Author Topic: Mike Portnoy Progressive Metal Supergroup  (Read 19356 times)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: Mike Portnoy Progressive Metal Supergroup
« Reply #665 on: July 05, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
I was the one who posted the info. By the end of the month, we should get some information. He said too that he would tour with that supergroup in 2018!
If I'm not mistaken, he confirmed to you also that it will be only one guitar player, right? Personally I was wondering if this band wouldn't have a second one. Cool information anyway, thanks!
"... one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online goo-goo

« Reply #666 on: July 05, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
I was the one who posted the info. By the end of the month, we should get some information. He said too that he would tour with that supergroup in 2018!
If I'm not mistaken, he confirmed to you also that it will be only one guitar player, right? Personally I was wondering if this band wouldn't have a second one. Cool information anyway, thanks!

They could still add a 2nd touring guitar player, like Fates Warning does with Mike Abdow.
"There's no way in hell that John Petrucci's gonna do something that sucks.  It just doesn't happen." - Jordan Rudess

Online Samsara

• Queensr˙che (original lineup) Archivist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #667 on: July 05, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »

They could still add a 2nd touring guitar player, like Fates Warning does with Mike Abdow.

They could, but Fates' situation is a little different. Frank has a full time job, which is why Mike does the touring. And because Frank can't commit (I saw his most recent performance with the band in Dec. 2013 -- he lives in the Bay Area), FW just considers themselves a four-piece. But I don't think it's by design, just by necessity.
This Samsära guy doesn't post too much, but he's pretty much always right.  :tup

Offline the keyboard wizard

• Your Majesty, Official French Fan Club
« Reply #668 on: July 06, 2017, 01:17:59 AM »
One singer, one guitar player and one bass player are yet to be announced. For the record, he didn't confirm to me, he confirmed it to a friend of mine who got the chance to get an aftershow pass (he is the former President of the French fan club and knows Mike well).
Admin and staff member of the French Fan Club : Your Majesty (the first fan club of Dream Theater)
Communications officer and translator for the fan club.

The gif is my daughter listening for the first time to: The Gift of Music. Rock on!