Author Topic: Trump's Presidency thread. v 100 days and counting  (Read 32049 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
    • my coverband
Re: Trump's Presidency thread. v 100 days and counting
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2017, 06:54:42 AM »
Nixon, anyone?
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance youīre always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2017, 07:10:36 AM »
The similarities are undeniable.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2017, 07:38:03 AM »
*waits patiently for a defense of this from some of the conservative members here*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
LOL, ok, here it is.  Comey reported to the Deputy AG, Rod Rosenstein.  He was an OBAMA appointed judge and served under Bush and Obama and was recently approved as DAG by a senate vote of 94 to 6.  He was Comey's boss.  Rosenstein sent a letter to Trump recommending his termination. 

So, if Trump does not fire him, as advised by an Obama appointee, all the libs would be screaming that a fix was in and Trump was protecting Comey for favors down the road.

Also this now leaves a CLINTONISTA, Andrew McCabe, as acting FBI Dir.  Would Trump turn over the reigns to a Clinton supporter if he were trying to stifle an investigation?

The investigation will not stop because of Comey's firing.  And I would bet a week's salary that in the end there will be more dirt on Obama's DOJ come out of it than dirt on the Trumpmiester.
Until you struggle through the dark, you'll never know that you're alive.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:06 AM »
His recommendation to fire him was bullshit, and everyone knows it.  It was done to give Trump a "reason".

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »
His recommendation to fire him was bullshit, and everyone knows it.  It was done to give Trump a "reason".

Trump already had plenty of reasons.  However, the look of cover up will get the spotlight above all the actual reasons and probably rightfully so.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2017, 08:10:52 AM »
There are reports Rosenstein was tasked with finding reasons to sack him 2 weeks ago. I don't think this was Rosenstein's reason.

At the end of the day Grabby was right to sack him. We all agree that he sucked, based on whatever our agendas happen to be. At the same time the democrats are right to question his motives. The optics of this are highly troubling, which even republicans in congress recognize. The problem is that democrats are conditioned to bark like seals at every single thing Trump does, and republicans refuse to acknowledge any criticism, no matter how reasonable it might be, if it comes from the yapping left. It's a bunch of shitheads from both sides of the aisle all pointing at the other side for stinking the room up. This is why we can't have nice things.

*waits patiently for a defense of this from some of the conservative members here*
And the previous 10 posts are why most wouldn't find it worth their time or effort.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »
There are reports Rosenstein was tasked with finding reasons to sack him 2 weeks ago. I don't think this was Rosenstein's reason.

At the end of the day Grabby was right to sack him. We all agree that he sucked, based on whatever our agendas happen to be. At the same time the democrats are right to question his motives. The optics of this are highly troubling, which even republicans in congress recognize. The problem is that democrats are conditioned to bark like seals at every single thing Trump does, and republicans refuse to acknowledge any criticism, no matter how reasonable it might be, if it comes from the yapping left. It's a bunch of shitheads from both sides of the aisle all pointing at the other side for stinking the room up. This is why we can't have nice things.

And the previous 10 posts are why most wouldn't find it worth their time or effort.

Bart, thank you.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2017, 08:44:43 AM »

"Today we'll no doubt hear calls for a new investigation, which could only serve to impede the current work being done," McConnell said on the Senate floor, referring to the Senate Intelligence Committee's probe of Russia's election meddling.

Kind of ironic coming from the guy who had no problem holding 53 hearings on Benghazi.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »

"Today we'll no doubt hear calls for a new investigation, which could only serve to impede the current work being done," McConnell said on the Senate floor, referring to the Senate Intelligence Committee's probe of Russia's election meddling.

Kind of ironic coming from the guy who had no problem holding 53 hearings on Benghazi.

Agreed, pushing off the investigation while the talk of it is getting hotter due to actions of the white house makes me think the best way to get the current work done, is to get the investigation completed and over with so everyone can move forward, of course assuming there is nothing wrong.  Then again, if we were to compare it to Benghazi then this will likely never end so maybe just pushing forward regardless isn't the worse idea.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2017, 08:49:10 AM »

I was going to type * Waits patiently for a dismissal of this from some of the liberal members here* but I don't see that I need to now.  :)   

But even if you're right - and who knows if you are - it's the least important piece of information there, and is irrelevant.  What about the fact that NO ONE trusts his (Comey's) output?  If he clears Trump, he's a shill, if he doesn't he's incompetent.  What about the fact that the man who IS now in charge is arguably more liable towards bias against Trump?     

After acknowledging that the timing is less than perfect (but not determinative) I find it hard not to see criticisms of this as more "well, I don't know what it is, but if Trump did it, it MUST be bad". 

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »

After acknowledging that the timing is less than perfect (but not determinative) I find it hard not to see criticisms of this as more "well, I don't know what it is, but if Trump did it, it MUST be bad".
Based on some of the assumptions here I'd agree with you. In a more general sense, if you don't trust Trump, and I think we all agree that nobody should, then it's impossible not to see the potential for badness here.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Inventory!
    • Overhaul
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »
What about the fact that NO ONE trusts his (Comey's) output?  If he clears Trump, he's a shill, if he doesn't he's incompetent. . 

This is a good assessment.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2017, 09:05:51 AM »
Coney may have fucked up on various things, but obviously it is going to raise flags when a politician fires the person in charge of an investigation into themselves. If Obama had fired Comey during the Clinton email investigations, or even after they were completed, it would have looked bad and had the right screaming about corruption, politicians believing themselves above the law, etc. Yes, it sucks that someone might enjoy a degree of "protection" against being fired for legitimate reasons because it would look really bad, but that is the reality of the situation. And it means that one should probably have a very concrete reason for doing it and make sure the timing is appropriate - if not, then drawing the obvious conclusion that it was done due to the investigation is much more justified.

Trump's bullshit official reason is so bad it's hard to believe even the usual Trump apologists could believe it. Comey was fired because he made Clinton look worse than she should have? Yes, I am sure Donald cares a lot about that. As El Barto mentioned, its been reported that the DOJ was basically asked to come up with a reason to give to fire him.

Coincidentally, as well as ocurring two days before Comey waa scheduled to testify before a Senate Committee, it occurs the same day that reports made it to the media that a Grand Jury is starting to issue subpoenas on the Russia investigation:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-flynn-targeted-by-grand-jury-subpoenas-sources-confirm/

I believe this had been rumoured for a week or two - round about the same amount of time ago that Trump supposedly asked for a pretense to fire Comey. So although it has been in the works for a little while at least, I wouldn't be surprised if the exact timing was due to the story about the subpoenas, as it was clearly a rushed action (there was no replacement prepared, Donald's laughable letter was dated that day).

Comey apparently only found out when he was in LA addressing FBI employees when the news appeared on the TVs in the room. Shortly after the media already had the story, Donald's private bodyguard was dropping off his boss's letter to the FBI in Washington. Expected level of class from this guy.

If the administration wanted their pretense that this was a legitimate response to Comey's failings on various issues over the past year to be considered seriously, then maybe they should have worked harder to make it look less like Donald just firing the director of the agency investigating him, as that investigstion takes another step forward, in a manner that resembles the actions of a banana republic dictator.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2017, 09:34:31 AM »
Coney may have fucked up on various things, but obviously it is going to raise flags when a politician fires the person in charge of an investigation into themselves. If Obama had fired Comey during the Clinton email investigations, or even after they were completed, it would have looked bad and had the right screaming about corruption, politicians believing themselves above the law, etc. Yes, it sucks that someone might enjoy a degree of "protection" against being fired for legitimate reasons because it would look really bad, but that is the reality of the situation. And it means that one should probably have a very concrete reason for doing it and make sure the timing is appropriate - if not, then drawing the obvious conclusion that it was done due to the investigation is much more justified.

Trump's bullshit official reason is so bad it's hard to believe even the usual Trump apologists could believe it. Comey was fired because he made Clinton look worse than she should have? Yes, I am sure Donald cares a lot about that. As El Barto mentioned, its been reported that the DOJ was basically asked to come up with a reason to give to fire him.

Coincidentally, as well as ocurring two days before Comey waa scheduled to testify before a Senate Committee, it occurs the same day that reports made it to the media that a Grand Jury is starting to issue subpoenas on the Russia investigation:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-flynn-targeted-by-grand-jury-subpoenas-sources-confirm/

I believe this had been rumoured for a week or two - round about the same amount of time ago that Trump supposedly asked for a pretense to fire Comey. So although it has been in the works for a little while at least, I wouldn't be surprised if the exact timing was due to the story about the subpoenas, as it was clearly a rushed action (there was no replacement prepared, Donald's laughable letter was dated that day).

Comey apparently only found out when he was in LA addressing FBI employees when the news appeared on the TVs in the room. Shortly after the media already had the story, Donald's private bodyguard was dropping off his boss's letter to the FBI in Washington. Expected level of class from this guy.

If the administration wanted their pretense that this was a legitimate response to Comey's failings on various issues over the past year to be considered seriously, then maybe they should have worked harder to make it look less like Donald just firing the director of the agency investigating him, as that investigstion takes another step forward, in a manner that resembles the actions of a banana republic dictator.
Exactly.

But whatever.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2017, 09:37:49 AM »
I mentioned to Mrs. C. last night about Comey being fired.  Jr. says "Where'd you read that?"  I say "CNN".  He says "So it's biased news".

I got a little ragey.  She and I both told him that MSNBC and FOX would most definitely fit that definition, but saying that about CNN is kinda BS.  When I press him on how he gets his information and what the support is for his viewpoints, he refuses to answer.  I suspect that he's likely just parroting BS that his hardcore Trump supporting, Hillary hate-boner friends are spewing and it's extremely aggravating.  I don't mind if he has an opinion that's contrary to ours.  I just want to know that he's made an attempt at understanding his own words enough to be able to support them with facts or figures.  When he refuses to support his own words, I am left to conclude that he has no support for them and that's frustrating.  I want him to be taken seriously when he goes out into the real world and has conversations with people about stuff like this.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »
^^^^Somewhere in Connecticut Stadler is chuckling.
E.F. Benson

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2017, 09:55:39 AM »
Another interesting wrinkle in the timing of this

WASHINGTON ó Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureauís investigation into Russiaís interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.

Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Departmentís memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.

Mr. Comey then briefed members of Congress on the meeting in recent days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2017, 10:00:39 AM »
The letter from the Deputy Attorney General giving his problems that are the justification for Trump and AG to fire Comey:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39866767

A very well written and reasonable argument imo.

Similar to as Stadler said above:

What about the fact that NO ONE trusts his (Comey's) output?  If he clears Trump, he's a shill, if he doesn't he's incompetent.

The best case I have seen here for getting rid of him. These publicised investigations against despised political candidates in an extremely polarised campaign have led to many people alternately praising then lambasting the director of the FBI depending on whether what he is saying fits their politics at the moment - which is not good for the FBI being able to be seen as a neutral party in the future.

...However - if the aim is to "restore the public confidence" in the FBI, then any good firing Comey might have done is pissed away ten times over when it seems like Trump is firing the FBI director in the midst of an investigation into himself. Perception matters - particularly if your goal is to boost public confidence. At best, confidence in the new director of the FBI, once Trump appoints one, will maybe be split down party lines. If Comey wouldn't be trusted either way on the results of the FBI investigation, then how much trust will the public have now if Trump and his people are cleared?

If Comey was to be fired to truly restore public trust rather than for other reasons, then it would need to be done in a way that went to great lengths to assure the public that every step was being taken to maintain neutrality in the Trump campaign investigation. Instead, the timing and manner of the dismissal mean that the portion of the public who do not trust Trump have every reason not to trust whoever he appoints as FBI director.

Unless handled with extreme care, replacing Comey at this stage was always going to erode trust in the FBI rather than restore it. And unsurprisingly, Donald is not able to handle it with care to mitigate the bad perception.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:05:41 AM by RuRoRul »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
^^^^Somewhere in Connecticut Stadler is chuckling.

I just went and got lunch in the building next door and heard ominous laughter coming from an unknown location. This explains everything.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2017, 10:08:52 AM »
Stadler makes the great point that this investigation is a no-win for Comey.  However, the fact that Trump doesn't let it play out is incredibly troubling.  Removing those that pose a threat to one's power is not even borderline authoritarian.  It's outright.  Yates - gone; Comey - gone; Flynn - tried to sweep it under the rug.  There is way too much smoke here.  If the Clinton investigation is the REAL reason why he's being fired, then what happened from the time that Grabby had the power to act on that (Jan 20), and now?  It's taken almost 4 months for him to come to the conclusion that Comey's actions last summer/fall were termination-worthy?

Sorry conservatives... but this is bull-shit.  Dress it up all you want, but - and I don't have a horse in the race - it's utter bull-shit to NOW say that he's being canned for incompetence over the Clinton investigation.

Those of you that aren't petrified that Trump is removing people that pose a potential threat to him must own the thickest set of rose colored glasses.

For those that have faith the acting director will continue this, and the investigation will continue ... I hope you're right.  Just wait for Christie to be hired as the full-time director.  Or worse yet, Giuliani.

Agreed with RuRo... if this was all on the up-and-up, then wouldn't it make sense to have a full-time director ready to go immediately?  What's the urgency in firing him yesterday?

I don't necessarily agree with all the CNN/MSNBC rhetoric... but something is horribly fishy here.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?smid=tw-share&_r=3

Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureauís investigation into Russiaís interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.
Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Departmentís memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.

This article is from the "failing New York Times", so make of it what you will.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:04 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?smid=tw-share&_r=3

Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureauís investigation into Russiaís interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.

This article is from the "failing New York Times", so make of it what you will.

Also being reported from two other noted proprietors of fake news, the Associated Press and the Washington Post.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2017, 11:07:49 AM »
So apparently twitter is hoping Trump picks Burt Macklin as the new head of the FBI.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2017, 11:17:02 AM »
    Michael Anderson, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Chicago division;
    Paul Abbate, the executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch of the FBI;
    Adam Lee, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Richmond Division;
    William Evanina, the head of counterintelligence for the US government and the principal counterintelligence and security adviser to the    director of national intelligence
These are the four candidates. All bureau insiders and reasonable candidates. I'm personally rooting against Abbate, simply because privacy is one of my pet causes and I think we can safely assume what his pet projects would be.

edit: Oh, and I'd be amazed if Giuliani even  considered accepting the job if offered. I don't think it would have been hand-on or prestigious enough for his liking.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2017, 11:33:47 AM »
She and I both told him that MSNBC and FOX would most definitely fit that definition, but saying that about CNN is kinda BS.

But you know that there are multiple studies on this, and most - if not all - have MSNBC as THE most biased mainstream television news outlet, and CNN as more biased than Fox.   The problem with Fox is two-fold:  one, they run more 'personality driven" op-ed spots - Hannity, O'Reilly, etc. - than CNN, and two, they are basically the lone station whose bias tips right more than left.  But when it comes to news - the actual news - Fox is CONSISTENTLY less biased than CNN.    So Jr. may not be that far off the mark.

When I press him on how he gets his information and what the support is for his viewpoints, he refuses to answer.  I suspect that he's likely just parroting BS that his hardcore Trump supporting, Hillary hate-boner friends are spewing and it's extremely aggravating.  I don't mind if he has an opinion that's contrary to ours.  I just want to know that he's made an attempt at understanding his own words enough to be able to support them with facts or figures.  When he refuses to support his own words, I am left to conclude that he has no support for them and that's frustrating.  I want him to be taken seriously when he goes out into the real world and has conversations with people about stuff like this.
All that is spot on.  Doesn't matter if Fox is more or less biased than CNN, if you don't know which is which, or where you got the information from, it doesn't really help you or anyone else.  "Because I said so" stops being effective after the age of about 9 or so.  :) 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2017, 11:41:26 AM »
Stadler makes the great point that this investigation is a no-win for Comey.  However, the fact that Trump doesn't let it play out is incredibly troubling.  Removing those that pose a threat to one's power is not even borderline authoritarian.  It's outright.  Yates - gone; Comey - gone; Flynn - tried to sweep it under the rug.  There is way too much smoke here.  If the Clinton investigation is the REAL reason why he's being fired, then what happened from the time that Grabby had the power to act on that (Jan 20), and now?  It's taken almost 4 months for him to come to the conclusion that Comey's actions last summer/fall were termination-worthy?

Sorry conservatives... but this is bull-shit.  Dress it up all you want, but - and I don't have a horse in the race - it's utter bull-shit to NOW say that he's being canned for incompetence over the Clinton investigation.

Those of you that aren't petrified that Trump is removing people that pose a potential threat to him must own the thickest set of rose colored glasses.

C'mon.  No.  Just no.   It's "authoritarian" under certain circumstances, but EVERY administration since Adams has done something more or less like this.   If anything, Trump is giving some of these people - clearly affiliated with previous administrations - the benefit of the doubt, and when it doesn't pan out - Yates might as well have been that douche in the picture with Ryan - and he ends the experiment, he's an "authoritarian".  He ran on a platform that was "drain the swamp"
 - which many took to mean "not going to rely on business as usual", and when he actually DOES that, he's "authoritarian".  It doesn't take an apologist - which I am certainly not; I didn't vote for the guy, and I wouldn't now if given the opportunity - to be fair and weigh ALL the facts, not just the ones that support the pet conspiracy theory du jour.   

For those that have faith the acting director will continue this, and the investigation will continue ... I hope you're right.  Just wait for Christie to be hired as the full-time director.  Or worse yet, Giuliani.

For the record, wouldn't support either hiring.

Agreed with RuRo... if this was all on the up-and-up, then wouldn't it make sense to have a full-time director ready to go immediately?  What's the urgency in firing him yesterday?

I don't necessarily agree with all the CNN/MSNBC rhetoric... but something is horribly fishy here.

Because if he did, ESPECIALLY if the person was anywhere right of Hillary herself, the Trump haters would be APOPLECTIC at how "Trump put his own guy in there".  I know it's hard for many to accept, but given that there is no perfect answer (that ship sailed, and so long ago that Columbus was on it) he did this as right as he could.   

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »
Did Coz say that CNN was NOT biased?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »
But you know that there are multiple studies on this, and most - if not all - have MSNBC as THE most biased mainstream television news outlet, and CNN as more biased than Fox.   The problem with Fox is two-fold:  one, they run more 'personality driven" op-ed spots - Hannity, O'Reilly, etc. - than CNN, and two, they are basically the lone station whose bias tips right more than left.  But when it comes to news - the actual news - Fox is CONSISTENTLY less biased than CNN.    So Jr. may not be that far off the mark.

And I have no doubt that I could find multiple studies that say the exact opposite.  The conversation went like this:

"Apparently Trump fired James Comey"
"Where'd you read that?"
"CNN"
"So it's biased news."

He had zero details on the story itself and zero desire to even inquire as to the details.  His kneejerk reaction was "biased".  He doesn't know news channels enough to even make that determination on his own, because he's too busy watching gamer videos on YouTube.  He knows what his pro-Trump gf says (that she likely hears from her own parents) and what his criminal justice friends say, most of whom I think are pro-Trump.  So no, he's so far off the mark that if he were the fabled "good guy with a gun", he'd have killed 3 innocent bystanders by accident.

All that is spot on.  Doesn't matter if Fox is more or less biased than CNN, if you don't know which is which, or where you got the information from, it doesn't really help you or anyone else.  "Because I said so" stops being effective after the age of about 9 or so.  :) 

Right, but good luck trying to sell that line of logic to a teenager.  :lol

Did Coz say that CNN was NOT biased?

In this instance, I was trying to point out to him that it had NOTHING to do with CNN.  All he heard was the headline, which was 100% factual, and his IMMEDIATE reaction was "ZOMGBIAS", because CNN.  We were saying "CNN isn't biased because the headline says (paraphrasing) Trump fires Comey".  Anybody prints that, it's fact, whether you like the source or not.  The better question is did Stadler just suggest that they were worse than Fox News?  That's the real head-scratcher for me.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »
Watching the press conference, and the woman saying she thinks it's sad how the Democrats are trying to politicize this and criticize the administration for doing it's job just has me like  ::)

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
Where's Spicer????????

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
Where's Spicer????????

According to reports this morning, he was literally hiding in bushes to avoid talking about Comey, and when he finally came out, he only agreed to talk if he wasn't recorded and the lights were turned nearly off.

I'm not kidding.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:49 PM »
Where's Spicer????????
Doing his service to the country (National Guard duty).

And "the woman" is clearly Mrs. Bernie Sanders.  :)

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »
Where's Spicer????????

According to reports this morning, he was literally hiding in bushes to avoid talking about Comey, and when he finally came out, he only agreed to talk if he wasn't recorded and the lights were turned nearly off.

I'm not kidding.
Melissa McCarthy needed some new material I guess.