Author Topic: Things I find mildly AMUSING V. you read it right.  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Things I find mildly AMUSING V. you read it right.
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »
Ok - Not funny enough for the Graham's Number thread and not irritating enough for the annoyance thread.

More like - head scratchers and life's little foibles that make you smirk and tut !!!

For a kick off . . How about people that claim they are a huge fan of a band but don't know the names of any songs, albums or band members :P

Or people that feel the need to tell others that " i'm so funny I am " and yet all they do is repeat something funny someone else JUST SAID or well known jokes and idioms :p

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things I find mildly AMUSING V. you read it right.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »
When you hear someone talking about a subject and you know 100% they're talking absolute nonsense and know nothing about the subject :lolpalm:

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:29:52 AM »
We have someone at my job like that. He is the manager for all the regional managers but is not very tech savvy despite acting like he is. He will go at great lengths to tell you about his computer and just start naming parts and numbers that make zero sense.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 12:20:58 PM »
violence and bloodshed

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:19:56 AM »
I work on the assumption that if I have to tell you I'm [funny/smart/good looking/well hung], I'm probably not as [funny/smart/good looking/well hung] as I think I am.   

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »
I work on the assumption that if I have to tell you I'm [funny/smart/good looking/well hung], I'm probably not as [funny/smart/good looking/well hung] as I think I am.

This.

People who go " :lolpalm: i'm so funny i am. I'm crazy. I'm such a rebel "

When the most rebellious, kerrazy thing they ever did was wear odd socks to work one time.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 09:03:30 AM »
People who back up their opinion - let's say on Politics by posting links to articles that back up their opinion......then completely ignoring, or berating any article that going against their opinion.

For example.  We in the UK recently had Brexit, a vote to leave the EU.  Since the vote we've had people on both side linking/tweeting/coping and pasting articles that side with there views.   On one side you have the Liberal Lefties (Remain) linking the Guardian views, on the other side you have the mad right wing (leave) posting their links from the Daily Mail.   Of course both sides completely dismiss the other, and position themselves from a view of outrage.   

Yeah I find that kind off amusing.

Oh and the one of my male work mates is being made by his wife and daughter to see a penis puppetry show, that makes me snigger.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »
That kind of cognitive dissonance is amusing.

Anything that backs me up is true.

Anything that disproves me is false & wrong.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 09:31:44 AM »
Another :

People who claim to have an eclectic taste in music - then just list a bunch of popular chart acts like Beyonce, Foo Fighters and Emimen. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »
When people go to Starbucks or any other coffee shop and have no idea what anything is.

1. Some guy asked for a latte then said it can't have milk in as he is lactose intolerant :lolpalm:

2. When they say expresso

And the other thing which I started this post for but forgot instantly when I started typing.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »
I find the starbucks thing a bit forgivable. When I first started going years and years ago I had no idea what half of the shit was and ended up asking.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 06:01:31 PM »
Oh and the one of my male work mates is being made by his wife and daughter to see a penis puppetry show, that makes me snigger.

A family gathering to look at dicks?   :rollin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
Knowing women - it'll be to laugh at penises and "lol at men for walking around with those!!"

Despite themselves walking around with an open wound.

:p

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 03:39:04 AM »

A family gathering to look at dicks?   :rollin

To be fair they are Chelsea season ticket holders so they are used to looking at dicks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 06:21:04 AM »
How can he be dead?! I only saw him this morning / last night / a week ago!!!!

So selfish - dying before leaving the required three months after seeing an acquaintance!!!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 10:31:07 AM »
When people post a funny picture - complete with caption on twitter and they include their own caption as well.  ???

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »
I find the starbucks thing a bit forgivable. When I first started going years and years ago I had no idea what half of the shit was and ended up asking.

Yeah, I have to confess I don't follow most of their terminology, and in fact, I'm sort of in the group that lumps all that fancy pants stuff into the sort of "I'm in an elite group" snobbery.  It's fucking coffee, bitches. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 10:53:21 AM »

Yeah, I have to confess I don't follow most of their terminology, and in fact, I'm sort of in the group that lumps all that fancy pants stuff into the sort of "I'm in an elite group" snobbery.  It's fucking coffee, bitches.

:lol I'm not much a coffee snob myself.  But to each their own.  I do kind of understand the starbucks thing though because for people like us who just like coffee but not all the bells and whistles would likely be confused (as I have been before) when ordering at Starbucks.

Also, this jokingly sums it up from Curb Your Enthusiasm

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 10:58:04 AM »
Well I *DID* work at Starbucks and people want the most ridiculous things.

Half vanilla, half caramel, half skimmed milk - half whole milk gingerbread latte with cream on top and cinammon sprinkles and chocolate drizzle

JFC :lolpalm: just have a coffee GEEEZE

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »

:lol I'm not much a coffee snob myself.  But to each their own.  I do kind of understand the starbucks thing though because for people like us who just like coffee but not all the bells and whistles would likely be confused (as I have been before) when ordering at Starbucks.

HAHA, Larry David is priceless. 

I'm less concerned with the latte stuff as much as I am the "grande", "vine", "vidi", "vici" stuff.   Big, small.   Coffee.  Gimme a large coffee.  That's what I want.  Coffee.  And a lot of it.  Large amounts of it.  Large coffee. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »
:lol Veni Vidi Venti

I came , I saw, I ordered a large latte

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »
Knowing women - it'll be to laugh at penises and "lol at men for walking around with those!!"

Despite themselves walking around with an open wound.

:p

Me thinks you need human biology classes... lol

I find highly amusing silly prank shows like impractical jokers. I'll giggle like a little kid.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »
I can't bear practical joke shows.

The only plus is that - to be on tv - you need the victim to sign a release form ( probably for monetary compensation ).

I would never sign one.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »
I find highly amusing silly prank shows like impractical jokers. I'll giggle like a little kid.

One of the funniest shows on TV.  I laugh out loud alone while watching that.  Including last night  :lol

I can't bear practical joke shows.

The only plus is that - to be on tv - you need the victim to sign a release form ( probably for monetary compensation ).

I would never sign one.

And they would still air you with a blur on your face.  I've thought about it before, it would depend on my reaction.  If I legit got pissed then I might not want my face shown, but if I was just looking stupid because of the prank I think I'd be OK with that.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »

I love that show.  That, Ridiculousness, and America's Funniest Home Videos (though only with America's host, Tom Bergeron).

The only thing I don't get is on AFV, it's always the LEAST funniest video that wins.  ALWAYS.  And submitted by the biggest tools.   I don't get it.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »
Wen someone makes a declarative statement of his or her opinion, which happens to correspond to the "popular" opinion, and says it is based on fact because "everyone accepts it as fact," but when you express your opinion which differs, it is purely your opinion, not based on fact, i.e. "well that's your opinion, this is fact."

Oh wait, you said mildly amusing, not fucking infuriating.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »

HAHA, Larry David is priceless. 

I'm less concerned with the latte stuff as much as I am the "grande", "vine", "vidi", "vici" stuff.   Big, small.   Coffee.  Gimme a large coffee.  That's what I want.  Coffee.  And a lot of it.  Large amounts of it.  Large coffee.

0:50 (not the curb clip)

https://youtu.be/qe-W4K6JVAw

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 01:46:31 PM »
:lolpalm:

We all hate when people present their tastes in music and film as "correct" and everyone else's as wrong...

But i've actually seen some people say something which is DEMONSTRABLY FACT " just my opinion "... Um no...

Some people could be presented with a 6 string bass and a 4 string bass and you could say " the 6 string bass has 2 more strings on it " and they'd go :angry: In YOUR opinion...

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 01:50:30 PM »
Doesn't have to be just in music or film; in general I hate when people determine that just because the masses think something that popularity indicates fact. The phrase "X million people can't be wrong" is a gigantic fallacy in any subject. Carries a similar weight as "post hoc ergo propter hoc."
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »
Mildly amusing: a certain unnamed individual with several screws loose, who will remain nameless, but her initials are my mother-in-law, is registered as a Democrat despite being a staunchly conservative Republican. Her reasoning: so she can vote in the primary for the Democrat LEAST LIKELY to defeat the Republican she wants in office.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 01:53:45 PM »
Doesn't have to be just in music or film; in general I hate when people determine that just because the masses think something that popularity indicates fact. The phrase "X million people can't be wrong" is a gigantic fallacy in any subject. Carries a similar weight as "post hoc ergo propter hoc."

Justin Bieber sells millions of records. Guess he must be "better" than Dream theater.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
Same general principle, where success is equated to quality. If there's anything the US has shown, it's that one need not deliver quality to be successful.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »

Justin Bieber sells millions of records. Guess he must be "better" than Dream theater.

Objectively.....that is correct.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
0:50 (not the curb clip)

https://youtu.be/qe-W4K6JVAw

LOL and now Im watching this guys videos