2 stars
0 (0%)
1 1/2 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 02, 2023, 07:47:26 AM

Author Topic: How has VH's A Different Kind of Truth aged for you?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
Re: How has VH's A Different Kind of Truth aged for you?
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »
I wonder if the album would have gotten a better initial buzz if She's the Woman or China Town had been released as the first single instead of Tattoo. Because I know of a couple of friends who wrote off the album just because they thought Tattoo was a bit lame. I remember a local disc jokey who wrote off the album because he disliked the song as well.
I'm sure it would've helped. I didn't dislike Tattoo nearly as much as most people but it still left me skeptical on the album. She's the Woman is such a no brainer as a lead single, I have no idea how they dropped the ball on that.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
Agreed. She's the Woman would have gotten a much more positive reaction from the masses.

Also, I listened to this at the gym earlier and was reminded that As Is is really good; I had kind of forgotten about that one.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 05:59:33 AM »
For Sure.  And this album seemed to have a lot of build up and then just seemingly disappeared shortly after its release.  I don't know if there was an actual second single release.

She's The Woman was 2nd (cool retro cover below) and it seems Stay Frosty may have been a "radio single" but not sold as a single in stores.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au