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »
Ben Simmons is as good as advertised. Hoping that LeBron joins him and Embid this summer.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #445 on: April 08, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »
After the busy Saturday night out west, the T-Wolves are in good shape right now, as they have the Grizzlies at home next.

The Nuggets are playing against the Blazers next. Sure, the Blazers could rest both Dime and CJ, since they can't go up or down in the seeding now. Still, should both the T-Wolves and Nuggets end up having an identical record, the former owns the tie-breaker.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline Aefenwelg

« Reply #446 on: April 08, 2018, 08:22:46 PM »
Sure, the Blazers could rest both Dime and CJ, since they can't go up or down in the seeding now.

Actually, if Utah wins their remaining two games, they would get the 3rd seed and Portland would go down to the 4th.
They play each other on the last day of the season.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #447 on: April 08, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
Actually, if Utah wins their remaining two games, they would get the 3rd seed and Portland would go down to the 4th.
They play each other on the last day of the season.

Thanks for that info... I can't recall when was the last time the final 3-4 days of the season were as much fun as this season's.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline T-ski

« Reply #448 on: April 09, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
the West playoff scenario right now is as crazy as I've ever seen, so many even teams after Golden State and Houston.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #449 on: April 09, 2018, 06:44:34 PM »
the West playoff scenario right now is as crazy as I've ever seen, so many even teams after Golden State and Houston.

True... but as KD is in "hero ball" mode of late, I don't know if the Dubs could go far enough to the WCF, if Curry isn't back in time and at relatively full strength.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #450 on: April 09, 2018, 06:48:10 PM »
Fun stat:

Kevin Durant is 12-8 in his last 20 games without Steph Curry.

Steph Curry is 20-0 in his last 20 games without Kevin Durant.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2018, 06:50:54 PM »
^ where the hell did you pull that stat, KevShmev?  :lol

But that's exactly what I meant, thank you. Seriously, I cannot stand both D'Antoni and CP3... so please, Warriors, stop messing around and pull yourself together!  :facepalm:
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2018, 06:53:27 PM »
Cowherd showed it today on the show he does on FS1 with Whitlock.  I only watched the opening segment today, but that stat was there.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #453 on: April 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AM »
Heat held OKC for three quarters, then fell apart.  Damn.  At least they wore the awesome Vice unis again.

Hopefully Kupchak can do some good in Charlotte.  They need to keep Kemba.

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2018, 12:13:57 AM »
Heat held OKC for three quarters, then fell apart.  Damn.  At least they wore the awesome Vice unis again.

Hopefully Kupchak can do some good in Charlotte.  They need to keep Kemba.

One thing Kupchak will do in a hurry will be either finding a taker for D-Howard, or find a way to unload him, lol!  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,