Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210588 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2065 on: December 10, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
You son of a :lol

It really a shame but they do have the best backup.

*Since the Pats traded the best backup away*

Thanks again!

Niners 2-0 with Jimmy G at QB!

Got to actually watch the game this week. We're certainly not there yet, but we can build in a positive manner now, I feel.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2066 on: December 10, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »
Fans sure are tough when they are up in the stands behind barricades. You sure showed that 300 lb pro athlete with your cup of overpriced Budweiser dude. Top notch fella you are. Jefferson, he threw a cup at you, he didn't hijack your car, demolish it, paint it the other team's colors.

Seahawks acting like crybaby sore losers...again.  They are easily the most dislikable team in the NFL (despite having one of the most likable QBs).

Kev, I consider myself a very neutral Seattle fan. I root for the local teams - though it can be hard to ruin for the Mariners considering how poorly they've been managed over the years - and I try not to take sides, other than they are my local team. For a long time I didn't mind the personality of this team. And everyone here thought "don't like us? That's alright. They aren't wife-beaters and druggies." And bringing a pro championship to a town that hadn't seen one since 1979 earns you plenty of cred. But I listen to local sports radio a lot and the are well on the road to unlikability here.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2067 on: December 10, 2017, 09:13:37 PM »
Fans sure are tough when they are up in the stands behind barricades. You sure showed that 300 lb pro athlete with your cup of overpriced Budweiser dude. Top notch fella you are. Jefferson, he threw a cup at you, he didn't hijack your car, demolish it, paint it the other team's colors.

Seahawks acting like crybaby sore losers...again.  They are easily the most dislikable team in the NFL (despite having one of the most likable QBs).

Kev, I consider myself a very neutral Seattle fan. I root for the local teams - though it can be hard to ruin for the Mariners considering how poorly they've been managed over the years - and I try not to take sides, other than they are my local team. For a long time I didn't mind the personality of this team. And everyone here thought "don't like us? That's alright. They aren't wife-beaters and druggies." And bringing a pro championship to a town that hadn't seen one since 1979 earns you plenty of cred. But I listen to local sports radio a lot and the are well on the road to unlikability here.

Good on those fans.  What kind of clown players try to injure other players during a damn kneeldown?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2068 on: December 10, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »
500+ yds passing against the Ravens’ D. 1st QB ever with 3 500 yd games.

OMG one of the best games I’ve seen. Ben still a comeback machine.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2069 on: December 10, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
Not if you're a Ravens fan :sad:

I know that everybody tuned in tonight, expecting one of the most explosive offensive games of the season. ;)

This makes two years in a row at Heinz Field, that the Ravens moved the ball almost at will, put up mucho points, but the efense virtually disappears after taking the lead.  Kudos to Ben and Bell and Antonio.  And Flacco and Marty.  Two weeks in a row with surprisingly good schemes and production.

One hell of a rivalry, a game to savor, even in defeat. 

Frick! Frick! Frick!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2070 on: December 11, 2017, 06:21:24 AM »
Not if you're a Ravens fan :sad:

I know that everybody tuned in tonight, expecting one of the most explosive offensive games of the season. ;)

This makes two years in a row at Heinz Field, that the Ravens moved the ball almost at will, put up mucho points, but the efense virtually disappears after taking the lead.  Kudos to Ben and Bell and Antonio.  And Flacco and Marty.  Two weeks in a row with surprisingly good schemes and production.

One hell of a rivalry, a game to savor, even in defeat. 

Frick! Frick! Frick!

Yeah, nice change of pace from the defensive battles we usually have. Great emotional win for Shazier, he was face-timing from his bed and got the game ball.

Steelers always bring out the best in Flacco, and Collins was a beast. Gotta give major props to our O-Line, 69 dropbacks and only 3 sacks given up.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2071 on: December 11, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »
Like in 2011 when Patriots fans everywhere said they would have beaten the Giants in the Super Bowl if Gronk had been healthy?

Or in 2015 when Patriots fans everywhere blamed their late season decline on the O-line not being very good?

Great examples of rising above, right? :P

Two VERY questionable examples - see King's excellent and accurate reply - in over ten years, when you have the following:
- a BETTER record when Gronk ISN'T in the game
- surviving, no THRIVING, after losing Moss, Dillon, Brewski, VInatieri, Wilfork, Blount, Welker, Edelman, Collins, Talib, Revis, and a host of other guys
- surviving to go 12-5 without Brady, who missed a season
- surviving to go 3-1 with Brady suspended, AND losing your backup to injury
- need I even say it?  Being down 28-3 in the second half of the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I think you can say the Pats rise above.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2072 on: December 11, 2017, 10:33:43 AM »
Steelers D looks BAD without Shazier. TB12 must be licking his chops. I hope Tomlin’s plan is to try to win 51-50.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2073 on: December 11, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »
Steelers D looks BAD without Shazier. TB12 must be licking his chops. I hope Tomlin’s plan is to try to win 51-50.

Honestly, that was my biggest takeaway from the Steelers game last night. It's great that they won, but once again, they cut it way, way too close based on the caliber of the opponent.

They aren't going to comeback like that against the Pats, and without Shazier I agree with you, I think our D becomes a HUGE liability against TB.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2074 on: December 11, 2017, 05:44:58 PM »

They are sore losers, and nobody like a sore loser.  The lack of character on that defense has been glaring since the 4th quarter collapse against the Patriots three years ago.

500+ yds passing against the Ravens’ D. 1st QB ever with 3 500 yd games.

OMG one of the best games I’ve seen. Ben still a comeback machine.

I fell asleep early last night and missed the 2nd half, so it figures that it was a good one for once. :lol :lol

I did watch the end of it a bit ago when I got home (yay DVR) and my question is this: is John Harbaugh brain dead?  How do you leave Antonio Brown in one on one coverage with no help over the top on that bomb at the end that put them in FG range?  Mind-boggling.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2075 on: December 11, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »
Bad pass by Brady.  Way underthrown.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2076 on: December 11, 2017, 06:48:31 PM »
Bad pass by Brady.  Way underthrown.

Just saw that. We have the Celtics on and they're getting blown out by Chicago. Seems both teams are overlooking inferior opponents.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2077 on: December 11, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
Yay another field goal. Stupid phish.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2078 on: December 11, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
Shame on the Miami player for using his face mask to interfere with Cooks.  ::)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2079 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:24 PM »
Shame on the Miami player for using his face mask to interfere with Cooks.  ::)

Yep, hard to believe a BS call would bail the Patriots out after a failed 3rd down conversion. You can almost set your watch to it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2080 on: December 11, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »
Kev,  Kev.  Al teams get BS calls. :lol

Come back to me bro.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2081 on: December 11, 2017, 07:48:20 PM »
Kev whining about the Patriots. You can almost set your watch to it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2082 on: December 11, 2017, 08:28:24 PM »
Like I said.  Pass interference?  Yup. Refs suck and it affects both sides.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2083 on: December 11, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »
That was an easy PI call. Let's be serious.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2084 on: December 11, 2017, 08:32:21 PM »
You mean a guy that actually heads turned around in his hands up and the receiver Landry stops and flails his arms I don't think so.

Also game over.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2085 on: December 11, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
He didn't turn his head until Landry was trying to slow down for the underthrown pass. It was one of those calls that sucks for the D, where it was only PI because the ball was underthrown, but it was PI.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2086 on: December 11, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
That was an easy PI call. Let's be serious.
The second one was. The first one was just as cheesy as the one on Cooks. Both teams have had a bad one. But it doesn't matter. We all know that the refs are part of a conspiracy to make sure NE always wins. Kraft's probably Illuminati or something.

Doesn't matter. Miami is beating the shit out of NE right now. NE is playing undisciplined football like the first few weeks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2087 on: December 11, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »
Steelers fans are probably cringing right now, since you know Belichick is gonna kick their asses in practice this week, and they will come out ready to go next Sunday.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2088 on: December 11, 2017, 08:44:13 PM »
Miami is our goddamn Kryptonite. Every time we play them it's a tough game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2089 on: December 11, 2017, 08:47:15 PM »
Miami is our goddamn Kryptonite. Every time we play them it's a tough game.

Last three games between NE and Miami:

35-17 NE
35-14 NE
31-24 NE (Miami scored a bunch late to make it look closer than it really was).

Tough games every time? :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2090 on: December 11, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
Let's go through the full history not just recent.  Why don't you pull up the stat with Brady's record is in Miami career. I'll wait for you to look it up cuz I already know it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2091 on: December 11, 2017, 08:50:27 PM »
You said every time. ;)

Which I know was just hyperbole...have you forgotten I like busting your chops?  :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2092 on: December 11, 2017, 08:52:32 PM »
  :P :P :P :P :P :P

:lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2093 on: December 11, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »
BTW Kev now Brady 7-9 at Miami .

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2094 on: December 12, 2017, 07:21:17 AM »
Steelers fans are probably cringing right now, since you know Belichick is gonna kick their asses in practice this week, and they will come out ready to go next Sunday.

So. True.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2095 on: December 12, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »
IDK the Pats offense has been sputtering for a few weeks now.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2096 on: December 12, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »
IDK the Pats offense has been sputtering for a few weeks now.

Right, but the Steelers have been struggling to barely beat sub-par teams for several weeks now. Our D is also very beat up.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2097 on: December 12, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »
Belichick's post game was the stuff of legend.

"Can you walk us through that onside kick at the end?"
"They recovered it."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2098 on: December 12, 2017, 07:41:32 AM »
Belichick's post game was the stuff of legend.

"Can you walk us through that onside kick at the end?"
"They recovered it."

Brilliant.   :lol

God I'd love to see him replace Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2099 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:52 AM »
Why is it ok for BB to be an a-hole at the pressers? He's the only coach in the NFL who's had success?