Author Topic: Schitt's Creek  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Schitt's Creek
« on: March 01, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
Anyone see this show? I never heard of it until I stumbled across it on Netflix. We're almost done with season 2 and I can't stop laughing. It started good, but I think it's gotten funnier as it's gone on.

In a nutshell, Eugene Levy's character was a filthy rich businessman whose family was used to the life of luxury. Stuff went down and the IRS repossessed everything he owned (so basically everything the family had) except for a shit town called Schitts Creek that he bought for his son as a birthday gag gift when he was younger. In an effort to keep a roof over their head, the family is forced to relocate to Schitts Creek and live in the rundown motel

Fun Fact: The son to the left is Eugene Levy's son in real life as well.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 06:26:04 AM by Chino »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Schitts Creek
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:53:21 PM »
Anything with Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Harra is gold by definition.

Surprised it's not a Guest show. I'll try to watch it though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 06:02:34 AM »
Wrapped up the two available seasons on Netflix. This show never failed to deliver and I can't recommend it enough. Can't wait for season 3.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:59:57 AM »
I started watching this after I watched Santa Clarita Diet and I couldn't stop until I watched every ep. This show is funny and I'm glad it will be continued.  :tup to the Levy's.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:23 AM »
I started watching this after I watched Santa Clarita Diet and I couldn't stop until I watched every ep. This show is funny and I'm glad it will be continued.  :tup to the Levy's.

I loved when John stood up for the town and Roland and Jocelyn at dinner.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »
Love this show. I'm currently watching season 3 here in Canada.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 10:48:34 AM »

I loved when John stood up for the town and Roland and Jocelyn at dinner.

Agreed! I was hoping he would, and he did.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »
Wrapped up season 3 last night. Just like the first two season, it delivered consistently throughout the season. IMO, both Alexis and Ted have become more bearable, and I was kind of glad we didn't see Mutt at all. I can't stand the way he talks. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Schitt's Creek
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »
Halfway through Season 2. Started watching on a whim... My first impression was "Arrested Development rip off", but realized that it's much better than I thought it'd be.

I've got to admit.. I've developed a crush on Emily Hampshire (Stevie).
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
This show is stupid and funny and I can't stop once I start and I don't know why...lol. I hope they keep going.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 08:36:02 PM »
Because Eugene Levy and Katherine O'Hara are one of the funniest duos in show business.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »
Finally getting through Season 2. For some reason this show is entertaining.

Although, I think I got a crush on Dan Levy. He's just cute
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 07:39:41 AM »
Just finished season 5 last night. This show is such a gem. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 08:33:32 AM »
Just finished season 5 last night. This show is such a gem. 

Holy crap am I behind. I remember finishing season 3 and just forgot about checking for new episodes.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 08:38:33 PM »
Just finished this silly, moving, emotionally touching show a couple of weeks ago.

The season 2 finale when Johnny Rose defends the town and the Schitts in front of their snobbish old friends, moved this from an oddball comedy up to another level.  Such warmth, intelligence, and sincerity.  Eugene Levy was beyond excellent.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 09:12:40 PM »
Just started S2. I am digging it. 

Levy, O'Harra and the son are all tremendous. I think they could have done a much better job as far as the daughter goes (nothing special acting and is rather plain in general), but that is a minor quibble. Chris Elliot is gold as always.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 11:13:52 PM »
Just started S2. I am digging it. 

Levy, O'Harra and the son are all tremendous. I think they could have done a much better job as far as the daughter goes (nothing special acting and is rather plain in general), but that is a minor quibble. Chris Elliot is gold as always.

Her character develops more better I think in the later seasons.

The most heartfelt moment was in Season 4, the Open Mic episode. That's a great song. And made me want to learn it for my Boo. 😁

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »
This show is SO FUNNY.

We are about halfway through season 5, so approaching the end.   :|
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »
We just finished this up over the weekend.  So good.  One of the funniest and best shows I've ever watched.

Hopefully they will find an excuse to touch base with the Rose family again at some point in the future.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
The waitress, Twyla is also Eugene Levy’s daughter in real life.  I just finished season 2 and will watch the whole series.  Like Jay, I have a crush on Stevie.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2020, 09:57:39 PM »
We just finished this up over the weekend.  So good.  One of the funniest and best shows I've ever watched.

Hopefully they will find an excuse to touch base with the Rose family again at some point in the future.

That is a great way to end the show, I think. The entire show has a lot that can draw people into it. Each character has their moments, and the series does a good job of making episodes centered on that. The character arc of the series is what drew me in, how each season ending made you want to know, what is next for the family.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 06:19:06 AM »
Someone on Reddit posted this Christmas lawn decoration. Is it just me, or does that model look not that small?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »
Got done with this show recently and it was a riot. I'm glad they added the drama aspects to it later on and it gave the comedy that much more depth. I love how they wrote all the main characters in the show, each one was so unique and had their own personality that really shone throughout.

I kinda wished they had more for Stevie and Jocelyn as I thought those side characters were fantastic and their chemistry with other main leads was great, but that's just a minor gripe. The only character I never cared for was Mutt, the son, and thankfully they didn't use him much after a few seasons.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan