Author Topic: Images and Words vinyl question..  (Read 1465 times)

Offline TheRich13

Images and Words vinyl question..
« on: March 07, 2017, 08:52:08 PM »
Hey all ,
I'm sure i'll get the answer I'm looking for here , 'cause after all the research I did , I'm still unsure..
I'm interested in purchasing a copy of I&W on vinyl . It's just to frame and hang on my wall . It will not be played or even opened if I can get a sealed one ..I know there is a release from music on vinyl, and a release from enjoy the ride ,, I think there is a 2 album version and a single album version  , and then a black vinyl , a white vinyl and a Red/gold vinyl ...my main concern is the cover art ! I saw one where the colors look exactly like the cd (with light blue sky) and another where the artwork looks very dark and not like the cd ... I want the realistic looking one, but don't know which that is ...
Any help will be be appreciated!
Thanks !!
Rich
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Images and Words vinyl question..
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:14 AM »
The cover art is best on the first press. The newer ones are likely scans of that. With that said, Music on Vinyl do a far better job visually, so even if the colors are a bit different, those would be the best of the new versions visually. I would just get the black vinyl because the colors are more expensive and you'd also be taking one out of the hands of a collector somewhere for no reason!

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply ! So you're saying  The cover art on the music on vinyl release looks better then the artwork on the enjoy the ride release ?  I wonder how I would know if it was the first pressing...

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply ! So you're saying  The cover art on the music on vinyl release looks better then the artwork on the enjoy the ride release ?  I wonder how I would know if it was the first pressing...

From what I've seen, yes.

Discogs will tell you all you need to know. At this point, the prices alone should tell you which one you're buying.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
Thanks again ! I can't begin to tell you how much original vinyl I had back in the day ..Beatles , Kiss on Casablanca, Rush , to name a few.. probably had over 1000 albums in perfect condition..in clear plastic protectors... I babied them all , and when I moved from NY to FL I gave them all away ...had a huge Cd collection then and wasn't listening to the vinyl's anymore...man if I knew then that life would
Come full circle I'd be sitting on a fortune ,,,now I'm just looking for one of my favorite's to hang on a wall ..wow !

Offline TL

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:05:37 AM »
Having a few of both (Enjoy the Ride, Music On Vinyl), I've been pretty happy with both.
The general impressions I've heard around seem to suggest that the artwork sometimes looks a little bit better on Music On Vinyl releases, while the Enjoy the Ride releases sound a little better.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
I have the 2013 Music on Vinyl version and it looks alright, but is nothing special. I found it in a record store randomly and bought it, because I&W is my favourite album of all time. It's definitely not the best looking vinyl artwork in my collection.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »
The artwork reproduction of the Enjoy the Ride release is awful. The red and gold swirl isn't bad, though.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 05:42:53 PM »
Thanks !!
Still leery on which to try and get ...just seeing a little picture on eBay which is usually just an internet
image pic doesn't make it any easier. Wish I could just see them in a store and if I like it , I buy it ..

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
Sounds like you might be looking for the original album flat especially if you don't really want the album.