Author Topic: Haken: The League - 2017 - 1. The Architect 2. Pareidolia 3. Celestial Elixir  (Read 9559 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, the results suck for me. I would pick Initiate and The Endless Knot over The Architect, not to mention songs like Falling Back to Earth, Pareidolia, Somebody, Deathless, Nocturnal Conspiracy, Aquarium, Drowning in the Flood, Sun, Celestial Elixir and probably Crystallised too.

Oh well, at least Celestial Elixir is in the Top 3.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline LordCost

I voted Pareidolia in the last match, even if The Architect is in my top 4. I'm still happy with the result

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
The problem is that we had too many ties during the crucial stages, especially the final. This is why democracy doesn't work. Shame we can't come up with a better way to settle ties.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
That was surprising.

It was still a fun ride, though. Thanks so much for running the league, DOC.  :tup

You're quite welcome. Was a lot of fun.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
The problem is that we had too many ties during the crucial stages, especially the final. This is why democracy doesn't work. Shame we can't come up with a better way to settle ties.

I don't see the problem.. The ties were possible due to ALL of us.. The votes of every person (assuming no one cheated this time) represent one single vote after all, so I really can't see how this could make democracy a dysfunctional system above the things that really make it so..

If the majority choose one song over another, that's the end of it, no matter how close it went or the fact that the tie was broken by one person.. To be fair, actually we all broke every tie..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)