Author Topic: What are your fears?  (Read 5217 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: What are your fears?
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »
Spiders, heights, insects that sting.

Oh, and I apparently have thalassophobia. Click that link, you might get it too.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
“Has The Person you Were Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like The Person You Could Have Become?"

STOP THAT!   :lol

I appreciate it very much!  We just got to be strong and move forward, unfortunately this cruel world doesn't give you time to grieve. The bills keep coming, the pressure is always on. Thank God for good friends and music, and my dog who is always by my side! 😎

Inspirational.  Thank you.   :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »
Spiders, heights, insects that sting.

Oh, and I apparently have thalassophobia. Click that link, you might get it too.

No but have you heard of the one where you are repulsed at the sight or the thought of lots of tiny holes in things ?

I have dreams of massive spiders with huge abdomens covered in tiny holes. Ewwww.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 05:44:48 PM »
Getting Alzheimer's

At least you won't realize you fear it...

Who's the girl in your sig?  I might fear her.

Dani Divine

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2017, 09:15:51 AM »

Also, a drink. I am terrified of where a drink will take me after almost six years of sobriety, the end result would only be death, taking the love of family and friends with me.

Don't be afraid. Be strong in your knowledge that you're beyond that. Be inspired that you'll never be that person again. I've never had an alcohol problem so I can't begin to understand completely. But I have been addicted to both cigarettes and sex. An addiction is an addiction and with it comes constant struggle. I still see people smoke and buy cigarettes and think, "Hmmm...just one smoke would maybe be okay." But anytime that happens, I have to remind myself, that's not me anymore.
I also struggle with the sex part even more so. I'm constantly in situations where it would be so easy to succumb to flirtation and direct come ons from women, or especially in situations where I'm triggered to seduce someone. That part was the most powerful where I couldn't ever resist. Like the prey drive in a dog or a big cat when something small goes running by. All logic, all reason was gone. But as soon as that happens now, I always laugh and remind myself that I'm not afraid of giving in. I'm stronger than that now. But it's a constant struggle. I won't let myself be afraid of what might happen. Maybe I'm afraid of being afraid. But I'm always in a better place because I can't ever let myself give in. Six years is amazing. God bless you for your daily victory brother. Be proud. Keep the Faith.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
I'd say for biggest fear is my wife dying before me. I can't be left behind. I love her too much. I'd die tomorrow if that's what it took for me to go first. I truly mean it.
And my daughter going before me is unthinkable. If that happened, shoot me.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »
I'd say for biggest fear is my wife dying before me. I can't be left behind. I love her too much. I'd die tomorrow if that's what it took for me to go first. I truly mean it.

I definitely empathize with that. If I ever lost my daughter someone might as well just shoot me because the downward spiral that would result of that loss would do more damage than I care to think about.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2017, 10:52:53 PM »
Some fears are more obvious....(death of loved ones is an example).   

I have a fear of being ignored.   As in, I'd rather literally be alone in the world than be with someone who was totally ignoring me.    Maybe I'm just an attention whore.   :loser:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2017, 10:17:04 AM »
Hey Prog... so, Peniphobia, the fear of big dicks being waved in your face.  Why only big dicks?  Are small dicks OK?  :lol

Cram...  I have one similiar to your plane fear.  Since my digestive system was seriously re-worked during my cancer surgery things now move a long at a very fast pace.  From the time I know I have to go, it could be as little as 3 minutes until disaster.  The scenario I worry about most...is when I'm scuba diving.  I would have to take of all my gear while underwater..tank, vest, and get my wetsuit down.  After that..while still holding on to everything (still need that air source...LOL) I would have to perform what is referred to as "The Warhammer Manuever" If your curious..it's on youtube, or at least it was...LOL.

My BIGGEST fear is being buried alive.  Living in earthquake country I fear the house collapsing on me during an earthquake and being stuck for days slowly dying.  If Hell is a real place... being buried alive would probably be the worst punishment for me...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2017, 10:18:40 AM »
Not interested in looking up "The Warhammer Manuever"  :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
Not interested in looking up "The Warhammer Manuever"  :lol

Yeah... someone got me to watch it once.... :eek

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »

My BIGGEST fear is being buried alive.  Living in earthquake country I fear the house collapsing on me during an earthquake and being stuck for days slowly dying.  If Hell is a real place... being buried alive would probably be the worst punishment for me...

The one upside is that you'd suffocate after less than an hour due to lack of oxygen so it wouldn't be the WORST thing...

Plus add on top of that the panic... It'd probably be even faster than that as you'd be using oxygen like nobodies business.

It's not like you'd be buried under a ton of soil and awake for hours on end.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2017, 11:21:18 AM »

The one upside is that you'd suffocate after less than an hour due to lack of oxygen so it wouldn't be the WORST thing...

Plus add on top of that the panic... It'd probably be even faster than that as you'd be using oxygen like nobodies business.

It's not like you'd be buried under a ton of soil and awake for hours on end.

Well...in the earthquake scenario I'd be buried under rubble and could have O2.  Look at the handful of guys who were buried at the WTC.  Or during the 89' NoCal Earthquake on the bay bridge that pancaked.  That being said... IF I ever found myself buried... I hope the hell you're right!  :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 08:44:33 AM »

I definitely empathize with that. If I ever lost my daughter someone might as well just shoot me because the downward spiral that would result of that loss would do more damage than I care to think about.

So, I guess you guys are saying if you lost your loved ones, their memory and honor wouldn't be worth living for huh?  That's a shame.  I'm wondering what you would want them to do if the situation were reversed.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White