Author Topic: Mike Portnoy's "Prog Metal" supergroup: Sons of Apollo  (Read 305481 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Mike Portnoy Progressive Metal Supergroup
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 07:53:18 AM »

Mike wrote this on his message board:
"There's a reason I post WHAT I post WHEN I post it...
Don't you think if I wanted the guitar player announced, I would've done it???
I appreciate your enthusiasm here, but please respect my wishes to only disclose certain things when *I* want that info disclosed and announced

How on Earth can that be misunderstood or misinterpreted in any way...it would seem pretty obvious to me
"

Wow. Just Wow.

I also like how the thread title iS Mike Portnoy PMS. Suits the drama well. :lol
:rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 08:43:43 AM »
There we go again.  :rollin

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »
This is my favorite Ron Thal (Bumblefoot) piece. I could easily imagine this being played in Derek and Mike's style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOPylHYQps

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »

I appreciate your enthusiasm here, but please respect my wishes to only disclose certain things when *I* want that info disclosed and announced

How on Earth can that be misunderstood or misinterpreted in any way...it would seem pretty obvious to me
"

Wow. Just Wow.

STOP YELLING LIKE THAT MIKE! Joking aside, it's nobody's fault but the guy who posted the pic there! Do you think MP will be serving us Never Enough part 2 with his new supergroup?  :biggrin:

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2017, 12:22:25 PM »
I get his point but he could have really realized the blame was on his own bandmates and not for fans breaking in into the studio to see what was going on. He could have said "I know you guys are the best detectives in the internet and that there are rumors out there, but you know I have a master plan on revealing things when I know will be the most exciting, and not everybody is analyzing Twitter posts and photos like they work in CSI, so please,  keep the surprise for those who aren't actively looking for any minute detail and bear with me, trust me, it will be worth it!"
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2017, 12:24:52 PM »
I get his point but he could have really realized the blame was on his own bandmates and not for fans breaking in into the studio to see what was going on. He could have said "I know you guys are the best detectives in the internet and that there are rumors out there, but you know I have a master plan on revealing things when I know will be the most exciting, and not everybody is analyzing Twitter posts and photos like they work in CSI, so please,  keep the surprise for those who aren't actively looking for any minute detail and bear with me, trust me, it will be worth it!"

Yeah, I guess it would have been more reasonable.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »
Portnoy over-react ?

This is brand new information !

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
 :lol

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »
This is already way more entertaining than I could have hoped for :rollin

MP, we missed you.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2017, 02:18:36 PM »
Jesus. :lol

The only person he should be upset with is the person who posted the video that, you know, included Bumblefoot.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
Jesus. :lol

The only person he should be upset with is the person who posted the video that, you know, included Bumblefoot.

BUMBLEFOOT?

Is he in this band?

:neverusethis:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
Bumblefoot MAY be in THIS band but *I* won't let YOU know until *I* decide THE time is RIGHT !!!

:         )

was ChaosSystem MP all along ?

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »

You never know...

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2017, 03:44:08 PM »
No more teasing until the summer... I wonder if he can get everyone involved to stop posting on social media

Deleting posts on his own board must be the least effective way of stopping leaks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2017, 05:21:17 PM »

You never know...

Whatever happened to him btw?
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »
Speaking about deleting posts, yesterday night I replied Mike's tweet of him and DS in the studio (this one: https://twitter.com/MikePortnoy/status/840655819557367808) saying: @MikePortnoy @DerekSherinian Don't forget to tag @Bumblefoot   ;) "

I went to sleep after that, since it was late here where I live. Well... woke up in the morning today and, guess what? Found MP had sent me a DM saying:
"Don't make me block you...
We have NOT announced our guitar player".

I'm not making this out, I took an screenshot and still have the message with me. If i ever figure out how to attach the shot here I'll post it, or I can mail it to anyone if you want  :P

He didn't block me, and was "kind enough" to warn me first, so I deleted the tweet. Still, like some people have said in earlier posts, that's not the best way to manage the leaks. Just tell the people next to you to stop filming posting stuff online and that's it! Isn't even that difficult, Mike. I guess his "same level of control as I had in DT" means he gets to decide how the other guys use their social media accounts?  :huh:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
Whatever happened to him btw?

He got banned I think. If I remember correctly, he started getting really confrontational towards the end.

Sorry... towards THE end

Also, gzarruk. I hope you find a way to post that screenshot. That sounds hilarious. I don't know how I'd react and that your tweet was "block worthy"  :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
Maybe Bumblefoot isn't in the band yet?

Maybe Mike and Derek are jamming with multiple guys to see who works out. That would be the only way I can see why MP would get so angry at the info coming out.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2017, 05:38:50 PM »
But it's not even something to get angry about. If it's not Bumblefoot, just say: "Nice try, but keep guessing" Not get pissed off and block people and delete comments and such
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
I can understand why he is upset. But, he should know how his fans are.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Adami

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »
But it's not even something to get angry about. If it's not Bumblefoot, just say: "Nice try, but keep guessing" Not get pissed off and block people and delete comments and such

I also heard that he just got brand new floors.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2017, 05:58:05 PM »
It's just a control thing. He had a specific release schedule in mind, and that's all out the window now.

Online Adami

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
It's just a control thing. He had a specific release schedule in mind, and that's all out the window now.

But Bumblefoot already released a press statement!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2017, 06:19:23 PM »
Also, gzarruk. I hope you find a way to post that screenshot. That sounds hilarious. I don't know how I'd react and that your tweet was "block worthy"  :lol

Well, I said something like "Sorry Mike, will delete the tweet now". But yeah, that was interesting  :lol

Since I don't really know how to attach pics here, I uploaded it to my dropbox so you can see it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q61ullvniexuvsp/MP%20Tweet.jpg?dl=0
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2017, 06:46:37 PM »
Right after I identified Bumblefoot I tweeted the pic to him Mike, and Derek but I deleted it not long after because I felt like Mike would call me out on it and I'd face the wrath of his rabid fanbase.
Bumblefoot actually followed me on Twitter after I posted it.

I hope we didn't get Derek's keyboard tech fired :mehlin

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2017, 06:55:37 PM »

"

So, doesn't look like the leaks are intentional.  Not the best way to handle that sort of thing.  Then again, if you're gonna hype this thing, why not just tell us who is in the band?  Or just keep it secret you're even working on something. 

:lol Oh Mike

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 06:59:24 PM »
Right after I identified Bumblefoot I tweeted the pic to him Mike, and Derek but I deleted it not long after because I felt like Mike would call me out on it and I'd face the wrath of his rabid fanbase.
Bumblefoot actually followed me on Twitter after I posted it.

I hope we didn't get Derek's keyboard tech fired :mehlin

Maybe he went to the session with an ADTOE shirt?  :biggrin:

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017, 07:11:23 PM »
He still says *I*

All is still normal in the world
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2017, 07:41:42 PM »
It's almost surreal to see someone so proud of his interaction with fans continue to show such contempt for them.  It's like he has no respect for any fan who doesn't march to the beat of everything he says and does.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2017, 07:47:13 PM »
Quote from: author Mike Portnoy
Of course you can speculate and look for clues!! That's half the fun!
The posts that were deleted were sharing information that was not supposed to be shared or leaked.
(and they were deleted for a reason...so please do not try to re-post them!)

...and several people (you know who you are) were going around to several social medias posting certain things based on that as "confirmed news" which is NOT the case....

The only things that CAN be confirmed and announced so far are the few things I have posted on MY social media...anything else from anywhere else is just "rumor and speculation" so far...

I DO indeed enjoy the excitement and speculation...that is indeed why I post "teasers" in the first place.
But there is a method to my madness and a reason why only certain things have been announced so far!

On that note, my "Del Fulvio" post yesterday is the last teaser for a while...there will likely not be any further official announcements or info on this band until Summer time when we are ready to properly "unveil" it and setup the album's release...

So, please speculate all you want from the "official" information that I have posted so far... 

MP

Gzarruk, you know who you are!  :lol
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »
Quote from: author Mike Portnoy
Of course you can speculate and look for clues!! That's half the fun!
The posts that were deleted were sharing information that was not supposed to be shared or leaked.
(and they were deleted for a reason...so please do not try to re-post them!)

...and several people (you know who you are) were going around to several social medias posting certain things based on that as "confirmed news" which is NOT the case....

The only things that CAN be confirmed and announced so far are the few things I have posted on MY social media...anything else from anywhere else is just "rumor and speculation" so far...

I DO indeed enjoy the excitement and speculation...that is indeed why I post "teasers" in the first place.
But there is a method to my madness and a reason why only certain things have been announced so far!

On that note, my "Del Fulvio" post yesterday is the last teaser for a while...there will likely not be any further official announcements or info on this band until Summer time when we are ready to properly "unveil" it and setup the album's release...

So, please speculate all you want from the "official" information that I have posted so far... 

MP

Gzarruk, you know who you are!  :lol

Oh, man, I just posted a short tweet  :lol Mike's OCD about having everything done his way is messing up with him, big time.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
Oh god, just imagine what happens when Blabbermouth gets wind of this...

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2017, 08:17:57 PM »
Where did he post this? On his forum?

Oh god, just imagine what happens when Blabbermouth gets wind of this...

It's been a while since something like this happened with Mike, we should've seen it coming  :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »
Yeah, it's over on his forum.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen