Author Topic: Songs you haven't heard in years, but then you hear them everywhere  (Read 927 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
 So, a few months ago I was in the grocery store and I heard the song crush by Jennifer paige. Flew me back to freshman year in high school.  I seriously hadn't heard that song in at least 10 to 15 years. And then I'm starting to hear it everywhere. Like I just walked out of the vets office with it playing. I've heard that song everywhere. Has that happened to any of you? Where you hear a song for the first time in years, but then you start hearing everywhere?
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
That almost sounds like when you learn a new word and suddenly hear it super often. I think there's even a name for that...
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I can't recall songs, but after watching an episode of WWE Raw where during a promo Seth Rollins used the word "caveat", suddenly it's everyone's favorite word. Seriously, before Raw, I had never heard that word before. So, not really the same thing, but that's what it reminded me of. Same with "butthurt". Never heard that word in Florida EVER, move to Arizona, hear my cousin say it, then EVERYONE in the world is saying it.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Same with "butthurt". Never heard that word in Florida EVER, move to Arizona, hear my cousin say it, then EVERYONE in the world is saying it.

Well you don't have to get so butthurt about it.  :yeahright
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Slight tangent : But it's infuriating online when trolls online use the word "butthurt" to mean "haha i ripped something you like to shreds and you defended it. "

Basically it's like "omg sew butthurt" means " i can say whatever i want ".

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Slight tangent : But it's infuriating online when trolls online use the word "butthurt" to mean "haha i ripped something you like to shreds and you defended it. "

Yeah, same with the word "trolling". Not many people seem to understand that "trolls" are supposed to get people to overreact. Just because they point out that what you said was dumb doesn't mean they "fell for your trolling" of whatever.

Anyway, back to thread.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Yeah, same with the word "trolling". Not many people seem to understand that "trolls" are supposed to get people to overreact. Just because they point out that what you said was dumb doesn't mean they "fell for your trolling" of whatever.

Anyway, back to thread.

Trolling nowadays is disagreeing in any way. People are dumb.

Sorry Splent. You might be alone on this one.

Online Mladen

I've had similar experiences with bands.

I remember only knowing Song 2 by Blur, never seeing anything else of theirs out there. Once I got into Blur, I started bumping into many of their other songs on TV, radio, events and stuff. I was wondering how I had never noticed them before.