How many of you guys would keep your job (or something similar) if money wasn't a concern anymore?
People think I am weird because I come in to work early/ look forward to going to work, and actually, when people at my job start bitching about how much the place sucks, I pretend to go along with it just to fit in.
I like my job for a couple different reasons:
1. It has nothing to do with money/profits/profit margins. I just provide patient care.
2. Its challenging without being overwhelming, and I feel like I can use my mind to make things more efficient and it works.
3. The drama in the place is like a soap opera and I LOVE watching it. I don't get involved, but just sit back and enjoy the show.
4. Wearing pajamas (Scrubs) to work is incredible
5. The hours are all over the place. There is no such thing as (M-F) 9-5pm. Its like: work tuesday morning, off wednesday, work thursday evening, off friday, work on saturday off sunday. I feel so much better about my job when its scattered all over the place.
They money is sweet, but I would honestly do this job for free. It feels more like a hobby than a job.
The only other jobs I could see myself doing would be: Psychiatrist or homicide detective or just some detective of some sort. Maybe a snowboarding instructor as well.