I have a particular problem in the wintertime - a shocking problem, in fact. Any time I touch a metal surface I tend to get shocked. It was bad. Real bad. To the point I was afraid to touch anything. I don't know if there's something about what I wore or what, but it seemed to affect me more than others. There was one time that was particularly bad. This same switch always got me, so I got up from the chair and used my remote control to flip it up. The goddamn remote crackled and I saw a blue flash under the buttons. Scared the shit out of me.
UNTIL ONE DAY
Several years ago, Rumby mentioned in a thread comment that touching the surface with a key would cause the key to spark at the end, and the bearer of said key would not feel a thing. This changed my life. I could walk through life again, touching things with confidence.
Anyway, life pro-tip: If you get shocked, touch things with a key.
Brought to you by Rumborak, a true hero.