Author Topic: Soilwork Appreciation  (Read 13246 times)

Offline wolfking

Re: Soilwork Appreciation
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2016, 03:39:38 PM »
I think cause it was a 5 song 20 odd minute EP didn't help.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2016, 01:52:41 AM »
So Dirk leaves permanently for Megadeth!  :tdwn
There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.

/Ade Edmondson

Offline wolfking

« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2016, 05:20:57 AM »
So Dirk leaves permanently for Megadeth!  :tdwn

Yeah, that's shit.  I guess you have to go where the money is, so hopefully he can stay with them for a while.  Would be shit if he quits Soilwork only to last a year or so in Megadeth.

A blow for Soilwork too, but they have shown they can overcome these types of important lineup changes, so they will be fine.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:48 PM »
Man, just having a rediscovery of this band after being a bit tired of metal in general for a while.

The song Enter Dog of Pavlov just has to be their most awesome track, from front to back what a banger that is.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:43 PM »
Man, just having a rediscovery of this band after being a bit tired of metal in general for a while.

The song Enter Dog of Pavlov just has to be their most awesome track, from front to back what a banger that is.
Nice, that's a good one. Haven't actually heard TPB in ages.
There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.

/Ade Edmondson

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »

Nice, that's a good one. Haven't actually heard TPB in ages.

The album gets a bit samey in the middle, but it's a pleasure to listen to the production I think. What a step up from Sworn to a Great Divide it was in that department.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »

Saw your post, instantly clicked Spotify and went ahead and listened Night Comes Clean and The Akuma Afterglow. Love this Band!

Soilwork was my introduction to melodic death metal, and other extreme metal in general. And while the extreme metal phase left me, Soilwork and couple of other bands stayed with me!

I should also catch up with Soilwork, since i haven't listened to them in a little bit. Pretty excited about the new Soilwork music that is supposedly coming next year!

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »

Saw your post, instantly clicked Spotify and went ahead and listened Night Comes Clean and The Akuma Afterglow. Love this Band!

Soilwork was my introduction to melodic death metal, and other extreme metal in general. And while the extreme metal phase left me, Soilwork and couple of other bands stayed with me!

I should also catch up with Soilwork, since i haven't listened to them in a little bit. Pretty excited about the new Soilwork music that is supposedly coming next year!

That's awesome. :) I've listened to quite a lot of those styles as well, but nowadays I'm not such a fan of the typical 'overproduced' metal sound. Soilwork is one of the exceptions, even though an album like The Living Infinite has that typical sound. They're obviously good composers and vary quite a lot from album to album. Natural Born Chaos is another favorite of mine, possibly partly because of Devin Townsend's vocal production there. Black Star Deceiver is also such a good track (with guest vocals from Devin).