Author Topic: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: all done...  (Read 9528 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #20 is a step below silver...
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:46 AM »
this album is really inconsistent. i don't like for red cloud at all but belie the machine and transmit to disconnect are pretty great. and then there's a lot of stuff sitting in the middle.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #19 is unforgiven...
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »
I actually listened to this on release because a guitar player I was a fan of (Wes Hauch) joined the band before the recording of Selves We Cannot Forgive. I was blown away and actually surprised because for so long I've generally had a hard time coming around to some of the harsher vocals BUT they meld sooooo well with riffs and then come the interesting melodies and the cleans are unique to me and just rise through. Such a good album that I've played very frequently over the last year. :metal

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #18 is learning to fly...
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2017, 02:56:50 AM »

Fates Warning - Theories of Flight

This was my first experience listening to a Fates Warning album and I was pleasantly surprised. I checked this out because at the time of release the FW thread was incredibly active and there seemed to be consensus that Theories of Flight was one of their best albums yet. I'd heard that FW were one of the originators of Progressive Metal, along with Dream Theater, so it seemed like a no brainer. I still haven't gone back and listened to any earlier FW albums yet (any recommendations are welcome) but I will get around to it soon.

Theories of Flight hits that sweet spot, in my opinion, where it is progressive yet still accessible. There are songs on this album which I could easily imagine being played on mainstream radio (Seven Stars for instance). They are catchy, melodic whilst also being heavy and interesting. Every song feels like an anthem in the truest sense of the word. I don't dislike a single song on this record and it's hard to pick out the highlights as they all have their moments.

For a band that formed 35 years ago I find it so impressive that they are able to release albums of this calibre. This offering sounds relevant in this modern era of progressive metal/rock and if I hadn't have known better, I'd have thought this was put out by a much younger band. Every member is firing on all cylinders and it's hard to pick who gives the best performance. I really dig the vocals, Ray Adler just owns it and he shows off a great range.

Last year was really a great year for music and the fact that an album this good is only ranking #18 just goes to show that. I'm pretty sure most of you will already have listened to this by now but if you haven't then do yourself a favour  :tup

Favourite songs: From the Rooftops, Seven Stars, The Ghosts of Home

Offline twosuitsluke

Vektor - Terminal Redux

Ok, apologies so I got way behind with this whole thing as my new job doesn't allow me to spend endless hours at a computer (avoiding my actual job). Anyway, on to #17

When I first heard of this album the term 'progressive thrash' was being thrown around. It was pretty much enough to make me want to check it out (along with all the good reviews it was getting). As my gateway into metal was Metallica, followed by all their thrash peers, thrash has always held a special place in my heart. I don't really listen to any new thrash music at all nowadays but a good portion of my all time favourite albums are thrash albums  :metal

Terminal Redux was a really nice suprise. It is thrashy as hell with lots of super fast riffing but does manage to be the most progressive thrash album I've ever heard. They go down the route of thrash that is sometimes bordering on death metal (sounding like Death, the band, at times) and it just works so well. They really mix it up for a thrash album, including some clean vocals and backing vocals that sound like a choir are accompanying them. There's basically a power ballad on here as well (Collapse). This album is also a sci-fi concept album but I must admit I've not checked out the lyrics or tried to get to grips with the story.

I think it's safe to say Vektor are taking some influence from prog/thrashers Voivod (even there logo is pretty much a rip off), which is no bad thing. The two somgs bookending this album (Charging the Void and Recharging the Void) are really great examples of what to expect from this beast. The latter is probably my favourite song on the album, clocking in at over 13 minutes it's the perfect climax to this sci-fi, thrash, concept mash up. 

Basically if you like death tinged thrash, technical guitar work and sci-fi then you can't really go wrong with this.

Favourite songs: Charging the Void, Collapse, Recharging the Void

If my day continues to be as quiet as it has been so far then I'll try and post the next few albums today as well.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
i liked this one but i don't really go back and revisit it much either.

also lol 3 month bump  :corn

Offline Tomislav95

Oh I didn't comment anything original on FW: it should be 17 places lower :azn:
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline twosuitsluke

also lol 3 month bump  :corn

Yea, work has been crazy busy!

Oh I didn't comment anything original on FW: it should be 17 places lower :azn:

Hmmmmm....

Last year was too good! I do really like ToF a lot, not that it's made me check out any earlier FW albums though so maybe not :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #16 going all in...
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

NOFX - First Ditch Effort

Time for some punk rock all up in this mother...

So NOFX are probably my favourite punk rock band of all time, I'm stating that for all to hear. They have this great blend of catchiness, talented/barely adequate band members, songs about weird shit and a punk rock attitude that has not faultered in 35 years  :metal

So yea, they started in '82 and to be honest they really sucked until the early 90's. By that point they had hired El Hefe (who plays lead guitar, trumpet and is a master of impressions) and he was far and away the only really talented musician in the band at that point. Since then they have had the same line up and have honestly gone from strength to strength. They have released 11 studio albums since Hefe joined (this one being #11) and although they have had some misses during those years they have also comeback and released really strong albums late in their career. This is certainly one of them. In 2006 they released Wolves in Wolves Clothing, which is my fave album of theirs by quite a long way, but the two albums that followed weren't that great (but still good enough). I've always had faith in them though because they have always managed to stay relevant in the the American punk rock scene. This album was a heroic return and reminded me why they are my favourite punk band.

NOFX have a knack for writing songs that aren't really about anything, like an anecdote that isn't even really worth telling, but it still works. Most people would probably find these songs quite stupid but I honestly love it. Lead singer Fat Mike has also quit drinking and drugs in recent years and there are quite a few songs about how that has effected him, in a refreshingly frank way. Another thing he likes to be open and honest about is his love for BDSM and cross dressing  :lol again, it will not be most people's cup of tea but I love them for it. Other than Cramx3 I would be surprised to find many fans of this album in these parts.

First Ditch Effort is kind of exactly what I wanted and needed from NOFX at this point in their career. It feels just like a NOFX record yet still feels fresh. It has songs about how fucked the political climate is, quitting drugs, social commentaries, odes to dead friends and stories about fictional down and outs. I don't know what it is about NOFX songs but I just love to sing along to them. Lets be clear, NOFX are a punk band who aren't concerned with a record sounding perfect. This is rough around the edges and sounds like it was all recorded in one take (which was how they recorded one of their albums in the past  :lol) which translates to how their live shows are.

Here's to you NOFX, never change or grow up, I love you how you are.

Favourite songs: Six Years On Dope, I'm A Transvest-lite, I'm So Sorry Tony

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #15 is self-referential...
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2017, 04:27:07 PM »

Thy Catafalque - Meta

So I'm going to try and round this thread up as I haven't been able to keep with posting frequently (at all  :lol)

I'm pretty sure I saw this album somewhere on facebook (either a review or a link to it streaming) and a friend had commented on it so I thought I'd take a punt. I may have also heard the name mentioned on here prior to listening. Either way, this album left a great first impression. I guess you could call this band/album post-black metal? I'm not even a particularly big fan of black metal but this has just the right amount BM mixed in with beautiful vocals and soundscapes. I'm not going to go into too much detail on this thread as I'm attempting to wraqp things up but this is the sort of album that deserves to be listened to as an album. I don't even particularly have a favourite song, I just listen to this as a whole piece, every single time (and everytime I love it a little more). Just give it a go.

It's a testament to how much good music came out last year that an album this good is only number #15!!!

Favourite song: Malmok Jarnak
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:47:03 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #16 is going all in...
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »
Not my favorite Thy Catafalque but it's solid regardless. The epic is a bit weak tho imo

Also nice bump  :lol

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #16 is going all in...
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2017, 04:45:23 PM »
Not my favorite Thy Catafalque but it's solid regardless. The epic is a bit weak tho imo

Also nice bump  :lol

It's easily my favourite but after listening to Sgurr once I think that might be my #2.

Yea, I meant to try and finish this in the first half of the year but life got in the way. I might just post the next few albums tonight, basically saying "This is great, get it."

Stay tuned for short write ups folks  :corn :corn :corn

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #14 is a change of season...
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2017, 05:04:03 PM »

Oceans of Slumber - Winter

I first heard of this band via Ne Obliviscaris's FB page. They had announced a UK tour (which I ended up going to  :metal) and Oceans of Slumber were supporting. They had linked the video for the song 'Winter'. Now before I go any further I'd just like to say that this song is probably top 5 songs of the year, it's just amazing in so many ways. I was blown away from the first listen by the contrast of the sultry tones of the female vocalist and the harsh vocals of the male vocals. It just works on so many levels for me. The song also has some amazing drumming on it. If I urge you guys to click on one song link in this thread, this is the one. You (hopefuly) won't regret it!

The rest of the album is solid but nothing, for me, quite hits the highs of the title track. There is a nice cover of 'Nights in White Satin' here which I dig. I'm looking forward to what these guys do next as they have just announced a new album for early next year. One final thing, when I saw these guys tour with Ne Obliviscaris they totally blew them out of the water. Their live show was great. The female vocalist (can't remeber her name) just oozes sex appeal and everyone at the show was completely mesmerised by her. Stunning show. The two friends I took along became instant fans  :lol

Favourite song: Winter (obviously)

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #13 is traced in air...
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2017, 05:27:17 PM »

Astronoid - Air

So here it is, the award for the worst album art of the year  :lol  I've said this before but I still can't quite understand why they went with this, it's just hideous as far as I'm concerned. Luckily though, you can't always judge a book by it's cover. I think I discovered this album via 'Heavy Blog is Heavy'. It sounded cool from the review and maybe something I'd dig. This album doesn't really sound like anything else that I listen to, mainly because of the vocal style. It's not really what I expected but I think it works so well with this sort of music. This is another album where the phrase 'The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts' is relevant. It is best appreciated when listened to as a whole experience, in my opinion.

I'm not sure how much staying power this will have over the years but I've enjoyed this album a lot over the last year. I've chosen Up and Atom as my favourite song. I know that out of the other guys here at DTF,who have heard this album, I'm in the minority of thinking this song is the best on the album. If anyone else wants to go ahead and link their fave then please go ahead.

Favourite song: Up and Atom
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:52:15 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #13 is traced in air...
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »
Three in a row I know, nice
Winter has some good tracks but a bit too much filler
Air is solid but a bit samey at points

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #12 seated underwater...
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2017, 06:05:53 PM »

Mandroid Echostar - Coral Throne

It was definitely someone on this forum that turned me onto these guys, possibly Train of Naught. The best way to describe this band is Coheed and Cambria (mainly kinda because of the vocals) meets Avenged Sevenfold. Being fans of both I thougt I'd give them a spin. This is a fun album and has plenty of cool, high energy tunes. They may not keep me coming back a few years down the line but this is chock full of killer riffs, solos and vocal hooks. This is the sort of thing I would have completely adored like 10 years ago. I can still appreciate it now and it gets me air guitaring along to most of the songs. Basically if you enjoy either of the previously mentioned bands then give this a listen. I hope they can follow this up with something equally as fun as I want more.

Favourite song: Hypnos
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:20:10 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #11 is looking bleak...
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

Megadeth - Dystopia

Guess I'll keep this thing moving with the latest Medadave album   :metal

What a return to form. I've been a Megadeth fan for pretty much all of my time as fan of heavy music. I still consider Rust in Peace to be a 'top 5 of all time' album. After my initial obsession with Metallica, which started my love of metal, my older brother turned me onto this great band (along with Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura and Danzig). Megadeth have one of the strongest back catalogues of any metal band as far as I'm concerned, even though they've had their fair share of duds. I always loved United Abominations and Endgame, which are really strong albums, for any band at that stage in their career. Unfortunately I didn't like Th1rt3en, at all, which kind of worried me about where Mustaine would go next. I still haven't even checked out Super Collider but I remember it getting terrible reviews so I just wasn't really interested.

Unsurprisingly I didn't have high hopes for Dystopia and wasn't even planning on checking it out. Luckily I checked out a review via Facebook before this dropped and it sounded positive. There were good things being said and I'd read an interview with Chris Adler (of Lamb of God fame), who played drums on this record, saying how he was exlaining to Mustaine what his view of a great Megadeth album should sound like, and that Mustaine listened to him. Add into the mix that Kiko Loureiro (Angra) played guitar on this and I was very interested. This album does not disappoint for me, like at all. It's not necessarily something new and some of the songs sound similar to older songs but it just sounds exactly like the sort of Megadeth album I wanted to hear. It just has that feel and I love it. Most of you will know Megadeth and I'm hoping a lot of you were also pleasantly surprised by how good this is. It pissed all over Hardwired as well  :lol (gotta get some Metallica vs. Megadeth in here)

Favourite songs: The Threat is Real, Dystopia
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:37:27 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #10 is just kinda odd...
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:01 AM »

Odd Logic - Penny For Your Thoughts

I 100% discovered this through DTF. Jammin' dude had posted in the Odd Logic thread saying that the album was a 'name your price' deal on Bandcamp. I was a bit unsure at first, due to the album art (which is a bit cringe) but I enjoyed the first listen. It's not breaking any prog metal molds but I dig their sound and like Sean's vocals. There is a pretty in depth concept behind this album which is cool (although a little confusing). I think this band are criminally underrated and deserve more recognition than they get. My favourite song is 'Lighthouses', which I think of as a 'The Spirit Carries On' circa 2016. This band is a hard working one too as they followed up with an equally great album this year as well, which will likely crack my top 10 of the year. I'm pretty sure this is still a free download on their Bandcamp so you really have nothing to lose. Give it a shot, you might just discover something you like.

Favourite song: Lighthouses

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #9 is cold...
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »

Ihsahn - Arktis

I can't remember exactly when I heard my first Ihsahn solo album  but it was likely sometime in the last 4 years or so. I've been aware of Emperor for years but was never really much of a fan of their work, I think what got me interested in Ihsahn's solo work was that I heard it was a kind of progressive death metal that had saxophones. This certainly intrigued me. I know I started with After and angL first. Although I kind of dig both of those albums I prefer Arktis way more. Arktis is probably Ihsahn's most accessible album to date and I think it was a great move personally. There are some traditional heavy metal style riffs (Until I Too Dissolve) in here, some electronica and some great guest vocals from Einar Solberg (Leprous), Matt Heafy (Trivium) and Jorgen Munkeby (Shining). Einar is particularly great on the two tracks he sings on. For those who may not know, Leprous were Ishahn's live band for a number of years.

Anyway, this album was a really nice surprise last year and one that I like to come back to quite frequently.

Favourite song: Celestial Violence
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:52:51 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #8 is peacock dreams...
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2017, 01:34:22 AM »

Opeth - Sorceress

I have been in love with Opeth since I discovered them back in '05, when Ghost Reveries was released. I still remember hearing Ghost of Perdition and being in complete awe! They are a band that my love has waxed and waned for, over the years. I was obsessed with GR (still think it's their best album), loved Blackwater Park and Still Life as I started to work my way backwards and adored Watershed when it dropped. To say I was disappointed with Heritage would be an understatement though. I know they wanted to go in a new direction, and I've come to appreciate that, but I just think Heritage is the weakest of their last three albums. Pale Communion was a lot better in my opinion and I was quite optimistic.

When they started to release teasers for Sorceress, they previewed the heavy riff from the beginning of the title track. I mean, that got me pretty excited. I wasn't naive enough to think this was going to be a full on metal album but I was looking forward to the prospect of some heavy riffs. I really like this album and although it doesn't come anywhere near to there pre-Heritage albums, it's still damn good. I think this is easily my favourite of the last trilogy of albums, with PC in a close second place. I'mactually seeing Opeth for the first time, in like 9 years, on about 4 weeks. I'm eager to see what sort of set they play and am looking forward to hearing a few from this album.

There is something about this whole package (the artwork, the sound, the song titles) that I just really dig. Maybe it's just come at a time when I was starting to have an Opeth phase again, who knows. #8 is pretty good considering how strong 2016 was. Here's hoping they continue this trend and release an even better album next.

Favourite songs: Sorceress, Strange Brew, Era
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:01:51 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #7 is taking centre stage...
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »
I suppose I should try and finish this before the end of the year  :lol

Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage

So this was a nice surprise. I really didn't like A7X's last album (you know, the Black Album rip off) and had lost faith in ever really liking this bands new output again. This was a nice return to form, for me at least anyway. It dropped (as they had planned) with no real prior warning and little media hype. I've been a fan of this band since they released City of Evil, back in '05 (that really was the greatest year in metal) and have basically been consistently more disappointed with each album until The Stage broke the trend. This just everything I loved about some of their earlier albums and less of what I disliked. The album is pretty damn consistent but it is the two 'bookends' of the album that I love the most. The Stage (the song) is pretty cool but it's Exist that I find myself wanting to come back to. I love long songs like this that have spoken word bits over them, if they are done right. The fact that all the spoken word stuff is just basically just identifying how insignificant (as a planet) we really are and how unfathomably vast the universe is right up my alley. Here's the spoken word part:

[Neil DeGrasse Tyson:]
We have one collective hope: The Earth.
And yet uncounted people remain hopeless.
Famine and calamity abound.
Sufferers hurl themselves into the arms of war.
People kill and get killed in the name of someone else's concept of God.
Dare we admit that our thoughts and behaviors spring from a belief that the world revolves around us?
Each fabricated conflict, self murdering bomb, vanished airplane,
Every fictionalized dictator, biased partisan and wayward son
Are part of the curtains of society's racial, ethnic, religious, national and cultural conflicts?
And you find the human ego turning the knobs and pulling the levers.
When I track the orbits of asteroids, comets, and planets,
Each one a pirouetting dancer in a cosmic ballet, choreographed by the forces of gravity,
I see beyond the plight of humans. I see a universe ever expanding
With its galaxies embedded within the ever-stretching, four-dimensional fabric of space and time.
However big our world is — in our hearts, our minds, in our out-sized atlases?
The universe is even bigger.
There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on the world's beaches.
More stars in the universe than seconds of time that have passed since Earth formed.
More stars than words and sounds ever uttered by all humans who have ever lived.
The day we cease exploration of the cosmos is the day we threaten the continuance of our species.
In that bleak world, arms-bearing, resource-hungry people and nations
Would be prone to act on their low contracted prejudices,
And would have seen the last gasp of human enlightenment —
Until the rise of a visionary new culture once again embraces the cosmic perspective;
A perspective in which we are one, fitting neither above, nor below, but within.

Yep, great album.

Favourite songs: The Stage, Exist

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: #6 is bubbling under...
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »

Gojira - Magma

I could never say that I was big fan of Gojira. I first heard the song The Heaviest Matter of the Universe back in like '09 or something. I thought it was ok so gave the album a go. That too was ok, so I got the follow up album. Although I liked both albums to some degree they both felt too monotonous and relentless. I love me some heavy music but I suppose Gojira have always fallen into the same category as Meshuggah (until I heard this album). Magma was a game changer for me with this band as it was the first album I really enjoyed and wanted to listen to more and more. Gojira have changed up their style a bit on this album and I think it really pays off. There is more melody, there are more clean vocals and the album just takes a less brutal approach. I like this style of their music more. I listen to plenty of metal where I can't make out the lyrics and I've stated many times that my ear isn't often drawn to vocals anyway. However, Gojira sing about things close to my heart, saving the planet, conservation, recycling etc. I love that I can actually make out more of what they are singing about this time around. Love it. Long live these French metal hippies  :hat

Favourite songs: Silvera, Stranded
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:12:38 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
Such dedication.. posting all of those updates with barely getting any responses...

I loved Magma. Fantastic record, I believe it made my top 10 as well last year.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
Such dedication.. posting all of those updates with barely getting any responses...

Heyyyyyyyy

So yeah, at this point I'm completing this because of my own OCD around finishing it  :lol

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
I'm reading, just not replying...
Magma was fine and it's still getting better with every listen.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
i've forgotten most of 2016 at this point & also didn't get any of the last few albums so i have nothing to say
i feel like 2017 was a better year for metal in general, most of the 2016 stuff i got last year hasn't really stuck with me much but a lot of stuff this year has been pretty damn good

Offline twosuitsluke

Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: All done...
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2018, 01:30:11 AM »
Just going to finish this off now and put my top 5 in. This took way too long anyway and none of these will come as much of a surprise:

Thank You, Scientist - Stranger Heads Prevail

Blink 182 - California

Devin Townsend - Transcendence

Haken - Affinity

The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns With the Devil in Confessional

Boom, all done.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Twosuitsluke's Top 30 albums of 2016: all done...
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2018, 01:32:53 AM »
2016 is finally over! we can all move on with our lives!!!!

2017 when

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2018, 01:36:03 AM »
2016 is finally over! we can all move on with our lives!!!!

Yea, I started this when I had way more time on my hands  :lol it took forever!

2017 when

1. Mastodon - Emperor of Sand
2. Leprous - Malina
3. Pain of Salvation - In the Passing Light of Day
4. Artificial Language - The Observer
5. Steven Wilson - To the Bone
6. The Dear Hunter - All is as All Should Be
7. The Hirsch Effekt - Eskapist
8. Odd Logic - Effigy
9. Trivium - The Sin and the Sentence
10. Caligula's Horse - In Contact

11. Soen – Lykaia
12. The Flatliners - Inviting Light
13. Persefone - Aathma
14. Adimiron - Et Liber Eris
15. Mastodon - Cold Dark Place
16. Enslaved – E
17. Set and Setting - Reflectionless
18. The Great Discord - The Rabbit Hole
19. Eidola - To Speak, To Listen
20. Stone Sour - Hydrograd

21. Anathema - The Optimist
22. James McAllister etc - Planetarium
23. Vangough - Warpaint
24. Arcane Roots - Melancholia Hymns
25. The King Blues - The Gospel Truth
26. Distant Worlds – IV
27. Ne Obliviscaris - Urn
28. Solstafir - Berdreyminn
29. Igorrr - Savage Sinusoid
30. Elder - Reflections From a Floating World
31. Pallbearer – Heartless
32. Xanthochroid - Of Erthe and Axen: Act II
33. Xanthochroid - Of Erthe and Axen: Act I
34. Kepler Ten - Delta V
35. Sons of Apollo - Psychotic Symphony
36. The Ongoing Concept - Places
37. Disperse – Foreword
38. Converge – The Dusk In Us All
39. Sikth - The Future in Whose Eyes?
40. Bent Knee - Land Animal
41. Brand New - Science Fiction
42. Progenie Terrestre Pura - OltreLuna
43. Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
44. And So I Watch You From Afar - The Endless Shimmering
45. The Contortionist - Clairvoyant
46. Junius - Eternal Rituals
47. Ulver - The Assassination of Julius Caesar
48. The Faceless - In Becoming a Ghost
49. Rise Against - Wolves
50. David Maxim Micic - Who Bit the Moon
51. Adrift for Days - A Sleepless Grey
52. Cyhra - Letters to Myself
53. The Earth and I - The Candleman
54. VUUR - In This Moment We Are Free - Cities
55. Diablo Swing Orchestra - Pacifisticuffs
56. Arcadea – Arcadea
57. Crippled Black Phoenix – Horrific Honorifics
58. Me and That Man - Songs of Love and Death
59. Nova Collective - The Further Side
60. Bell Witch - Mirror Reaper
61. Paradise Lost - Medusa
62. Circa Survive - The Amulet
63. Ayreon - The Source
64. Rancid - Trouble Maker
65. Power Trip - Nightmare Logic

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2018, 01:38:04 AM »
wow that was quick happy 2018 everyone!!!

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2018, 01:40:11 AM »
Yea, I'm done ranking stuff  :lol

So far 2018 is looking easy, there's hardly anything coming out that I'm looking forward to  :corn