Poll

Vote for your favourite CD from Into the Electric Castle!

CD1
8 (80%)
CD2
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 25, 2017, 09:57:55 AM

Author Topic: Ayreon Spin-off Poll #1 — Into the Electric Castle — Pick your favourite CD!  (Read 752 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Ayreon Spin-off Poll #1 — Into the Electric Castle CDs

Between the Artwork Spin-Off Survivor and the next one, which is coming up next week, I thought it would be interesting to do this little poll. As Into the Electric Castle Survivor is steadily coming to its conclusion (with three songs remaining, all from CD1), let's quickly do this.

Pick your favourite CD, and if you'd like to, explain in the thread why it is your favourite.

The deadline for this poll is 48 hours.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline MirrorMask

To be clear since I don't want to take things for granted between original releases, re-releases, packages and the likes: CD1 is the "proggy" one and CD2 is the "metal" one?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
CD1 is more consistent though I don't think the highs are quite as high

judging by the survivor results I expect CD1 to sweep this too  :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
To be clear since I don't want to take things for granted between original releases, re-releases, packages and the likes: CD1 is the "proggy" one and CD2 is the "metal" one?

CD1 contains songs from Isis and Osiris to Across the Rainbow Bridge (well, and the intro), CD2 is from Garden of Emotions to Another Time, Another Space.

Are you sure you aren't mixing this album and Universal Migrator ones?

judging by the survivor results I expect CD1 to sweep this too  :lol

Me too, but I think these kind of polls will be more interesting for some of the next Ayreon albums.

Offline MirrorMask

Are you sure you aren't mixing this album and Universal Migrator ones?

I totally did. Whops  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
When you said new Ayreon spin-off, the first idea that came to my mind was favourite guest vocalists, with a list of everyone who has had a significant contribution. I wouldn't know where to draw the line to decide who is and is not "significant" though - for example the Myrath singer on the new album wouldn't qualify - but it did seem like a cool idea.

Oh and voting CD1, yeah, not even close
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
When you said new Ayreon spin-off, the first idea that came to my mind was favourite guest vocalists, with a list of everyone who has had a significant contribution. I wouldn't know where to draw the line to decide who is and is not "significant" though - for example the Myrath singer on the new album wouldn't qualify - but it did seem like a cool idea.

Spoiler: it actually is the next spin-off that's coming (in two parts). This here is just a quick poll before we get to that big one next week.

Offline MirrorMask

I'm quite undecided on this. I'm not the biggest fan of the entire album, the first disc sounds stronger but the second has my two favorite songs (Castle Hall and Valley of the Queens).

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Seeing that my top 3 songs are alll on cd1 this is a no brainer
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
I actually wanted to vote CD1, but apparently I'm too stupid for that, so I voted CD2 on accident.

Yeah, CD2 is getting shafted. :lol
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!