Author Topic: F#%k Everything  (Read 1612 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: F#%k Everything
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
The buck stops here.

Of course it does, but only within reason, and only to an extent.   

Offline jsbru

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »
HE never filed bankruptcy, his company(ies) did.  To my knowledge, HE didn't stiff contractors, his company(ies) did.   Not a minor difference.   Yes, you could say he provided direction, yes, you can say he set the strategy.   But while you can criticize those strategies, it's not entirely fair to pin them all on HIM, in my opinion.   

You can't blame his companies' failures on him, but he can run on his business experience?
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2017, 02:17:05 PM »
Two things:
1.  Bankruptcy isn't necessarily a "failure."
2.  Stadler did not say you cannot blame his companies' failures on him.  He is saying you cannot blame them entirely on him.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
HE never filed bankruptcy, his company(ies) did.  To my knowledge, HE didn't stiff contractors, his company(ies) did.   Not a minor difference.   Yes, you could say he provided direction, yes, you can say he set the strategy.   But while you can criticize those strategies, it's not entirely fair to pin them all on HIM, in my opinion.   

You can't blame his companies' failures on him, but he can run on his business experience?

To the extent they're not the same thing, yes.  As Bosk said, I was clear: you can criticize, but you can't put them 100% on him, likewise his successes.  But both lead to "experience".  I know most people - if they're honest - learn as much from their missteps as their successes. 

Offline CableX

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2017, 09:38:58 PM »
Just looking at this thread from a distance, it has seemingly degraded into attacks on both sides. And therefore going against TAC's OP about finding common ground. *sigh* Slinging mud at both sides won't get either side anywhere, much as what is publicly occurring. The right washes through with a bunch of polarizing changes, only for the left to do so when it's their turn.
---

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »
I like how quickly this thread turned from F***k everything, to I love ya brother.

More please.

... and how quickly the thread was divided again.  It's (this thread) really a microcosm for our country; just more polite as we tend to be thoughtful of other's views here (at least in my experience).

In my time away, I had forgotten how genuinely thoughtful, analytical, and measured most of you are.

I can't remember the last time I was in the CWE.  As someone who now lives in the Manchester/Valley Park area, I don't stray too far from my comfortable surroundings, except for concerts, sporting events, etc.

When y'all want to get real crazy you can come on down to Imperial. I'll take you on a tour and point out all the local Meth houses and Red Neck bars   :lol

Hey man... watch the Redneck slang... I'm from Southwest Virginia, the land of Hillbilly Heroin and coal company gun thugs.  You've offended me... :biggrin:
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar