Author Topic: Ever-Deadly Suicide  (Read 5145 times)

Offline Evai

Re: Ever-Deadly Suicide
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 01:26:07 PM »
Not relevant, but the chorus of Build Me Up Break Me Down would've been the perfect place for ass and balls live. 'Ass! And! Balls! Ass! And! Ballllllllllls'
Jordan took Moore's boring, pedestrian parts and elevated them considerably to take them from barely palatable to stellar.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 09:08:45 AM »
I'm glad they never did that.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »
To those who understand,
I extend my hand,
to the devil I demand,
take me as I am

This! Ha, you beat me to it.  I always thought it was devil too until I read "doubtful" in the lyrics.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Devin Townsend

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 05:49:03 PM »
To those who understand,
I extend my hand,
to the devil I demand,
take me as I am

This! Ha, you beat me to it.  I always thought it was devil too until I read "doubtful" in the lyrics.

I still struggle to hear it as doubtful  :rollin

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 10:50:57 PM »
As someone who doesn't pay much attention to lyrics, I always heard "evidently suicide". Maybe it's because I listened to the album a lot with headphones back in the day .
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 09:56:49 AM »
Me too, I always heard evidently. Makes sense in the context of the song.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 10:51:04 AM »
Not relevant, but the chorus of Build Me Up Break Me Down would've been the perfect place for ass and balls live. 'Ass! And! Balls! Ass! And! Ballllllllllls'

I'm glad they never did that.

Agreed.  I guess that phrase could be funny...when you're 15.  Once you're an adult, it's hard to believe that anyone could think that expression is funny.

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2017, 03:40:06 AM »
The gift of music:

"We are living day to day, forced to beg and lie in shit"

I read it on a misheard thing somewhere and have heard it like that ever since  :eek

Same, I unfortunately hear that too  :eek  :facepalm:
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 11:06:48 AM »
This all reminds me of the Rush song "Beneath, Between, Behind". There's a part where it sais "cracks appear",  I always thought it said "cracks a beer" lol!  I still like to open a beer right at that part of the song. 🍺