Poll

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE song!

A Change Of Seasons
1 (3.6%)
To Live Forever
27 (96.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: March 10, 2017, 11:05:43 PM

Author Topic: Dream Theater Survivor 2017 - Cleaning Out The Closet & Other B-Sides - FINAL!!!  (Read 399 times)

Offline The Letter M

Cleaning Out The Closet & Other B-Sides
A Change Of Seasons
To Live Forever

Round 9s Results:
A Change Of Seasons 2 (5.7%)
To Live Forever 16 (45.7%)
Eve 17 (48.6%)

03. Eve
04. Speak To Me
05. Raise The Knife
06. Don't Look Past Me
07. The Way It Used To Be
08. Cover My Eyes
09. Where Are You Now?
10. You Or Me
11. Raw Dog

By just ONE vote, "Eve" loses over "To Live Forever". Now after this round, as stated before, I'll post a poll basically asking if ACOS should get a bye or not (or whatever it's called that people were saying) - this would mean ACOS would go to the Finals automatically, meaning 2nd and 3rd place would advance to the finals, while 4th place would go to the Consolation, which makes the Consolation and Finals Survivors both one round longer each.

Or should ACOS count as one of the 2 that advance, meaning 3rd place goes to the Consolation, as every other survivor (mostly) has gone (using only the Top 3 as songs that advance). Think about your decisions regarding this and I will post that poll sometime tomorrow night or over the weekend.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
.........yea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Top 2 finals and #3 consolations seems the most fair to me

Even though Eve is lightyears ahead of TLF
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Mladen

To Live Forever

I wish one of the FII songs was in here.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
To live forever

Both songs are excellent

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
TLF is amazing but yeah...

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Rigged!

ACOS getting a bye would kind of make sense, because we all knew it would win here regardless, but it also defeats the purpose of a Survivor in a way.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
There's no point in ACOS getting a bye really. The extra song included in the Finals as a result won't be a serious contender to win the Survivor championship anyway.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Do I even have to say what I want to win?

Also, if ACoS gets a bye, then Octavarium should as well. So my answer is no. It's kind of like the Patriots: we all know they're gonna win the division, but that doesn't mean that second place should automatically make the playoffs as well.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline mikeyd23

To Live Forever

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Asking if a song should get a bye AFTER a survivor makes no sense. Before the whole survivor began, it should have been decided that ACOS A. Was entered in the "B Sides" survivor or B Received a bye straight to the finals.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
For something like this, it's a real problem that ACOS is not on an official studio album. It has to be placed in a tournament with songs that don't come anywhere near to it in quality. It's not even a challenge. I mean, imagine if ACOS was in the I&W tournament, the album it was originally intended to be released on? Now that would be interesting! Then the other B-sides would have a better shot at getting to the Finals, without this great behemoth of a song that they'd have no chance at beating in the way.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
lol poll

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
To Live Forever.

1. A Change of Seasons
2. Speak to Me
3. To Live Forever
4. Eve
5. Cover My Eyes
6. Raise the Knife
7. The Way it Used to Be
8. Raw Dog
9. Don't Look Past Me
10. Where Are You Now?

Offline CharlesPL

To Live Forever

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
For something like this, it's a real problem that ACOS is not on an official studio album. It has to be placed in a tournament with songs that don't come anywhere near to it in quality.

No way ACoS is better than RtN.. And, IMO, StM and Eve are barely a step behind it.. So that's a matter of tastes.. Not a matter of "quality"..

But I agree that there's no point in including the 4th song (Speak to Me) in the Consolations, because it'd be eliminated in the first rounds if not in the very first anyway..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
please include eve in the finals, it's great

Offline The Letter M

Looks like opinions are pretty divided regarding this matter. I agree, making this decision should've been done BEFORE this survivor began, but it never occurred to me. I do like the idea of putting b-sides with their album of origin, but that would skew results for IAW (because only one other song from the album proper would only make it to the Finals).

As planned, I'll still post a poll asking which set of results should get used for the Consolation and Finals rounds.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!