Author Topic: I haven't gone a day without getting a scam/nuisance call in two months. Help me  (Read 928 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
I'm fucking done with this shit. I also tried using the Should I Answer app which was a fucking debacle in itself. Who do I report this shit to? Also, I'd rather not use call block apps but rather compile these numbers, team up with other victims of this horseshit, and see about taking these fuckers down. Surely there must be a way for telecommunications agencies to track this shit and find out who's behind it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I get anywhere from 2-8 a day. All come from different states and different numbers, and are all the same exact thing no matter how many times I request to have my number removed, or no matter how many times I block it

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Me too!

And it just started a couple months ago, despite having the same number for years. I just google the number as soon as I see it and then block the number if its a spammer. After dealing with way too many, I stopped answering numbers I don't recognize, and just look for a voice message if its someone that actually needs to talk to me.

Its all still really annoying though.

Offline mikeyd23

And it just started a couple months ago, despite having the same number for years. I just google the number as soon as I see it and then block the number if its a spammer. After dealing with way too many, I stopped answering numbers I don't recognize, and just look for a voice message if its someone that actually needs to talk to me.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much my approach to phone calls as well.

• DT.net Member
I thought it was just because I naively gave some personal info to stores I shopped at recently but maybe there is some weirdly aggressive wave of horseshit that recently started.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Josh, have to gone to the No Call government website and register your #?  That would stop the calls.  I do it yearly.

https://www.donotcall.gov/
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
I have Google Fi, and it actually says "Suspected spam call" on the screen, which is awesome.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I have Google Fi, and it actually says "Suspected spam call" on the screen, which is awesome.

Does it also tell you when your cell battery is nearly depleted?

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
If I suspect an incoming call is said nuisance, I ready some loud music, usually The Contortionist, old school Opeth or BTBAM, and upon picking up if my suspicions are confirmed I ruin their earholes (or at least fuck up the recording and blast the robot) with beautiful music that is way, way too loud. I've done this tens of times over the past few months.

This month, I haven't received a single call that was a solicitor, troll fucker or otherwise. (I also just realized that the words "troll fucker" implies that they fuck trolls when in fact I am calling them a fucker who is also a troll but will leave that because it's also a nice insult if we were in Middle Earth)

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

• DT.net Member
Josh, have to gone to the No Call government website and register your #?  That would stop the calls.  I do it yearly.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

It says my number's been registered since 5 years before I even got it. Fuck me. There is no hope.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Speaking of annoying phone calls, this one is pretty damn annoying.

The university that I go to for graduate school is the same university that I graduated undergrad from with a bachelors. Basically, even though I still attend this university as a student, I am classified also as an alumni, and because of this once every few weeks I get a phone call from the "alumni association" begging for cash

At this point I kindly remind them that I am currently giving them $30,000 a year for graduate school and to take a walk

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
You can still re-register.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC