Author Topic: Loud ***hole neighbor. What do I do?  (Read 7270 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Loud ***hole neighbor. What do I do?
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
How many rock poses could you do on that island Coz? :lol 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2017, 11:15:51 AM »
Noise continually blows!

I have an issue with my neighbors with there lights on 24/7 on the back of the house.
LIGHTS! EVERYWHERE!
I'm talking 6 flood lights that never get shut off. Morning noon or night. And they have a string of lights all over they're pool deck that never get shut off as well.
So when I'm out enjoying a fire in my backyard its like I have an airport runway in back of my yard.

Do you have your Red Ryder BB Gun handy? Instant solution.  :lol
My daughter got a really nice BB gun for Christmas. The thought enters my head almost everyday.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »
How many rock poses could you do on that island Coz? :lol 

All of them.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
All that land and they built it on a hill?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »
Just skimmed through and maybe I missed it, but have you ever just gone over while he was playing and talked to him?  As a music fan, I got to think on some level you appreciate his desire to play music (even if it sucks, we all have to start somewhere).  People can be pretty easy going with a friendly conversation, "Hey I really like rock music and drumming, what are your favorite bands?  Oh by the way, I live across the street and your drums are louder than my stereo so it's hard for me to enjoy my rock music, is there a way we can make this work?"  Or I guess you can just keep calling the cops, local cops should keep a record of complaints and as they stock up, maybe they'd do something if it was actually against local laws after the complaints keep coming in, but if it's not against any rules, I think being friendly is the best bet.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2017, 04:33:13 PM »
Fun thread. A couple of the OP's posts triggered my Schadenfreude though. :corn

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »
Just skimmed through and maybe I missed it, but have you ever just gone over while he was playing and talked to him?  As a music fan, I got to think on some level you appreciate his desire to play music (even if it sucks, we all have to start somewhere).  People can be pretty easy going with a friendly conversation, "Hey I really like rock music and drumming, what are your favorite bands?  Oh by the way, I live across the street and your drums are louder than my stereo so it's hard for me to enjoy my rock music, is there a way we can make this work?"  Or I guess you can just keep calling the cops, local cops should keep a record of complaints and as they stock up, maybe they'd do something if it was actually against local laws after the complaints keep coming in, but if it's not against any rules, I think being friendly is the best bet.

Scottie:  "Diplomats.  The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank."    :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »
Is he any good?

He moved from Denmark and gave up a promising tennis career.
So he was good for a few years and fell off the deep end?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »
Srs post: Here's your local ordinance.

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2017, 10:52:33 AM »
Wow, somebody did their homework on that specification. L10 65 dBA leaves no questions left.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »
Does that just mean 65 decibels or do the preceding letters/numbers complicate the matter? Also, which jurisdiction is that from? Cuz if I'm gonna use it, I need to make sure it'll hold up where I live which is Orange Park, FL in the Jacksonville area.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
Does that just mean 65 decibels or do the preceding letters/numbers complicate the matter? Also, which jurisdiction is that from? Cuz if I'm gonna use it, I need to make sure it'll hold up where I live which is Orange Park, FL in the Jacksonville area.

https://www.municode.com/library/fl/orange_park/codes/code_of_ordinances

https://www.municode.com/library/fl/orange_park/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIITOCO_CH20EN_ARTIIINOCO_S20-56MINORE

Municipalities usually post their full ordinance list online.  Noise and light violations usually are filed under nuisance - you can search the ordinance library to find what you're looking for - the ordinance cut and pasted in the post above matches the link.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
Playing with the garagedoor open is calling for trouble. If was also thinking, are we talking about something like this:

https://youtu.be/P842kq0bnOc?t=35s

or more in the line of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnv2ZhUqVRs

:P
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 03:25:34 PM »
Does that just mean 65 decibels or do the preceding letters/numbers complicate the matter?

Had to look it up myself, but "L10" means that it's fine to violate the given limit for 10% of the time span.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
You sure about that? If I recall correctly, it had to average louder than 65dB for a 10 minute span.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »
I think we're saying the same thing :lol

Say in an hour, you are allowed to exceed the 65dB for a maximum of 6 minutes.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2017, 03:45:54 PM »
I think we're saying the same thing :lol

Say in an hour, you are allowed to exceed the 65dB for a maximum of 6 minutes.
Haven't you been around enough to see my standard disclaimer about Barto math?  :lol

In any case, there has to be a minimum time span. Otherwise you could say that he exceeded 65dB during between 12:47,52 and 12:47,54 on one particular day. My original link from the City of New Orleans defined it thusly:

Quote from: L'Homme
(b) L10 is the A-weighted sound pressure level which is exceeded ten percent of the time in any
measurement period. The measurement period shall not be less than ten minutes when measured
at or beyond the property boundary of the receiving land use category (example L10 is the sound
level that is exceeded a total of one minute in a ten-minute period).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson