Author Topic: Things That Shouldn't Piss You Off But Do Anyway Thread v.cockroach up the butt  (Read 28410 times)

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
ITT we specifically discuss things that we have absolutely no right to be pissed about but goddamnit we fucking are anyway!

I'll start:

People that go the damn speed limit on winding roads when the weather is perfect and there is no traffic. I don't care if it's less safe, going 25mph on a road that can easily be handled at 40+ makes me want to throw you off the road speed away in a fiery blaze of glory. This lady I was behind this morning insisted that was her going rate regardless of absolutely anything and had a line of 8 cars behind her wishing for a meteor intervention.

Your turns....
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
People at my work that go above and beyond.. secretly working 15+ extra hours a week to increase the amount of stuff they deliver. Stop making me look like a shitty employee because I'm adhering to the 40 hour work week agreement I signed in my employment contract.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Fully grown adults who have been in corporate america for decades and still type with two fingers.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Fully grown adults who have been in corporate america for decades and still type with two fingers.

:lol     I work with a few of those guys. It's pretty funny to watch....

At the same time when my boss types her fingers literally are a blurr. It's impressive. I haven't taken a words per minute test or anything lately but I would say I'm 'above average' when it comes to typing but nothing special
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Quote from: Chino linkWW=topic=50362.msg2325705#msg2325705 date=1496936429

Sorry. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Different strokes I suppose, but I always say anger is an emotion just like anything else so express it!  I hate slow drivers too, especially if there's no way around them.  Lately, my thing has been turn signals.  It's amazing how many lazy drivers are out there who don't feel the need to communicate to other drivers.

Oh, you're slowing down.  Why are you slowing down?  Oh, you're getting ready to turn, I think.  Or, I want to turn left.  I have my turn signal on.  You're driving toward me in oncoming lane.  I'm waiting for you.   Oh, you're turning right.  Thanks for letting me know, asshole.  Now, I'm behind you and you're slow!   :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
People that go the damn speed limit on winding roads when the weather is perfect and there is no traffic. I don't care if it's less safe, going 25mph on a road that can easily be handled at 40+ makes me want to throw you off the road speed away in a fiery blaze of glory.

:lol  Yeah, that one.  And especially on the freeway when they are in the left lane.  If you want to go slow, cool.  Just stay to the right like you're supposed to.  The left lane is for PASSING, not perfectly pacing the car(s) to your immediate right so that those wanting to pass cannot.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
99.9% of all the other drivers on the road.  They all suck.
People who empty their shopping cart into their car and do not return it to the store or a corral, but just leave it there.
Bicycle riders who think that the rules of the road, as they apply to automobiles, do not apply to them.
The loudmouthed guy at the bar on Thursday nights.  People are literally just across the bar from you, stop yelling and STFU.
People who think that the left lane affords some sort of magical right to drive at whatever speed you like, because "passing".
Those same people flashing their lights when I'm already speeding in the left lane.  All of you can eat all of me, impatient driver.
People who place even the remotest amount of importance on handshake firmness.
People.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

People who place even the remotest amount of importance on handshake firmness.

But how else am I supposed to know how strongly you can grip a sword in the event you need to defend my daughter's honor?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
People who empty their shopping cart into their car and do not return it to the store or a corral, but just leave it there.

People who decide to buy something, then decide to NOT buy something and just put it on any ol' random shelf.   The price we pay for the goods includes the cost to pay for the return of that item to the proper shelf, you fat lazy fuck.   

Cell phones at concerts.
Cell phones while driving.
Cell phones.
Social media.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
That one friend or family member that can never be on time.  I personally stop going to movies together as an example.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

People who decide to buy something, then decide to NOT buy something and just put it on any ol' random shelf.   The price we pay for the goods includes the cost to pay for the return of that item to the proper shelf, you fat lazy fuck.   

The worst when I used to work in the grocery store was when someone would get something frozen or cut steaks and then leave them in a random aisle. Not only are you wasting the time of employees, but you're ruining the product and it gets wasted.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:51:28 AM by Chino »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I have a tendency to, if I find something so obviously misplaced in a grocery store, to just grab it and put it back when I am in that aisle. But yea, super annoying.

I feel like we're not allowed to talk about leaving carts in the parking lot, but that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
leaving carts in the parking lot

Prior to seeing it posted on this forum way back when, I had never even heard of that being a thing to be annoyed at, and in college I had a job at a grocery store where returning the carts was part of my job.  It never phased any of us that the majority of carts were strewn about the parking lot in places other than the cart corrals, and I don't EVER recall anyone ever complaining about it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
Stores that put cart returns in the lot don't bother me. What bothers me is when people pointedly refuse to walk an extra 30 feet to push the cart to the return, instead leaving them where they are, so cars can hit them or a strong wind can blow them all over the place. It's just inconsiderate and creates more work for the guys whose job is to return them all; they have to run around the lot to get the stray ones.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Skeever

ITT we specifically discuss things that we have absolutely no right to be pissed about but goddamnit we fucking are anyway!

I'll start:

People that go the damn speed limit on winding roads when the weather is perfect and there is no traffic. I don't care if it's less safe, going 25mph on a road that can easily be handled at 40+ makes me want to throw you off the road speed away in a fiery blaze of glory. This lady I was behind this morning insisted that was her going rate regardless of absolutely anything and had a line of 8 cars behind her wishing for a meteor intervention.

Your turns....

Until you get points on your license by some jerk who's just camping out and waiting to attack because he doesn't care about whether you were actually operating your vehicle safely or moving with the flow of traffic.

So that's my contribution to the question in the title as well  :biggrin:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Stores that put cart returns in the lot don't bother me. What bothers me is when people pointedly refuse to walk an extra 30 feet to push the cart to the return, instead leaving them where they are, so cars can hit them or a strong wind can blow them all over the place. It's just inconsiderate and creates more work for the guys whose job is to return them all; they have to run around the lot to get the stray ones.
Well, again, as someone who worked that job in college, we didn't care and didn't think of it as inconsiderate.  It was just another part of the job and a reason to get outside.  The only place I have ever heard anyone say they cared was on this forum.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
leaving carts in the parking lot

Prior to seeing it posted on this forum way back when, I had never even heard of that being a thing to be annoyed at, and in college I had a job at a grocery store where returning the carts was part of my job.  It never phased any of us that the majority of carts were strewn about the parking lot in places other than the cart corrals, and I don't EVER recall anyone ever complaining about it.

My biggest complaint with it is that I once had a rogue shopping cart hit my car so hard it cracked my front headlight.

Online Adami

Well, again, as someone who worked that job in college, we didn't care and didn't think of it as inconsiderate.  It was just another part of the job and a reason to get outside.  The only place I have ever heard anyone say they cared was on this forum.

Well, I get annoyed because I've often either had to lose out on parking spots, or had to stop my car in the middle of the lane, get out, move the cart somewhere else, and then get back in and park.

But if it's just me, I'll shut up.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark

Well, I get annoyed because I've often either had to lose out on parking spots, or had to stop my car in the middle of the lane, get out, move the cart somewhere else, and then get back in and park.

But if it's just me, I'll shut up.

It's not just you...it's lazy, and screws over the people who drive into the lot after you.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
@Adami:  And that issue, as well as what Chino posted, I can completely understand.  Here, when they aren't in the corrals, people at least (usually) have the sense to put them out of parking spaces with their front wheels up on the curb so that (1) they aren't taking up any parking spots and people trying to park don't have to move them, and (2) they don't generally wander and smack into vehicles. 

And I can understand if people are just generally annoyed by it as well.  That's fine.  What I don't get is the automatic indignation and suggestion that anyone who has ever not put their cart in a corral is inconsiderate.  If that's how it is looked at in some places, or even most places, that doesn't mean that that's how everyone looks at it.  If the people responsible for rounding up the carts don't care, and the carts aren't inconveniencing anyone else (by, for example, being left where they block parking spaces or smack into cars), then it isn't inconsiderate.  For anyone who just makes a blanket judgment, feels morally superior, and engages in name-calling because THEY subjectively get annoyed, the problem is with them being too judgmental, as far as I'm concerned.

Online Adami

Oh yea, I mostly agree.

Like I go to three main grocery stores around me for various things. At the Albertsons near me, there are a lot of corrals. So when people leave the cart in a parking spot 10 feet from an empty corral, that seems just lazy. However, if I go to Ralph's, there's only a corral at the very very top of the parking lot, so it can be pretty far from your car, and I get not wanting to walk all the way back, but they're still too often just left in the open, blocking spots and making driving pretty dangerous. Hell, I've seen people leave the carts directly behind a parked car. 
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
I'll repeat some just to hammer it down. (I also feel like maybe we should try and clarify why it shouldn't piss us off...?? Otherwise it'll no doubt turn into just another "pissed off" thread, right? Or no?)

All social media. I realize it's now a gorilla-glued-down aspect of our communication, but god damn does every single nasty dripping bit of it piss me off. 8 billion motherfuckers who all want to tell you about their day. Fuck your day, fuck your pictures, fuck your "foodie" bullshit, fuck your hashtags and fuck you; shut the fuck up for one second. You are not that important. (Contrary to the verbage and assumed state of mind I'm actually in a pretty good mood, but that's how I feel whenever I do eventually get pissed off about social media, just to clarify)  :lol Definitely shouldn't piss me off and most times I really don't care but sometimes...there's just one stupid fuck who posts his/her food, ugly Steve Buscemi looking child, and then throws in a fantastic quote like "Yolo" that just gets me going real good.

Most drivers. I understand that everyone thinks they're a better driver than they are, but there really are just some objectively horrific, dumbfuck drivers out there who couldn't dodge a boulder falling in slow motion, let alone make any rational decision while they and others are going anywhere between 40 and 80 MPH. The longer I live, the more I drive (and I've been driving a whole hell of a lot these past couple years), the more I think that for as awesome as cars are as an invention, they should have never been invented because humans are just too fucking stupid as a whole to use them. On the contrary, it's a FANTASTIC form of population control because of that. It just sucks that some poor innocent is usually taken along with the completely disposable dipshit. This one is a bit more logical to be pissed off about but even so...the most you can do is teach yourself and those you love who are young and learning how to drive, how to mainly not only look out for how you drive, but MAINLY how other morons drive.

That's all for now. It's actually a really nice day and I'm going to get a haircut later. Guarantee you...the second I start driving more than a few minutes...that mood will change. I hate that this is a fact.  :lol :facepalm: :hat

I'll jump in on this horrible shopping cart epidemic, it's such a hot topic at DTF. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a geography thing because 80% of the time in Southern Texas, most pimpled teens want to murder anyone who leaves their shopping carts like a pile of bodies a football field away from the grocery store. I worked at a Randall's back in the day but was in the deli (oh god that meat freezer...my haven), and spoke a lot with coworkers about the subject and any of them who worked the lot hated the "random carts" situation. But if I wasn't in Southern Texas and worked it, I'd probably feel the same. /Gump And that's all I hafta say about that /Gump.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Goddamn Tio!  The whole social media thing is entirely within your control.  Just don't look at that stuff.  I'm hardly ever on FB for some of those reasons.  Hell, I'm hardly ever here.

Regarding the shopping cart epidemic.  The ones who park their carts where cars are supposed to be are probably the ones who get annoyed the most when it happens to them.   :facepalm:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Goddamn Tio!  The whole social media thing is entirely within your control.  Just don't look at that stuff.  I'm hardly ever on FB for some of those reasons.  Hell, I'm hardly ever here.

I've hidden 90%+ of the people I'm friends with from my FB newsfeed. I basically just follow science/astronomy pages, monster trucks, and battlebots at this point.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
A strong wind blew a rogue shopping cart into the front of my wife's van, leaving an obvious mark on the front bumper.  Because someone left it sitting where it didn't belong.  Even doing as b1 suggests and putting the wheels on the curb, instead of walking it to a corral smacks of "my time is more important than to walk this cart to a corral, so ima just leave it here instead".  Not you personally, b1, but I suppose to me it just seems incredibly lazy and lazy irritates me.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.

Regarding the shopping cart epidemic.  The ones who park their carts where cars are supposed to be are probably the ones who get annoyed the most when it happens to them.   :facepalm:

I haven't posted a good vehement post in a while, it was stored up.  :lol

Yeah definitely overboard. I actually have zero social media and hardly ever see it, but it's tough to avoid when it's everywhere. Some coworker coming up to me showing me something or people talking about it or one of those horribly inescapable situations in which I'm on a date talking about it. It's a painful game of "Do I really wanna say what I want to say or do I want to get laid?"  :-X :|

A strong wind blew a rogue shopping cart into the front of my wife's van, leaving an obvious mark on the front bumper.  Because someone left it sitting where it didn't belong.  Even doing as b1 suggests and putting the wheels on the curb, instead of walking it to a corral smacks of "my time is more important than to walk this cart to a corral, so ima just leave it here instead".  Not you personally, b1, but I suppose to me it just seems incredibly lazy and lazy irritates me.

I admit that probably irks me more than it should, but that's just because I've seen an elderly near-skeleton walk a cart back, a lone mother of four whose doing thirty things at once walk it back, and then see a heaping 300 lb sack of sentient shit not walk it back after he unloaded his six tubs of ice cream and cake into his food trolly of a vehicle. Situations like that is when it really pisses me off.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I'll jump in on this horrible shopping cart epidemic, it's such a hot topic at DTF. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a geography thing...

Yeah, I think it definitely is.  And it may be somewhat of a generational thing too.  Either way.  I mean, since it came up here a couple of years ago, I'm more aware that some people may be annoyed by it, so I generally put mine in the corrals now (assuming there are some within reasonable distance--depends on the store).  But I'm not going to just judge someone who doesn't put theirs away when I don't have half a clue as to why.  Could be someone whose mom is in the hospital and had to run to the store for something real quick and is in a hurry.  Could be the stay-at-home mom of a couple of small kids who is distracted by her kids being fussy and just trying to cope and keep her head above water.  Could be the guy who is mentally distracted because he just came from the doctor's office where he was told he has cancer or from work where he was just given a pink slip and has more important things on his mind than where his shopping cart ends up.  I'm not really comfortable passing judgment when I have no idea what somebody else's mindset or intentions are, and don't really think it's ANYONE's place to do so.  But that's just me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
People that go the damn speed limit on winding roads when the weather is perfect and there is no traffic. I don't care if it's less safe, going 25mph on a road that can easily be handled at 40+ makes me want to throw you off the road speed away in a fiery blaze of glory.

:lol  Yeah, that one.  And especially on the freeway when they are in the left lane.  If you want to go slow, cool.  Just stay to the right like you're supposed to.  The left lane is for PASSING, not perfectly pacing the car(s) to your immediate right so that those wanting to pass cannot.

What about when it's perfect conditions and they go half the speed limit at all times ? Then when the Speed Limit lowers - THEY SLOW DOWN EVEN MORE.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I'm not really comfortable passing judgment when I have no idea what somebody else's mindset or intentions are

Zimmerman:  Hey, some 300 lb sack of sentient shit didn't put his shopping cart away, can I judge him for it?
911 Operator:  We don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman:  *judges anyway*

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
People who travel BELOW the speed limit I believe falls in the category of things you are allowed to be pissed off about, since they are disobeying the "rules of the road." My point here was that I had no right to be pissed off at this lady because she was in fact doing what she was supposed to do, it's just that what she was supposed to do PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I'm not really comfortable passing judgment when I have no idea what somebody else's mindset or intentions are

Zimmerman:  Hey, some 300 lb sack of sentient shit didn't put his shopping cart away, can I judge him for it?
911 Operator:  We don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman:  *judges anyway*
:lol

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
People who travel BELOW the speed limit I believe falls in the category of things you are allowed to be pissed off about, since they are disobeying the "rules of the road." My point here was that I had no right to be pissed off at this lady because she was in fact doing what she was supposed to do, it's just that what she was supposed to do PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF.

I totally get it.  Below the limit, I say to myself, "this person can't even do the speed limit."  Actually doing the speed limit is annoying enough right?  :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder

I have witnessed the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company not only type with two fingers, but also:

1) use caps lock instead of the shift key for capitals, and

2) realize after writing an entire letter that he had a typo half way up...so he deleted the entire letter back to that point, corrected the typo, and retyped it all, because he didn't understand how a mouse, or even the fucking arrow keys and cursor, work.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni