Author Topic: Does any news outlet actually know what's happening in Chechnya?  (Read 297 times)

Offline XeRocks81

I'm genuinely puzzled, seeing lots of stuff go by on social media about gay purges, torture camps, family members being shoved off appartment building balconies after coming out, etc but the sources are all dubious at best (pinknews wtf?) retelllings of third hand acconts by "anonymous survivors" ???  Are all the foreign press just not doing their jobs (or lack ressources)? Or is this story all bullshit?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Does any news outlet actually know what's happening in Chechnya?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
I have no idea, but I've follow the leader's Instagram for over a year now, and I swear every single post is about male strength and/or the country's equivalent of MMA fighting. It's very bizarre.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »
Much like how the mainstream media has largely been ignoring Yemen, it seems that they've devoted no resources to this situation either.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »
And Venezuela.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:15:16 PM »
Where's the UN when you need them (he asked, laughing hysterically...)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'