Author Topic: It's almost exactly been 10 years since ViolentGreen posted his last post...  (Read 1319 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
March 2007 was his last post. Somehow he just popped into my head, and I looked up his profile.

Let's remember this stellar member of DTF.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:32:12 AM by Kotowboy »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Unfortunately he really didn't like me, but he seemed like a damn smart individual and I enjoyed debating him.

RIP dude.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I honestly don't remember him, but yes, very sad such a young person would pass.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
RIP, Mark.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
I remember when I first saw the thread about his death. At first, I briefly thought it was some elaborate attempt at a twisted joke.

RIP VG
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
^ Same.  I wasn't a regular poster back then, but I do remember him.

:sadpanda:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
I remember being linked ot the article when he passed. He was very intelligent dude who, despite his tendency to engage in many a heated argument on the board, had a very big heart. I didn't have as much close interaction with him as others did, but he was always around when I was and he brings back memories of a totally different but very cool bit of time. He is missed, and was a very good dude.

RIP Mark.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
ViolentGreen was one of the first close relationships I made in the DTF fan community.  I was pretty devastated when I first heard about his death.  I still miss him.

RIP Mark

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Unfortunately he really didn't like me, but he seemed like a damn smart individual and I enjoyed debating him.

RIP dude.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Robert Fripp, April 30, 2006:

"Paradise – Paradise Lost – Paradise Regained.

Paradise is our natural condition. This is the good news.
Our condition is unnatural. This is the bad news.

Love cannot bear that even one soul be denied its place in paradise. This is even better news.
But, we cannot bear love. This is terrible news.

Paradise is always available. This is more good news.
But, we are not always available to paradise. This is more bad news.

Firstly, we are in paradise.
Secondly, we fall from paradise.
Thirdly, we recognise that we have fallen from paradise.
Fourthly, we acknowledge our fall.
Fifthly, we address the journey that is our returning to Paradise, our becoming more fully who & what we are, which enables us to bear the world of the Real.

There is more good news: help is waiting for us. Actually, help has always been with us, but we were not able to accept Help. This is a condition of the Fall.

Paradise regained, for those prepared to persist in reclaiming what is (in a proper world) a natural state, is to know Paradise as if for the first time.

And, when we find ourselves once more in Paradise, we may find Paradise itself only a beginning."

This diary entry of Robert Frip was brought to my attention by Mark (bolding by him).  It has been influential on me ever since, and I cannot thank him enough.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
He was definitely an interesting dude. Hard to forget a guy like that. He made this place better. RIP

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I doubt VG really disliked anybody.  He loved to debate people, but even when arguing with someone, he was always friendly about it, although he'd get pretty over the top with the philosophical stuff.  We disagreed a lot at first, but got along really well near the end.  He was definitely a force on dt.net back in the day.  Very smart guy, and always struck me as very honest and genuine.  A major tragedy to see him lose his life at such a young age.

Offline PetFish

Could someone give the "in a nutshell" of this person for those of us who have no idea who they are?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Could someone give the "in a nutshell" of this person for those of us who have no idea who they are?

I doubt VG really disliked anybody.  He loved to debate people, but even when arguing with someone, he was always friendly about it, although he'd get pretty over the top with the philosophical stuff.  We disagreed a lot at first, but got along really well near the end.  He was definitely a force on dt.net back in the day.  Very smart guy, and always struck me as very honest and genuine.  A major tragedy to see him lose his life at such a young age.

I remember being linked ot the article when he passed. He was very intelligent dude who, despite his tendency to engage in many a heated argument on the board, had a very big heart. I didn't have as much close interaction with him as others did, but he was always around when I was and he brings back memories of a totally different but very cool bit of time. He is missed, and was a very good dude.

RIP Mark.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
IIRC, he was hit by a car when crossing a street, and died a few days after. His girlfriend logged in and let us know about it, since she knew how much he frequented DTF.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
Yes that is what I remember as well.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Yep.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
IIRC, he was hit by a car when crossing a street, and died a few days after. His girlfriend logged in and let us know about it, since she knew how much he frequented DTF.

It's a damn shame that these kind of things happen. RIP.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!