Author Topic: The DTF P/R Food discussion club v. Ketchup on steak is tremendous  (Read 2071 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
Re: The DTF P/R Food discussion club v. Ketchup on steak is tremendous
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2017, 07:11:31 PM »
What exactly is there to do in Myrtle Beach? Golf? I worked with a guy that took his family there every year.

Did I see online that alligators have come ashore in SC?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2017, 05:34:26 AM »
There is a lot of stuff to do. It's one of the best golf vacation spots anywhere, lots of neat attractions, lots of outdoorsy stuff  (my family and I are partial to kayaking on the inland waterways and surrounding rivers), tons of great restaurants,  a good nightlife scene, even a lot of theater shows  (like Branson), if that's your thing. Oh, and the beach itself is fantastic.

Not sure what it is lacking.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2017, 10:24:23 AM »
What about alligators?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Looks like Fish, tastes like chicken
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »
What about alligators?

They're only tasty if you cook them well done with lots and lots of ketchup on top.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »
Had a gator sausage at a New Orleans style restaurant in NYC a couple months ago that was delicious

Also, I mentioned I ate this while in Pasadena last week, but I finally uploaded a picture.  The patty is 50% ground bacon and 50% ground beef:

and I ate a bacon donut for breakfast today  :metal

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »
While I would eat the shit out of that, the bacon obsession has gotten a little out of control. It's become almost embarassing to see a company use it to advertise their food nowadays.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
That's awesome, Cram! The fries look great and the beer looks  :metal

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »
Had a gator sausage at a New Orleans style restaurant in NYC a couple months ago that was delicious

Also, I mentioned I ate this while in Pasadena last week, but I finally uploaded a picture.  The patty is 50% ground bacon and 50% ground beef:

and I ate a bacon donut for breakfast today  :metal

That'd be Slater's 50/50 I think... I recognize the symbol from the show Food Paradise (those TC shows are good at times).  How good was it really?  I'm trying to imagine ground bacon and I cannot...

Speaking of donuts, my wife an I made bonuts (biscuit donuts; swiped the recipe from AB) on Saturday morning; they were stupendous... especially for someone that doesn't eat donuts at all anymore.  We did not use ketchup.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »
That'd be Slater's 50/50 I think... I recognize the symbol from the show Food Paradise (those TC shows are good at times).  How good was it really?  I'm trying to imagine ground bacon and I cannot...

Yup, Slater's 50/50.  It was great.  I debated about going back.  I honestly didn't think it was overly bacony in taste considering the patty and toppings (maybe the egg had something to do with that?).  The patty definitely didn't look/feel different than a usual all beef patty.   Was it the greatest burger ever?  Probably not.  Was it unique and worth the experience?  Definitely.  I also had a few drinks so that could have clouded my judgment.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2017, 02:12:33 PM »
TC's Food Paradise shows are awesome.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
I personally find Five Guys to be pretty bland.
The fries are good but you get an absurd amount of them. The burgers I usually load up with jalapenos, onions, and bacon so I tend not to notice if they're bland. Definitely better quality than most other fast food joints, but the best burgers are always found at local bars and hole-in-the-wall establishments. The chains just can't compare to those places.

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »
Ground bacon in burgers are fantastic. We have a few places that sell the patties where I live.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »

I am a sucker for that show. My favorite are the ones where they hit the county fairs. The combination of unhealthiness and creativity that goes on at fairs is amazing. Who in the hell first thought to deep fry a stick of butter??
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »

I am a sucker for that show. My favorite are the ones where they hit the county fairs. The combination of unhealthiness and creativity that goes on at fairs is amazing. Who in the hell first thought to deep fry a stick of butter??
The same person that inspired the Sun Cannon, I hope.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2017, 06:43:53 AM »
I stopped going to fairs.  It took weeks to get the grease off of me. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam