Poll

Pick One!

ACOS Should Get A Bye (TLF and Eve go to the Finals, STM goes to Consolation)
8 (32%)
ACOS Should NOT Get A Bye (ACOS still goes to Finals with TLF, Eve goes to Consolation)
17 (68%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: March 12, 2017, 07:27:35 PM

Author Topic: Dream Theater Survivor 2017 - COTC & Other B-Sides - Results Poll! PLS READ!!!  (Read 345 times)

Offline The Letter M

Cleaning Out The Closet & Other B-Sides
01. A Change Of Seasons
02. To Live Forever
03. Eve
04. Speak To Me
05. Raise The Knife
06. Don't Look Past Me
07. The Way It Used To Be
08. Cover My Eyes
09. Where Are You Now?
10. You Or Me
11. Raw Dog

Here are the final results, and while the current round is technically NOT over for another 5 hours from this posting, the results are pretty apparent (with ACOS only having received 1 vote at this time).

If it wasn't brought up as an idea, I would've kept the results as they are, but I want YOU GUYS to have your voices (har har) heard, so PLEASE vote in this! Even if you haven't voted in this survivor in awhile (as I've noticed that the numbers have gone from 40-ish to mid 30's), this is still an important poll option! I'll leave it up for 2 days, just so everyone can see it over the weekend.

Basically, in option 1, you think that "A Change Of Seasons" should have automatically advanced to the Finals (since it's not really a part of any album and even if it was, it would most certainly place first anyway). This leaves the typical first and second place songs that advance to the finals as "To Live Forever" and "Eve", and then following song "Speak To Me" would go to the Consolation Rounds.

In option 2, you think that "A Change Of Seasons" had it's fair chances against all of the other non-album tracks, and so only it and the actual 2nd place song "To Live Forever" should go into the Finals (just like every other survivor, save for The Astonishing). This means that "Eve", in third place, gets to go to the Consolation Rounds, and that would be the end of this survivor.

Anyways, I hope everyone that has participated in this survivor will read this and vote before it's closed! And as a reminder, starting tomorrow evening, the first round of The Majesty Demos will begin!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:40:46 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Serah Farron

• Lightning's baby sister~
  • WOOF WOOF.
I think ACOS should not receive a bye. As someone stated earlier, I don't think STM will win the consolations round and I don't see a point of it, BUT this is DTF and anything could happen so STM can reach the finals....

Offline CharlesPL

2nd option

Offline aprilethereal

Anything to save Speak To Me

Offline MirrorMask

Anything to save Speak To Me

As much as I would agree with this... I voted for not giving a bye to ACoS, it was (not with reason) grouped with the "other songs" so it must be fair game like anything else.

And also none of these other songs would survive much in the consolations / finals anyway.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

Second choice. Firstly, I like survivors following patterns and well established rules, and second of all... I'm not a huge fan of Speak to me. Had it been any other FII bonus song, maybe I would have voted differently.  :lol

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
I think ACOS should not receive a bye. As someone stated earlier, I don't think STM will win the consolations round and I don't see a point of it, BUT this is DTF and anything could happen so STM can reach the finals....

I don't think StM have any chances to defeat Take the Time, Voices, Fatal Tragedy or The Bigger Picture... And I'm not saying this guided by my own wish (which is seeing TDS and TSF reaching the finals instead), but by what I do believe is the general consensus.. No way for StM or Eve to win the Consolations while all those songs are there too..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
BUT this is DTF and anything could happen so STM can reach the finals....

No. It can't. This is DTF, and the same thing that's happened every time we've done this will happen. There are literally four songs, five tops, that have a genuine chance of winning this whole thing. It's like football's Premier League.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
second option