Author Topic: Celldweller  (Read 895 times)

Offline AboutToCrash

Celldweller
« on: March 08, 2017, 03:08:42 AM »
I recently found a guy called Klayton who has a project called Celldweller... he was a suggested artist from another band I was listening to... I am instantly hooked! It's odd because I'm not usually into that type of music, anyone here listened to this project? Just played through the End of an Empire album now moving on to Blackstar... it's really great because it's opened me up to an entirely new genre I'd never touch otherwise!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Celldweller
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 04:17:02 AM »
I'm a big fan of the vocal stuff (Blackstar, End of an Empire) but I find the instrumental albums (Transmissions, Voices in My Head) very hit-or-miss. Still, at his best he does amazing things.

I also like Klayton's recent side projects. Scandroid goes in a retro-synthwave direction, and then the more industrial Circle of Dust revival (although personally I only dig the latest album and not the 90's stuff). Both are worth checking out for any Celldweller fan in my opinion. :tup

Offline AboutToCrash

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 04:44:09 AM »
So is Scandroid also Klayton? because on the Celldweller song Breakout it said (Feat. Scandroid)? I'll have to check that out.. Had no idea he had instrumental albums too, that could be pretty cool. Is Circle of Dust also just Klayton or another band? because again it said on Jericho (Circle of dust)? That's confusing

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:33:19 AM »
So is Scandroid also Klayton? because on the Celldweller song Breakout it said (Feat. Scandroid)? I'll have to check that out.. Had no idea he had instrumental albums too, that could be pretty cool. Is Circle of Dust also just Klayton or another band? because again it said on Jericho (Circle of dust)? That's confusing
Scandroid was two people to start with but the second left years before the album was recorded/released. They have credits on two of the songs, but it's basically 99% Klayton, I can't even hear the influence from another person in those songs at all. There's a cover of Shout on the album aswell, obviously not written by him. :P

Circle of Dust was Klayton's band during the 90's before he started Celldweller, but he revived the project last year on his own. The old albums are more collaborative (though he was the main driving force), but the new one is 100% Klayton.

Regarding featuring his projects with one another, I think it's just to link them all together of sorts and to have references to his other projects in each. He's essentially just featuring himself. :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
Klayton has all of his albums/bands/projects available here

https://groupees.com/vip2

Offline AboutToCrash

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 10:29:15 AM »
Scandroid was two people to start with but the second left years before the album was recorded/released. They have credits on two of the songs, but it's basically 99% Klayton, I can't even hear the influence from another person in those songs at all. There's a cover of Shout on the album aswell, obviously not written by him. :P

Circle of Dust was Klayton's band during the 90's before he started Celldweller, but he revived the project last year on his own. The old albums are more collaborative (though he was the main driving force), but the new one is 100% Klayton.

Regarding featuring his projects with one another, I think it's just to link them all together of sorts and to have references to his other projects in each. He's essentially just featuring himself. :lol

I've just checked out Scandroid and I have to admit I'm a big fan again. He does a fantastic job having various solo projects yet sounding like a different artist on them. Eden is probably my favourite... Still love End of an Empire, the album flows so well especially with the faction interludes