Author Topic: F#%k Everything  (Read 3202 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
F#%k Everything
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
So reading this subforum, watching the news.. I'm lost.

Lets piss in whatever bathroom we want to
Let's not work hard and get rewarded
Let's let anyone into our country and do whatever the hell they want
Let's elect a president who promises to improve life in America and bust his chops at every turn
Let's pay burger flippers $15 an hour..well, just because
Let's not do the right thing because my political party leader disagrees with it
...and God forbid you don't return your carriage to the coral at the Grocery store.

I'm getting frustrated because no one wants to work together. No one can agree on anything.

Maybe what is "right" for me isn't "right" for someone else. I get that, but is there no such thing as middle ground anymore? Common good?

I couldn't tell you the first thing about the ACA, but why do some think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and others think it's the worst thing to happen to this country. How the hell can it be both??

I'm not a Trump supporter, but all these people protesting...where were they on election day? Trump got less votes than the last election's loser. Don't these people have something better to do? Isn't there a good deed they should be doing?

tl:dr version:
TAC is a grumpy old fogey who is getting aggravated with all of the whining and complaining every f'n day about every f'n thing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: F#%k Everything
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »
I feel ya brother.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »
I'm with ya.  As a middle of the road guy who has both liberal and conservative viewpoints, it drives me nuts to see how many people on both sides have no interest in comprising at all with anyone. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:19:39 PM »
Awesome. TAC has Missouri. Only 49 more to go! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »

Not what people are saying. They're just not wanting to force Trans people to live by cis rules for no reason at all,

Every generation has kids who want this. It's not new....at all. You're just getting older.

People aren't saying that.

Let's elect a president who promises to improve life in America and bust his chops at every turn

That's every single election since like the 60's. We just have more social media now.

"because" isn't their argument.

Let's not do the right thing because my political party leader disagrees with it

Yup, that is a huge problem on every political side there is, totally agree.

...and God forbid you don't return your carriage to the coral at the Grocery store.

Well, maybe not god forbid, but we should definitely entertain the idea of capital punishment for it.

You actual point, though, about people not wanting to work together is totally 100% correct, but the rest of your post kind of goes against that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:23:53 PM »
You actual point, though, about people not wanting to work together is totally 100% correct,

So with all of  your counterpoint, at least we can agree on that. Now let's do it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »
Awesome. TAC has Missouri. Only 49 more to go! ;D

Keep it up.  :biggrin:

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 08:28:19 PM »

By and large the people busting his chops are not the same people who elected him. Though some might be, after seeing just how incompetent he's proven to be.

I admit that rhetoric on both sides is reaching near mercurial levels of toxicity in lots of places, and makes it very hard to have any rational discussion, but I don't think the bulk of the criticism is out of line. And the people protesting were probably voting against him on election day, I would imagine.

This does seem kind of over the top. It's a mighty long walk to the ocean.
if the flow checks out and your rhymes are dope enough then the police start unholstering their guns

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:04 PM »
You actual point, though, about people not wanting to work together is totally 100% correct,

So with all of  your counterpoint, at least we can agree on that. Now let's do it.

You're on, grab the lube.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »

Not what people are saying. They're just not wanting to force Trans people to live by cis rules for no reason at all,

If I'm wired as a woman, but born as a guy...I totally understand why this is a problem. If some woman who looked and thought they were a guy wanted to take a dump next to me, I don't care.

Every generation has kids who want this. It's not new....at all. You're just getting older.

I'm a big Civil War buff and the best book I have ever read (of the 30 or so) is called Four Brothers In Blue. I's written by one of four brothers who fought for the Union right after the war in the late 1860's. The forward basically chastises the younger generation saying that they don't know how easy they have it, and don't work as hard.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:33:10 PM »

Great, which bathroom's stall do we use? ;D

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:34:06 PM »

Unisex, don't want to offend anyone.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 08:34:30 PM »
The locker rooms at a gym have to be a gold mine for gay people, who get to change and look at naked people of the sex they are naturally attracted to. :P

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 08:35:07 PM »

Heaven forbid we do that nowadays.  Might as well just ban the words man and woman from the English vocabulary now. ;)

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »
The locker rooms at a gym have to be a gold mine for gay people, who get to change and look at naked people of the sex they are naturally attracted to. :P

Gay people at the gym?

lol you crae bra.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:02 PM »
. Though some might be, after seeing just how incompetent he's proven to be.

I still think it's way too early for this.

I admit that rhetoric on both sides is reaching near mercurial levels of toxicity in lots of places, and makes it very hard to have any rational discussion, 

I agree. Common ground, brother. Pretty much the impetus of my OP.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 08:37:10 PM »

Though I know it'll be costly, I support a "Family Restroom" in all public places.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 08:38:12 PM »
Common ground, brother. Pretty much the impetus of my OP.

The analogy by my older brother, who doesn't care much about politics, is this: rooting so hard against Trump right from the start is like getting on a plane and hoping it crashes.  And to be fair, Republicans did the same thing with Obama.  It's so stupid.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 08:38:47 PM »

The analogy by my older brother, who doesn't care much about politics, is this: rooting so hard against Trump right from the start is like getting on a plane and hoping it crashes.  And to be fair, Republicans did the same thing with Obama.  It's so stupid.

Absolutely.

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
I like how quickly this thread turned from F***k everything, to I love ya brother.

More please.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 08:44:21 PM »

Heaven forbid we do that nowadays.  Might as well just ban the words man and woman from the English vocabulary now. ;)

That's 'womyn,' you chauvinist pig.

(j/k)

And this is where the disagreement occurs. Like I said, a lot of the social media shit (the 'literally Hitler,' 'fascist,' whatever stuff that seems to be coming from people who just learned the word 'fascist,' (not to mention the really fucking disturbing segment that's advocating violence against the people they don't like) etc.) surrounding the whole thing tends to be really ridiculous, especially because they focus on the stupidest things in the stupidest possible ways.

But from the very beginning, from the poorly-executed travel ban, to the way he deals with other foreign leaders, they way he comports himself to the media and the public, all the shit going on with the CIA, he has, in my view, shown very definitively that he is in no way fit to be president. I don't really think we need to wait any longer to find out what kind of president he's going to be, because he's already shown us, and it's not pretty.
if the flow checks out and your rhymes are dope enough then the police start unholstering their guns

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 08:49:56 PM »
I like how quickly this thread turned from F***k everything, to I love ya brother.

More please.

It's a beautiful thing, isn't it.

Like I said, a lot of the social media shit (the 'literally Hitler,' 'fascist,' whatever stuff that seems to be coming from people who just learned the word 'fascist,' (not to mention the really fucking disturbing segment that's advocating violence against the people they don't like) etc.) surrounding the whole thing tends to be really ridiculous, especially because they focus on the stupidest things in the stupidest possible ways.

I agree completely.

But from the very beginning, from the poorly-executed travel ban, to the way he deals with other foreign leaders, they way he comports himself to the media and the public, all the shit going on with the CIA, he has, in my view, shown very definitively that he is in no way fit to be president. I don't really think we need to wait any longer to find out what kind of president he's going to be, because he's already shown us, and it's not pretty.

No, it's not pretty. Clunky for sure. But I'm not ready to bale. And it may totally be a shortcoming on my part.

Offline jsbru

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
This thread reminded me of this, which is one of the best listicles ever written (low bar, I know):

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

Watch out for those lewd and wicked children giving each other Nick-names!

Also not surprising: France had hipsters even in 1771.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »

:biggrin:

Offline jsbru

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »
How do you get mad at chess?!
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.”

― Hunter S. Thompson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 09:38:09 PM »
This thread reminded me of this, which is one of the best listicles ever written (low bar, I know):

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything

"The youth were never so sawcie"  :lol

Awesome list, and it goes hand in hand with the Civil War book I noted above.

Thanks for posting that. I'll read it in more detail tomorrow.

BTW, what does jsbru stand for?

:biggrin:

:rollin

Offline ariich

• sexin' you later
  • Global Moderator
  • Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 11:59:23 PM »

Absolutely.
Not really. Trump was elected (despite getting far fewer votes) on a platform of misogyny, racism, homophobia, and so on. It's perfectly rational for people from those demographics, or who otherwise strongly believe those demographics shouldn't be discriminated against, to want a president like that to fail, to show that those attitudes have no place in modern society.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
    • my coverband
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 01:54:31 AM »
I was misled by the thread title.   :blush
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 04:59:21 AM »
Trump was elected (despite getting far fewer votes) on a platform of misogyny, racism, homophobia, and so on.

Yup, that's the platform he ran on  :facepalm:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Looks like Fish, tastes like chicken
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 06:15:10 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 06:27:24 AM »
 :lol

Damn cameras are everywhere.

Offline ariich

• sexin' you later
  • Global Moderator
  • Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »
Trump was elected (despite getting far fewer votes) on a platform of misogyny, racism, homophobia, and so on.

I don't mean in policy terms, though some of that was questionable too. But in terms of rhetoric and what he said right throughout the campaign, yes absolutely.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 07:11:58 AM »

I don't mean in policy terms, though some of that was questionable too. But in terms of rhetoric and what he said right throughout the campaign, yes absolutely.

I don't think he ran his campaign on those things. I get the misogyny label but not racism and definitely not homophobia.

And TAC, you have Nebraska as well. I'm more frustrated at society in general than the president.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »

Who said "for no reason at all"?     It's just not a reason that the Trans people seem willing to accept, which goes back to TACs point; where's the compromise?

Honestly, we've fallen into this trap that somehow Gov'mint can solve everything.  Sometimes it's not a "RULE" that's required, it's just DOING it and minding your own business.   For all the times I've been hammered and pissed in the women's bathroom because the line was shorter, I think I've been called out once, maybe twice, and NEVER arrested.  Why?  Because I wasn't a dick.  I didn't make it my personal Selma.   Not everything has to be a Martin Luther King level civil rights escapade. 

We've also fallen into this trap that we should always feel perfectly comfortable wherever we are.   My step son came to his mom and said "mommy when I go [here; doesn't matter where, though it would break your heart if I told you], my chest gets tight, and I can't breathe, and my head hurts really bad. I can feel my heart beating really fast".   And we're working with professionals to help him cope with that.  But I told my wife, "maybe  I should sit in on that discussion because that happens to me every time I do this, this and that."   I rarely shit in public.   I hate it.  I sit there and I won't move my bowels if anyone is in the room, and I flush immediately after so no one smells it, etc. etc.   I get all cramped up, it's a nightmare.    Where's my bathroom protections? 

People aren't saying that.

And yet when the discussion reduces down to "just follow the rules", we can't seem to agree. So which is it?

"because" isn't their argument.

To some of us, who feel that things like "minimum wages" are arbitrary controls on a system that can work on it's own, it is essentially "because".   The market says that that job is not a $15 dollar an hour job.  Period.  So to make it that, there's no real reason. 

I'm not sure his post "goes against" that.  Every side has a counter argument, and I think the point is, in too many cases, we've not left the discussion between the arguments, but rather made some arguments untenable as a matter of social policy.  I really don't like airing my views here on some of the trans stuff because I fear personal reprisals.  Not that I'm going to be beaten up, but certainly banned, or told by people I truly like and respect that I'm a "bigot".    It's come to the point where treating people with respect face-to-face isn't enough.  We can't even ask hard questions anymore.

As someone who works in psychiatry (I think, anyway) I'm sure you understand this.  For all that that clown Milo says, I'm baffled at some of the stuff that he says that gets attention.   One such thing is his comment that he's "aberrant".   Why does it subject one to ridicule to ask questions about our genetic makeup?   That's SCIENCE.  He may not phrase it the right way, but doesn't it advance our understanding of the human condition to ask these questions?   Wouldn't it further our knowledge base to understand whether some of these issues we deal with are a result of, say, a genetic mutation?   And yet, given the way society perceives things, you don't think it would be a MASSIVE scandal if, say, the headline read "Scientist posits homosexuality as 'genetic mutation'"?     

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 07:47:21 AM »

This just isn't true.