Author Topic: What Would You Be Doing Right Now If There Was No Internet?  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: What Would You Be Doing Right Now If There Was No Internet?
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
About two and a half years ago my ex girlfriend (psycho hose-beast) took a contract out for me...

Maybe it's because I'm reading Raymond Chandler right now ("The Big Sleep"; somehow I picture Philip Marlow as our own el Barto), but that means something different here in the States.   Glad you're still with us.  :)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »
Wow... good question.

I'd be a better musician, a better author (because I'd be reading and writing more), my handicap would be lower I'm sure, and i'd probably be a better person... because I'd be pursuing those things (along with climbing) instead of pursuing $.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I'm blessed to do something that I love and something that I have freedom with... but I got into this business for $ and I went to college (learned how not to live) for $.  My job existed before the internet... although it was likely much harder to be accurate because of the lack of precise, and up-to-the-second information that is now at any broker's fingertips.

I'm able to work at any hour and at anytime thanks to the internet and the smart phone; and because, when it comes to business I'm slightly OCD, I feel that I HAVE to answer Clients and Account Reps if I see an email at 11 PM while my wife and I are watching Good Eats and getting ready to tie each other up before bed.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
I think we'd all be better at things that bring out ourselves more - music, writing, etc.