Author Topic: Greg Allman dead at 69  (Read 1141 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Greg Allman dead at 69
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »
A true legend, for sure.

*listens to Whipping Post*

R.I.P.

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Greg Allman dead at 69
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:41:51 AM »
He will be missed! Alot of great music.  I saw a cool documentary on him not long ago (The big interview with Dan Rather) he played some cool piano and guitar right in his home and had alot of interesting things to talk about. The story of how his dad got shot/murdered was really messed up! That family went through some rough times, music was always him and Duane's passion.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:48:19 AM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:22:28 AM »
Bummer.  I wasn't that familiar with him or The Allman Brothers Band, but they have some songs I really dig, and I liked his voice.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »
RIP. A legend of music.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 06:47:59 PM »
Wow, RIP

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 06:54:57 AM »
He will be missed! Alot of great music.  I saw a cool documentary on him not long ago (The big interview with Dan Rather) he played some cool piano and guitar right in his home and had alot of interesting things to talk about. The story of how his dad got shot/murdered was really messed up! That family went through some rough times, music was always him and Duane's passion.

I just mentioned that interview in the Allman thread.  That was a great interview, and he looked really healthy (he's lived a hard life; he needed a liver transplant because his had Hep C, sclerosis, and something else... he basically was a goner if it didn't come through).   I loved his voice (anyone who is on the fence on the Allman's, check out the album "Where It All Begins", specifically "Soulshine".   That may be my favorite Allman's song, ever (and there are many candidates).   I don't really care for the more country stuff - "Blue Sky" is take it or leave it - but some of the more southern, bluesy stuff is so powerful, and when they veer into their weird version of "jazz" it is transcendent.   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 07:08:50 PM »
, check out the album "Where It All Begins", specifically "Soulshine".   

An awesome album and a great song!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol