Author Topic: Polls & Survivors Tracker Thread  (Read 829 times)

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
    • Feather Child
Re: Polls & Survivors Tracker Thread
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 06:00:58 PM »
OK, I might be wrong but I don't see a Metallica Survivor in 2017. I asked latest author about it but his inbox is full and I even can't send a message with question about it. If it's OK with everyone, I would love to run that.  :metal It would not affect Queensryche Survivor an any way ;)
QUEENSRYCHE Survivor 2017 - American Soldier rounds starts now!!!! :corn :corn HELLOWEEN SURVIVOR 2017 Metal Jukebox round 6 starts now, and NON-ALBUM SONGS survivor round 16 starts now!!!!!!! :corn :corn

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
    • Feather Child
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »
Sorry for double posting but I wanted this post to be well visible for interested ones ;) While TheCountOfNYC has been found and answered about Metallica Survivor, I just want to let You Guys know that I have been preparing HELLOWEEN SURVIVOR 2017  :metal We will go through all Helloween studio albums including 5 track EP from 1985. But that's not the end. I also have prepared 42 non-albums and b-sides tracks for this survivor and the album tournament  :metal So we can easily speak that we have in front of us Mega Helloween Survivor 2017  ;D First we will start with casual type of survivor - album by album and voting out the least favourite songs. Next, somewhere in the middle of Helloween's discography, I will launch Helloween non-albums and b-sides song survivor, and after we deal with all the albums, album tournament will start. Hope I will find some participants in here, I ran once Helloween Survivor here long ago and it was fun :) It will start between nearest Monday and Wednesday :)  :metal Be prepared :)
QUEENSRYCHE Survivor 2017 - American Soldier rounds starts now!!!! :corn :corn HELLOWEEN SURVIVOR 2017 Metal Jukebox round 6 starts now, and NON-ALBUM SONGS survivor round 16 starts now!!!!!!! :corn :corn

Offline IDontNotDoThings

• Speak the word...
  • ...the word is all of us.
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:05 AM »
I've recently been thinking of starting a Symphony X survivor once I'm finished listening through their discography (currently up to The Odyssey). Would anyone be interested? I know the last one wasn't held that long ago, but seeing as that one was never finished (& may or may not have been run by a robot :lol) I was thinking I could start it up again? Thoughts?

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
    • Feather Child
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2017, 12:33:39 AM »
I've recently been thinking of starting a Symphony X survivor once I'm finished listening through their discography (currently up to The Odyssey). Would anyone be interested? I know the last one wasn't held that long ago, but seeing as that one was never finished (& may or may not have been run by a robot :lol) I was thinking I could start it up again? Thoughts?
Symphony X? I'm into it  :metal

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2017, 08:44:12 AM »
It's a shame that so many great bands don't have enough fans here to warrant running a meaningful survivor.
*smash cut to a bleached white skeleton*

Offline LordCost

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
I could vote for most of the SX albums.
Watch the POLLS/SURVIVOR section for the Pain Of Salvation survivor!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »
I'd be interested in a Symphony X survivor

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
    • Feather Child
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
As I remember well, there usually was a Symphony X survivor here and it has a lot of participants. I'm sure that more than 5 of us would be interested in it.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

• Speak the word...
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »
Cool, I'll start it up once I finish their discography (should be a week or two). Maybe this will be the first time I start a survivor that doesn't die from inactivity. :biggrin:

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2017, 05:52:14 AM »
I'm gonna be starting up the Metallica survivor again in a couple of days.
“People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline IDontNotDoThings

• Speak the word...
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2017, 05:54:32 AM »

:tup

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
    • Feather Child
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »
:metal Great news! I'm very curious about Hardwired, and very hungry for showing St. Anger some love ;)

Offline LordCost

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 03:30:25 PM »
DoC you can add Pain Of Salvation Survivor in the completed Survivor list and also the Leprous Survivor which is missing in the list:
http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=46618.msg2132267#msg2132267
Watch the POLLS/SURVIVOR section for the Pain Of Salvation survivor!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 03:44:07 PM »
So, it's been a few months since I last stepped foot into the Polls/Survivors subforum, but I think I have an idea of what I want to do next, and it's kind of a doozy...

The Neal Morse Mega-Survivor, including sub-survivors for:
Neal Morse Solo/Neal Morse Band (prog solo albums only, no Songs From November or worship albums)
Spock's Beard (the first six albums, then the rest because, why not?)
Flying Colors (the two that are out, three if it comes out by the time we get to it)
Transatlantic (the four that are out, five if it ever happens)
Misc. Songs Neal has Played and/or Sung on (subject to change, perhaps upon suggestions)

Each survivor would run as its own, but then I would take a selection of those and run a MEGA FINALS Survivor to find the BEST Neal Morse song!

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Ideas and suggestions? Am I crazy? Maybe...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - I am currently taking a hiatus from running any Survivors at the moment,
 but feel free to check out others' that are running in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!! Maybe in the coming months, I'll start up again with a different band if there is interest...