Author Topic: Say DT's next album has a bonus disc. What'd you want?  (Read 8375 times)

Offline CB

Re: Say DT's next album has a bonus disc. What'd you want?
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »
Seems we agree we all want a bonus disc.
DT, can you hear us??

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2017, 06:50:03 PM »
Seems we agree we all want a bonus disc.
DT, can you hear us??

Indeed!
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2017, 03:35:20 AM »
What we don't agree is the content of the bonus disc  :biggrin: even though many would like a making of.

I've seen from the replies that I'm in the minority in wanting actual music. Be it additional stuff, demos, covers, different arrangements etc I'd like more actual music and maybe something a bit off the field, justified for a bonus disc that doesn't impact the style and tone of the album.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:28:54 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2017, 04:27:44 AM »
I'd like some extra tracks, like Epiclouder or the bonus Transcendence disc.

Offline BeardedGentlemanHistorian

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
I vote for extra tracks, like they did with the 3 disc edition of BC&SL.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2017, 09:11:02 PM »
I vote for extra tracks, like they did with the 3 disc edition of BC&SL.

I want extra tracks, but please no more covers.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2017, 07:11:28 AM »
I'd like to see a mix of B-sides and older songs that were completely rewritten/re-envisioned, along the lines of Caught in Alice's Nine Inch Tool Garden and Surrounded '07. One or two could be acoustic, but I'd like to see how they could take some of the other older songs in different directions.

This exactly. They have done making of videos and covers so no thanks for those.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
I'd like to see official, studio versions of Barfbag, Moonbubbles and Cry for Freedom.

Offline gm5k

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
Without a doubt, a "making of" thing like one from SC with as much footage as they can cram in.  Hire a guy they feel really comfortable with and let him film a bunch of studio stuff.  Even though SC is my least favorite DT album, it's still so fun to watch that "making of" doc.

I don't know how comfortable DT is with doing that kind of thing these days, but they seemed to enjoy it on the SC one.  That kind of footage is so special and a blast to watch.

I also like the idea of some decently recorded audio from the TA or I&W tour.  Maybe writing session/improv stuff...something like that jam session they first had with Mangini when he was auditioning. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:23:09 PM by gm5k »

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2017, 07:59:40 PM »
And to add onto the making-of: I'd like to see the writing of the record, as well. Yeah, I'm greedy, I guess. It'd be cool to just see the evolution of the songs, kinda like what they did on the little making of Train of Thought, where they showed the thought-process of parts. As a viewer/fan/musician, I'd like to every step of the process, from writing, recording, mixing/mastering, then the tour. But, f course, you'd have to take into account that the guys might find that a little too invasive and after awhile would wanna be left the hell alone. I know I would. But on the flipside, I find stuff like that fascinating, which is why, like I said in my earlier post, why I like A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica so fun to watch.
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
I prefer a CD will mixed extra content; acoustic renditions, covers, live recordings, demo's, (studio) live recordings, instrumental versions, etc. A balance between them, with whatever suits a certain song the best (some songs will be great instrumentally, others will be great acoustic). A making off is nice but I prefer those bite sized at youtube/facebook.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2017, 02:12:55 PM »
A live version of The Astonishing.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »

SO. MUCH. THIS.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »

SO. MUCH. THIS.

I don't even care if it's mastered like shit. They could label it an official bootleg for all I care.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »
But then it wouldn't fit in one disc.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
"Say DT's next album has a bonus disc. What'd you want?"

DT's next album has a bonus disc.. What'd you want?..

/thread
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »
Maybe a track by track discussion by the band?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2017, 02:30:53 AM »
Maybe a track by track discussion by the band?

It would be nice to even have it in the booklet. Some bands do it, Edguy for example in their latest albums have two pages dedicated to each song discussing how it was created and the likes, it would be interesting for a change to have a short commentary from the band / the songwriter about it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline 8GRND

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2017, 10:35:12 AM »
Hi there! It's been my first post, after wandering around for some time.

So, I think that it would be cool if they make music videos for all songs from their next album, just like Metallica did, and put it in bonus CD (or DVD maybe). Although some of their videos was crap, it's still very nice to see.
"Don't bully me, I'm just in "Wenger stay" side." - 8GRND

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »

So, I think that it would be cool if they make music videos for all songs from their next album, just like Metallica did, and put it in bonus CD (or DVD maybe). Although some of their videos was crap, it's still very nice to see.

First off, welcome.

Yes they could do that, or have a sort of St. Anger style performance video.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »

First off, welcome.

The studio performance video would likely be cheaper and can be done with go-pro's.  I don't think DT has Metallica's budget for full-blown concept videos for each song. 

Great ideas though.  I'd prefer videos or a live performance of the album in the studio to cover songs or instrumental versions.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »

First off, welcome.

The studio performance video would likely be cheaper and can be done with go-pro's.  I don't think DT has Metallica's budget for full-blown concept videos for each song. 

Great ideas though.  I'd prefer videos or a live performance of the album in the studio to cover songs or instrumental versions.

Agreed. I'd love a live performance of the record in-studio. Just something bare bones. Love that stuff.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline 8GRND

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 10:18:17 PM »
Agreed. I'd love a live performance of the record in-studio. Just something bare bones. Love that stuff.

Plus live performance from Mangini FULL a disc.  ;D
"Don't bully me, I'm just in "Wenger stay" side." - 8GRND

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 10:29:13 PM »
A video of both JP and James shaving off their facial hair, with MM laying down a new percussion track to 'Razor's Edge'.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »
A video of both JP and James shaving off their facial hair, with MM laying down a new percussion track to 'Razor's Edge'.

:rollin