Author Topic: The Queensr˙che Discography Thread  (Read 106929 times)

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: The Queensr˙che Discography Thread: La Torre-fronted Albums (2013-present)
« Reply #1050 on: September 27, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
Love the Todd years. Caught them live a few months back with Casey on drums. I really missed Scott. Todd sounded amazing and the band seemed pretty tight for the most part, at least to my ears.

Like others have said, not enough new material live. Also, Michael had almost zero stage presence. Barely moving and only occasionally walking around. Todd and Parker were the ones working up the crowd.

I saw QR many times during the Tate years and I don't remember Michael being so barely there, as it were.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline bill1971

« Reply #1051 on: September 27, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »
Love the Todd years. Caught them live a few months back with Casey on drums. I really missed Scott. Todd sounded amazing and the band seemed pretty tight for the most part, at least to my ears.

Like others have said, not enough new material live. Also, Michael had almost zero stage presence. Barely moving and only occasionally walking around. Todd and Parker were the ones working up the crowd.

I saw QR many times during the Tate years and I don't remember Michael being so barely there, as it were.

Maybe he misses Tate. :)

Or maybe he had to move around to avoid getting spit on?

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1052 on: September 27, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
Complacency.

It was something we talked about a lot on the forum in the mid-to-late 2000s regarding the band. I remember Michael telling me at some point a few years back now that Fozzy (who was the band's tour manager for years, and prior to that a crew member) had to tell him and Ed to move around and get into things. This was after the split. They picked up the enthusiasm for a while, but at least in the YouTube vids, they've sorta been passive again.

I also remember Todd saying at some point that he told Ed he wanted his mic stand up on the stage, or having Ed play up near him, as opposed to standing back by the drums. I know Ed made it a point to get up front at that time (again, a few years ago now), not sure if he still is.

In fairness, some things do contribute to it -- these guys are older. Although some 50-somethings headbang around the stage and run around (Maiden, etc.) some just don't have that energy. Or, like with Queensryche, sort of fell into routine over the years and now this is what they do. It happens.

In addition, the kind of "touring" they do now, as I mentioned, is not really conducive to chemistry -- and that includes stage presence. They fly in, do the show or two, and fly home. You'd think not being on the road in a bus would give them energy, but that's not the case with everyone.

Through Empire, Queensryche fan around like crazy on the stage. After that, they all sort of settled into their areas, and it really has been that way ever since (and lets face it, they play club sized stages now, so it is harder to really always show a ton of energy when you have like three feet on stage to move).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1053 on: September 27, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »
Sam, great job with the thread.

So let me say out front that what these guys (Rock, Wilt, EJ) do for a living, and how they earn their paychecks is really their business, and you have to respect that. The fact that they hung in with Tate for a paycheck is their business, and you know what, in the end, they saw it through and ended up with the band name, so they should ultimately be applauded for that. So there's that.

BUT.....

Looking at it through this fan's eyes.....

I was into QR with the EP. I remember waiting for Warning to be released. So I have literally seen them their entire professional lives. No one made more interesting music in the 80's than Queensryche. Sure, they fell off for me in the early 90's, but by the late 90's, the fall was literally off a cliff for me. It ceased to be the same band. One of metal's biggest tragedies, in my mind, is the loss of Queensryche from the face of the "making music that matters" music scene.

Sure Tate gets the blame for QR's spiraling career, but I lost a ton of respect for the other guys. They stood by while the QR name got shit on. It was their paycheck, so I get it, and that's why I addressed that first. But it doesn't mean that I can't blame them while they seemingly stood idly by.

I was generally happy with the s/t TLT album, though, to me, it's a glorified EP. It was decent enough, but I still needed more convincing. Condition Human was a good album, and definitely made me feel better about the situation. But for some reason, that album had very little staying power. I mean, there is so much good music being released these days.

I'm not sure what the next TLT era recording will bring. Hopefully something good. But I have zero connection with Queensryche. And that's sad because I spent the 80's trying to turn everyone I knew onto them. So instead of being a great band, they end up as just being a band that happened to have three great albums at the start of their career. Even if you count Empire and um..Promised Land, that's still less than a 50% hit rate.

They have to do, what they have to do to earn a living, so I won't begrudge them that, but playing just old stuff with one new song is not good enough.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1054 on: September 27, 2017, 02:20:44 PM »
Ahh. Finally it was safe to go back in the water...

When I heard Where Adreams Go To Die, I almost cried. here was a classic QR sounding song, at last, with all the elements that had been missing for nearly 20 years. Best QR song since Promised Land, easily. And written by a non original member. This was how it should have been done.

There is clearly songwriting talent in QR and there was the whole time Tate was using his mates instead. I know Samsara has said that CDG played a huge part in making Wilton's riffs into songs, but surely this could have been done by someone after CDG.

Anyway, I love both these albums. The st was ruined a bit by the mastering but it's not a deal breaker for me, considering the last few shit albums.

Open Roads is a great song but I felt it should have been longer. It seemed to be building to something and then just finishes. A bit of a missed opportunity.

CH is very good too, if a bit samey. Still, so much better than anything in a generation bearing the bands name.

Todd was a great find. Looking forward to the new album.

Thanks for the great write ups Samsara. Appreciate the effort, love and care you put into it.

Offline njfirefighter

« Reply #1055 on: September 27, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »
"Safe to go back in the water" Indeed. Hands down Queensryche 2013 and Condition Human are the two best albums the band has made since 1994, and the next one will make it three, can't wait for the new release.

The bands seems re-energized live are putting on great shows and have stepped it up. Todd and Parker are doing an OUTSTANDING job. The moniker "I have my band back again" has been uttered numerous times, and it is dead on when it comes to this band.

I think the next record is going to be the strongest to date from this lineup, but I'll be happy with it simply being on par with the last two, that is how good those are  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1056 on: September 27, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »
Great job with this thread!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1057 on: September 27, 2017, 04:09:12 PM »
Sam, great job with the thread.

So let me say out front that what these guys (Rock, Wilt, EJ) do for a living, and how they earn their paychecks is really their business, and you have to respect that. The fact that they hung in with Tate for a paycheck is their business, and you know what, in the end, they saw it through and ended up with the band name, so they should ultimately be applauded for that. So there's that.

BUT.....

Looking at it through this fan's eyes.....

I was into QR with the EP. I remember waiting for Warning to be released. So I have literally seen them their entire professional lives. No one made more interesting music in the 80's than Queensryche. Sure, they fell off for me in the early 90's, but by the late 90's, the fall was literally off a cliff for me. It ceased to be the same band. One of metal's biggest tragedies, in my mind, is the loss of Queensryche from the face of the "making music that matters" music scene.

Sure Tate gets the blame for QR's spiraling career, but I lost a ton of respect for the other guys. They stood by while the QR name got shit on. It was their paycheck, so I get it, and that's why I addressed that first. But it doesn't mean that I can't blame them while they seemingly stood idly by.

I was generally happy with the s/t TLT album, though, to me, it's a glorified EP. It was decent enough, but I still needed more convincing. Condition Human was a good album, and definitely made me feel better about the situation. But for some reason, that album had very little staying power. I mean, there is so much good music being released these days.

I'm not sure what the next TLT era recording will bring. Hopefully something good. But I have zero connection with Queensryche. And that's sad because I spent the 80's trying to turn everyone I knew onto them. So instead of being a great band, they end up as just being a band that happened to have three great albums at the start of their career. Even if you count Empire and um..Promised Land, that's still less than a 50% hit rate.

They have to do, what they have to do to earn a living, so I won't begrudge them that, but playing just old stuff with one new song is not good enough.

I get what you're saying Tim because I've been a fan since the 80's also.  They pretty much fell off the cliff for me too.  It really is a shame what happened to QR but there are so many sets of circumstances that can divide a band.  I had my doubts about the 1st TLT album.  It was short, and didn't seem very polished.  But, I have to say that CH was a great follow up record and it really has aged well for me.  There isn't much I don't like about that album.  I'm looking forward to the 3rd installment of the new era.  Peace.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1058 on: September 27, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »
It was a great follow up, and I am also looking forward to the next one. But there's just no connection for me, and it is "just another release".

I guess I'm just feeling cynical. Like the band disappears for almost 20 years...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: September 27, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »
It was a great follow up, and I am also looking forward to the next one. But there's just no connection for me, and it is "just another release".

I guess I'm just feeling cynical. Like the band disappears for almost 20 years...

TAC -- the band has evolved quite a bit, and I can easily see what you mean. I share the sentiment, and I'm about as big a Queensryche fan as they come.

Let's be honest. The band from 1981-1992 followed a pretty digestible path for most metal heads. Sure, Empire was more polished and commercial, but pretty much every band was doing that in 1990. I mean, listen to Images and Words and Parallels in 1992 -- same vibe. So, while there may have been some rumblings, the...evolution was sort of expected.

In 1994, I totally understand why you (TAC) don't really dig the record. It was a pretty drastic departure, looking at it just at face value. I balked myself at first. The "metal" aspect of Queensryche was ripped out, with the exception of Damaged, and replaced a bit by dark, mid-tempo songs and acoustic bits. It's completely Queensryche in every way, but its an extension of the direction I think Tate really wanted to move, as opposed the style preferred by a guy like Wilton. Remember, Tate was in a really bad place 1993-1994 -- divorce, living on his boat, etc. DeGarmo help bridge them all, and you got Promised Land. It was as honest and personal a statement as Queensryche (Tate and DeGarmo writing the lyrics) as you could get.

But love it or hate it, Promised Land was certainly Queensryche, although it was the first REALLY drastic turn. They lost a lot of interest and connection with the old audience (ring a bell here, TAC), although they still maintained most of the core audience.

Hear in the Now Frontier -- again, another HUGE shift. Not...unnatural, given sort of the stripped down way they were heading a bit with Empire, and then Promised Land in some spots. But production wise, completely the opposite from what Queensryche was known for. And writing-wise, the way they did it -- come up with tunes, don't re-write too much, just go and record. That sort of process...obviously didn't work for them totally. And thus really soured A LOT of people that just moved on.

And every record after that has been suffering from the same spiral, even MC II, which never really sounded like a sequel.

Until...the self-titled. The spiral stopped. It regained some attention. It was a familiar sound, but certainly different, for all the reasons I talked about above (how could it not be, without Tate AND DeGarmo). But it had style qualities that really tied it in with where they were with Empire.

So I totally get that...lack of connection. I disconnected (pun very much intended) myself quite a few times. The first time was in Slater's studio listening to Mindcrime II. It didn't sound...right. And then he told me the truth behind the record (which, in all honesty, it sounds good for any other band, and the fact he wrote it all with Stone, that's impressive...but not as a QR album), and I just fell flat and didn't want much to do with it.

The second time was the Mindcrime at the Moore shows. I was up there with the wife that weekend with friends. We walked out disgusted at the end. Mindcrime was turned into cheap rate off Broadway (by many blocks) theater. It was just so melodramatic. I was so sick of it all.

The final time was a few years back. I was gung-ho for the change, and after we got it, after various things (important to me, but not everyone else) following the self-titled album release and tour...I just wasn't feeling it. I tried with Condition Human. Again, good album. But things sort of soured for me after a bit. Probably not at all the music, just other stuff. But now, a couple years later, I listen to Condition Human and go "hey, that's a pretty good band. They sorta sound like Queensryche." It is Queensryche, of course. But it's...different, for obvious reasons. Just like MC II, American Soldier, etc. It's not...the same. (For the record, I like the self-titled a bit more than Condition Human.)

So, I am with you. There's no connection any longer. I wish them the best, and I will always follow what they do, but I am very content with being a hardcore fan of the original lineup of Queensryche, and just a casual fan of everything else. I am also looking forward to what they do on TLT-QR III, but more in a "oh, cool, I wonder where they will go next," way, instead of a "I AM COMPLETELY STOKED" way, like I always used to be. Just not over-the-top invested and "connected" any longer, unless there is some sort of live release of the original band, or whatnot. Then I'd be really connected and invested in what that was.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1060 on: September 27, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
Even though I simply don't get it, I totally understand that many love Promised Land.

And frankly, I'm glad that "Queensryche" has had some decent output lately.

But the 80's and Tate's soaring vocals will sadly never be replicated. Time to get out of my rocking chair and grab some oatmeal. ;D

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: September 27, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »

But the 80's and Tate's soaring vocals will sadly never be replicated. Time to get out of my rocking chair and grab some oatmeal. ;D

I'm with ya man. When you listen to the live stuff from back then, particularly The Warning and Rage tours...the guy was simply...jaw dropping. That combination of power, depth, and range was just incredible. Dickinson and Halford didn't quite have it like that. And to be honest, I haven't quite heard it the same ever since. A lot of people get close, but not quite like that.

Oh, and get off my lawn.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1062 on: September 27, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »
Get off mine! :lol

My 3 all time Top 3 vocals:

Michael Kiske: Keepers Part II
James Labrie: Images And Words
Geoff Tate: Operation Mindcrime

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #1063 on: September 28, 2017, 02:19:41 AM »
I'd been waiting to hear Michael Wilton's version of QR since the Q2K debacle and finally we got it! The most notable thing about the two new records is that they sound like QR again - the guitars sound right, the drums sound right, the bass sounds right, the production sounds good...

So, what did we get with LaTorre? Well, Queen Of The Reich has never sounded so good and any of the more metal edged songs he sounds better on than Tate ever did. Also, LaTorre has a voice in far, far better shape than Tate's booze/drugs/touring/laziness addled one, but whilst LaTorre has great range, his control over the areas that Tate was an absolute master at, in his heyday, is not as good. But then, Tate, in his prime, was one of the most technically accomplished singers out there.

Also, aside from the fuckwittery of the lyrics on DtC, even without DeGarmo around Tate could craft a lyric that at least sounded phonetically friendly regardless of what it was trying to convey, whereas since Tate's gone there's been some really clumsy sounding lyrics here and there... the kind that probably look nice on paper, read ok, but sound poor when sung and have a little bit of the 15 year old trying to write "deep" poetry feel about them.

That said, the vocal melodies have been better without Tate and across the two new records there's been some genuinely great hooks, which there'd been an almost complete absence of in the Tateryche years.

In terms of the two records:

The self-titled: It's not up to the standards of the classic QR era when the Whip/DeGarmo/Tate songwriting dynamic was in full flight, but it's the best record they'd released since Empire, for my money and a great return to form. My only criticisms of it are the running length, the Midnight Lullaby/A World Without bit is the weakest part of the record and a bit of a momentum killer and the excess distortion that crept into the start of Redemption. Favourite tracks are Spore, Don't Look Back and Fallout.

Condition Human: Again, not quite up to the standards of the classic QR era and not quite as strong as the S/T effort overall, but it's still a solid effort. It starts very strongly with Arrow Of Time through Toxic Remedy, but I really don't like Selfish Lives. Eye9's a corker and Bulletproof is a quality effort with possibly one of their best ever choruses... then it rather starts to run out of steam. All There Was is pretty good, but off the top of my head I'm struggling to remember what any of the other songs after Bulletproof sound like.

So happy they'd finally gotten rid of the massive millstone around their neck and released a couple of really good records after so many years of garbage releases. It's just a shame they couldn't rid themselves of Tate much, much earlier.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2017, 05:44:37 AM »
I remember listening to the self-titled album when it came out. It was the first post-Promised land album by the band that I checked out and it featured some good music, even though it was ridiculously short and the production bothered me quite a bit. I'll revisit it once I'm done with Frequency unknown, and then I'll see what Condition human has to offer. For some reason, I wasn't interested in it enough when it came out. I guess I wasn't in Queensryche mood too often that year.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #1065 on: September 28, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
Here is my list for top 3 vocal performances :

JLB : Images and Words and/or Awake
Geoff Tate : OM and/or Empire
Michael Kiske : Keeper Part II

Honorable mention : Tony Harnell : TNT's Tell No Tales

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1066 on: September 28, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
Maybe "favorite album" is tainting my view, but I've always considered RfO to be Tate's crowning achievement vocally.   The staccato delivery and high notes on Screaming, the low-end passion "sweet spot" on Killing Words and London.... 

I still maintain that Tate *in his prime* was the greatest vocalist in the history of rock.   Only his lack of longevity keeps him out of the "hall of fame" category that Bruce and Rob are in.   
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #1067 on: September 29, 2017, 08:07:44 AM »
So, what did we get with LaTorre? Well, Queen Of The Reich has never sounded so good and any of the more metal edged songs he sounds better on than Tate ever did. Also, LaTorre has a voice in far, far better shape than Tate's booze/drugs/touring/laziness addled one, but whilst LaTorre has great range, his control over the areas that Tate was an absolute master at, in his heyday, is not as good. But then, Tate, in his prime, was one of the most technically accomplished singers out there.

Hmm I disagree! Todd is good, but he doesn't eclipse Geoff in his prime. Hell, Geoff still sang stuff like Queen of the Reich back in 2003 pretty much without flaw.
People saying Todd sounds better compared to Geoff at the same age - you have to keep in mind that Geoff has seen many more years of wear and tear on his voice.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1068 on: October 01, 2017, 05:19:51 AM »
Yep, the self-titled album is pretty solid. I think the first half of it, or what would be side one on vinyl, is remarkably consistent, with Redemption, Where dreams go to die and In this light being my favorites. Side two, however, features mostly average songs. The album could benefit from one more epic tune closing out the album, but still, it's a fine first release from the new band. It blows Frequency unknown out of the water, which I found as bland and mediocre metal as it gets.

Both albums do sound rushed, however, even though the La-Torre-fronted band did a better job as far as I'm concerned. I'm about to listen to Condition human - hopefully the band hammered out the production, the length and other flaws of the previous release.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1069 on: October 01, 2017, 07:56:42 AM »
I barely returned to the self-titled album after several listens because of how awful the sound is. It's like listening to something on an old radio where the needle is just barely not on the right station, and gets worse when you turn up.  I remember a couple songs being good, but every time I've tried to listen to them since, the sound made my ears bleed.  Too much good music out there to force feed myself stuff that sounds this awful.

I never checked out the album after that.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1070 on: October 01, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »
Everyone who never checked out Condition Human really needs to fix that.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1071 on: October 03, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »
I fixed it.

It was pretty good. Unfortunately, only the first two tracks were really fantastic. The rest is mostly very solid with occassional moments of brilliance and only two or three rather average tunes. It's a fun listening experience overall, and compared to some other albums that might have more great songs but also its fair share of filler, it ranks impressively high on the Queensryche list.

Here's how I'd rank the albums:

Operation: Mindcrime
Promised Land
Rage For Order
The Warning
Empire
Tribe
Condition: human
Hear In The Now Frontier
American Soldier
Queensryche
Q2K
Operation: Mindcrime II
Dedicated To Chaos
Frequency unknown

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1072 on: October 04, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »
I loved the self-titled record when that came out.  It felt like a logical progression from Promised Land and it had a lot of recognizable QR elements.  Condition Human was a solid follow up but I don't feel it reached the heights of the self-titled.  I'm interested to see what they do next, and I hope they focus on the Todd years a little more on their next tour.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1073 on: October 04, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »
God tier

O:M
Rage For Order
Empire
The Warning
Promised Land

Pretty good

Queensryche
Condition Human

Hardly ever listen but have some redeeming qualities

Hear In The Now Frontier
Q2k
O:M 2

Don't exist in my world

Everything else

Offline bill1971

« Reply #1074 on: October 04, 2017, 04:51:15 PM »
Rage For Order
Promised Land
Empire
Tribe
The Warning
Hear In The Now Frontier
American Soldier
Dedicated To Chaos
Frequency unknown
Q2K

The Key
Ressurection

Condition: human
Queensryche

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1075 on: October 04, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »
Rage For Order
Promised Land
Mindcrime
Empire
Warning
Queensryche
Condition Human
EP
Hear in the Now Frontier
Tribe

Q2K
Mindcrime II

I don’t own the rest of the Tateryche stuff.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1076 on: October 04, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »
Rage for Order
Promised Land

The Warning
EP
Condition Human
Empire
Queensryche
Tribe
Q2K
Hear in the Now Frontier

I don't count the rest
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:45:43 PM by jammindude »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1077 on: October 04, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
Warning/Mindcrime
EP
Rage
Empire

Condition Human

That's it.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1078 on: October 04, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »
The Warning
Rage for Order
Mindcrime
Empire
Promised Land
EP
Queensryche
Hear
Tribe
Condition Human

The rest of it doesn't appeal to me. I tried to listen to American Soldier lately, but I couldn't get anywhere with it. I do appreciate what he/they were trying to accomplish with it, though.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: October 05, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »
Ah, the good 'ole lists again, eh? I'll play along. Let's see, trying to be as objective and non-biased as possible (which is sort of pointless, because this is a list of favorites, but I digress...)

The Warning
Rage for Order
Promised Land
Empire
Tribe
American Soldier
Queensryche (2013)
EP (kind of hard to rank this fairly)
Hear in the Now Frontier
Condition Human
Q2k
Dedicated to Chaos

(I don't consider Frequency Unknown to be Queensryche at ALL).

>>>>>>>>>>>Generally speaking, that's where it is all at for me at the moment. Although, I usually don't rank them altogether like that. I consider eras (original lineup, post-DeGarmo, post-Tate). But if we had to go all in order, at least for today, that's what I think.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:55:30 AM by Samsara »

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #1080 on: October 05, 2017, 08:44:28 AM »
No Empire?

Ah, the good 'ole lists again, eh? I'll play along. Let's see, trying to be as objective and non-biased as possible (which is sort of pointless, because this is a list of favorites, but I digress...)

The Warning
Rage for Order
Promised Land
Tribe
American Soldier
Queensryche (2013)
Hear in the Now Frontier
Condition Human
Q2k
Dedicated to Chaos

>>>>>>>>>>>Generally speaking, that's where it is all at for me at the moment. Although, I usually don't rank them altogether like that. I consider eras (original lineup, post-DeGarmo, post-Tate). But if we had to go all in order, at least for today, that's what I think.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bill1971

« Reply #1082 on: October 05, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »

The Warning
Rage for Order
Promised Land
Empire
Tribe
American Soldier
Queensryche (2013)
Hear in the Now Frontier
Condition Human
Q2k
Dedicated to Chaos

Samsara you seem to be a huge QR fan, do you not consider F.U to not be QR because you don't care for Tate or because of the band? It's funny I don't consider the two QR without Tate to be QR. I have nothing against Todd and am not into the whole who is better but to me it just doesn't seem like QR anymore. If I was in Todd's shoes and had that voice , I would take the gig as well. Plus many QR fans seem to really dig to post Tate QR.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1083 on: October 05, 2017, 03:02:44 PM »
Not to answer for Samsara, but F.U. is NOT a Queenryche album.  Geoff Tate was not in the band and no longer owned the name.  A judge ruled that he could temporarily use it until it could get sorted out whether he was still a part owner of the rights to it.  But it didn't belong to him or anyone in the band. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #1084 on: October 05, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
Not to answer for Samsara, but F.U. is NOT a Queenryche album.  Geoff Tate was not in the band and no longer owned the name.  A judge ruled that he could temporarily use it until it could get sorted out whether he was still a part owner of the rights to it.  But it didn't belong to him or anyone in the band.
While I dislike F.U. and Tate's incarnation of Queensr˙che at that point, by your logic, the 2013 self-titled isn't a Queensr˙che album either.