Author Topic: New Dream Theater Album - In The Studio Next Year  (Read 14175 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: New Dream Theater Album - In The Studio Next Year
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2017, 08:36:36 AM »
 :lol

Offline commanderbob

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
I just don't see the SW thing happening at all, for what I know, they guy isn't that easy to work with, and he doesn't even like DT. Sounds impossible to me.

Maybe, maybe not...

Steven might force Petrucci to write a sequel to the Astonishing where Nafaryus laments the death of Faythe, in a real world alternate universe where magic doesn't exist, meaning that Gabriel wasn't capable of saving her. Gabriel is revealed to be a replicant of sorts and goes through an existential of what it means to be human and Arabelle breaks up with Nafaryus, causing further depression. Also the Nomacs kill everyone at the end...  :'(

That's an awesome photo!! :lol

Change it to "Hairy Progger" and you win DTF.org

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
I like the "Progue One" pic much more  :biggrin: :lol

Holy fuck that is crazy  :rollin
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
I just don't see the SW thing happening at all, for what I know, they guy isn't that easy to work with, and he doesn't even like DT. Sounds impossible to me.

Maybe, maybe not...

Steven might force Petrucci to write a sequel to the Astonishing where Nafaryus laments the death of Faythe, in a real world alternate universe where magic doesn't exist, meaning that Gabriel wasn't capable of saving her. Gabriel is revealed to be a replicant of sorts and goes through an existential of what it means to be human and Arabelle breaks up with Nafaryus, causing further depression. Also the Nomacs kill everyone at the end...  :'(

That's an awesome photo!! :lol

Change it to "Hairy Progger" and you win DTF.org

:biggrin:

"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »
I like the "Progue One" pic much more  :biggrin: :lol

Holy fuck that is crazy  :rollin

Myung is spot on!  :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Pragmaticcircus

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »
This could make a funny thread actually.

Where would we put:

Jon Anderson
Keith Emerson
Frank Zappa
Robert Fripp
Russel Allen
Fred Frith
Devin Townsend
Neal Morse
Peter Gabriel
Ian Anderson
Rush
Arjen Lucassen

etc etc etc etc
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid