Author Topic: Revolution Saints Thread  (Read 634 times)

Offline cfmoran13

Revolution Saints Thread
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here is a fan of Revolution Saints - the Deen Castronovo, Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich band who put out their debut album in 2015 on Frontiers Records.  Having never seen Journey live, I never knew Deen could sing.  Holy sh*t!  His voice is pretty awesome.  Very Steve Perry-esque.

Written primarily by that Alessandro Del Vecchio guy, a lot of the first album sounds the same.  But, the potential is there for something awesome.  Hopefully, with Doug being involved in the writing this time around, the material will be even stronger.  I wish it were only Doug and Jack doing the writing and Del Vecchio only producing.  I'd include Deen in the songwriting.  But, I don't know if he does any.

Please keep all comments focused on the band, and not any "off-the-field" issues any of the guys are dealing with.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Revolution Saints Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:26:31 PM »
You should head over to the melodic rock thread mate, we've talked a bit about this band and many others.

I love the first album, I just listened to it a week or so ago and it's still really strong and has aged well.  They will have a new one coming out later in the year which I'm looking forward to.

Yeah, Dean's vocals are fantastic.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »
IS it good?  I'm a HUGE Jack Blades fan, and when I heard this I was jazzed... until I found out Jack didn't write the songs.    That might be a big hurdle for me.  What's it like?  Night Ranger?  Dio?   Somewhere in between?  Nowhere close?

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:07:24 AM »
IS it good?  I'm a HUGE Jack Blades fan, and when I heard this I was jazzed... until I found out Jack didn't write the songs.    That might be a big hurdle for me.  What's it like?  Night Ranger?  Dio?   Somewhere in between?  Nowhere close?
I would say that it's very Journey-esque.  I think Del Vecchio decided if Journey wasn't going to record an album with Steve Perry, he'd write one for a guy that sounds a helluva lot like him who happened to also be their drummer at the time.  Jack has a few vocal lines.  One song even has an alternate version with Arnel singing lead.  If I'm not mistaken, Schon makes an appearance, too.