Author Topic: LaVar Ball's racist remarks  (Read 677 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
Re: LaVar Ball's racist remarks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:44:07 AM »
 :facepalm:
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »
Hm, I was just thinking, is the movie White Men Can't Jump racist?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Head Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »
Hm, I was just thinking, is the movie White Men Can't Jump racist?

When that came out, my dad's comment was "let's make a movie called Black Men Can't Skate and see what happens"
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:19:00 PM »
lmao this guy.

Offline Cable

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »
lmao this guy.

And he is better than MJ, back when and especially now!
http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lonzo-balls-father-claims-he-would-have-killed-michael-jordan-one-on-one/

This guy is a cancer for his kids, and an overall nut bag. He stated something on Boston radio along racial/ethnic lines, and buying his teenagers expensive cars because that is what matters. I cannot remember it fully. This ethnic thing is taking it further; his precious Lakers didn't always beat those *white boys* from Boston, and Duke used to do pretty well with white players. Not sure how they do now, because I have sworn off college sports. Plus the one year rule.

Here goes; when I worked in the community, I used basketball to engage with urban kids. The agency had an indoor basketball court + a gym. It quickly reinforced to me that MJ, followed by Kobe, and now Curry were the best and worst thing for b-ball. They got a huge amount of ethnic minority folk into the sport. While at the same time, destroying fundamentals, proper shot selection, and being humble. I couldn't tell you how many bricks I saw, yet a fair amount thought they were awesome. Soft to no defense, and now the Steph effect; jacking up threes when people cannot even make a medium range shot consistently. It drove me absolutely bonkers for some, especially when some would talk up. As someone who could never shoot, I had to rely on fundamentals (guess I am white!), which is basically just hard work and knowing your limits and situations. I legitimately worked with one guy who could hit threes on a more than 50% level, and that was it. If some actually tried to not show off, and improve some of their other basic skills, a fair amount would have no problem joining some organized league(s).

While at the same time, nearly every one had Air Jordans, or Jumpman or whatever it is now (only one retro pair I want, could never afford them back when). So Ball is already talking about a billion dollar endorsement for all three, yet it's about his kids? He is a massive distraction, and has already admitted to meddling with the other two's HS coach I think? Talking up their games when none have reached the highest level, let alone played a while and are elite? This guy is horrible for the game, and possibly worse for his kids and their careers. Let alone the ethnic impact.  :-\ I will snicker if it blows up in this guys face, and his kids will be the ones that suffer.  Not him, because I'm sure he'll get a cut.
---

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »
I can't this guy. What's even more annoying is that ESPN seems to feeding his ego, though they mysteriously didn't cover this very much.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 10:06:19 AM »
I've only been with the company for a couple of weeks, but these things are real. Since I joined these men, I've seen shit that'll turn you white.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.