Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 209246 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2030 on: December 06, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »
I can't tell you how disappointed I was that Cinci didn't win, just for the mere possibility they meet again in the playoffs. And to be fair, bloodbath aside that was a great game. As was the playoff implosion a while back. I'd say the over the top violence is a side effect of what makes it a great series.

But yeah, the league is a joke.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2031 on: December 06, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »
I can't tell you how disappointed I was that Cinci didn't win, just for the mere possibility they meet again in the playoffs. And to be fair, bloodbath aside that was a great game. As was the playoff implosion a while back. I'd say the over the top violence is a side effect of what makes it a great series.

Aside from your first statement (as a Steelers fan, I was glad the Steelers won) I totally agree. That game was very entertaining. I kind of found the media reaction of how horrible the game was funny, because it was probably the most entertaining game I've seen in a while.

And yeah, the league is a joke.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2032 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:56 PM »
After reading through reports about Shazier’s surgery, he should probably give up football. Recovery is 4-6 months just to walk and move without issues. Too bad too cause football has been the dude’s life since he was 4, as a way to cope with alopecia and the constant teasing.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2033 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »

Aside from your first statement (as a Steelers fan, I was glad the Steelers won) I totally agree. That  ::)game was very entertaining. I kind of found the media reaction of how horrible the game was funny, because it was probably the most entertaining game I've seen in a while.

And yeah, the league is a joke.

Everyone ran with Gruden’s take without bothering to form intelligent opinions on their own.

One crackback block, one helmet to helmet. OMG WORST GAME EVER.  ::)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2034 on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:07 PM »
After reading through reports about Shazier’s surgery, he should probably give up football. Recovery is 4-6 months just to walk and move without issues. Too bad too cause football has been the dude’s life since he was 4, as a way to cope with alopecia and the constant teasing.

Man, I feel so bad for him. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2035 on: December 07, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
That totally blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2036 on: December 07, 2017, 08:20:53 PM »
Matt Ryan is making some terrible decisions.  It's like he thinks if he just throws it in JJ's direction, he'll complete it.  That 3rd pick, there was no way he could even see Jones he was so well covered.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2037 on: December 07, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »
I can only imagine what the score of this game would be right now if Kamara hadn't gotten knocked out of the game by a helmet to helmet hit.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2038 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
Just like the Saints/niners divisional game in 2011. That 2009 SB victory may be the only one I ever see.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2039 on: December 08, 2017, 05:51:25 AM »
Isn’t it amazing how often supposedly great coaches blow games due to stupidity?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2040 on: December 08, 2017, 10:56:27 AM »
If that's about Sean Payton, I agree that he's criminally overrated but that INT is squarely on Drew. Fuckin threw the ball when a beyond-shitty TE was completely engaged by a DB. Even Jimmy Graham would've had trouble hauling that in. Josh Hill has been stealin money here for years so who in their right mind would ever expect him to make that play?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2041 on: December 08, 2017, 12:32:30 PM »
The worst thing about Payton was it wasn't even a "do we or don't we" call.  Or bad clock management, something like that.   His players were keeping a cool head, and literally marching down the field on offense (but for the INT) and he goes and blows his stack.   That was beyond bad.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2042 on: December 08, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Matt Ryan did everything he could to lose that one, but Drew had to one-up him.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2043 on: December 08, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Matt Ryan did everything he could to lose that one, but Drew had to one-up him.
Yeah, pretty much.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2044 on: December 08, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »
Damn, I missed the game.  A real nail biter?  It was only a matter of who wanted to lose the most huh?  That's a good theme for TNF.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2045 on: December 08, 2017, 06:49:39 PM »
It was three hours of millionaires seeing whose dick was long enough to penetrate the kitchen sink's drain and touch the disposal blade.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2046 on: December 08, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
Both coaches shit the bed big time in that game last night.

Oh, and the officiating was atrocious.  How do the Saints not get to kick the FG again at the end of the half when the whistle was blowing the play dead while the kick was in the air (meaning the clock should not have run out)?  I love how that was never explained.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2047 on: December 09, 2017, 06:38:39 AM »
Both coaches shit the bed big time in that game last night.

Oh, and the officiating was atrocious.  How do the Saints not get to kick the FG again at the end of the half when the whistle was blowing the play dead while the kick was in the air (meaning the clock should not have run out)?  I love how that was never explained.

Right?  It's not like an illegal formation penalty is called 4 seconds after the snap.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2048 on: December 10, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen the NFC so wide open this late in the season.  Right now, these would be the playoff team (you could make a strong argument for why any of those teams can make the Super Bowl):

Minnesota 10-2
Philly 10-2
LA Rams 9-3
New Orleans 9-4
Seattle 8-4
Carolina 8-4

Plus, while Matt Ryan isn't playing like he did last year, Atlanta, who is barely the odd team out right now, could get easily get hot and make a run like last year.  And while they are 6-6, there is always the slim chance that the Packers could squeeze in, if they beat Cleveland today, and then Rodgers comes back, they win out, and the tiebreakers fall their way.

Minnesota at Carolina and Philly at Rams are two huge games today in deciding what the NFC playoff picture will look like.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2049 on: December 10, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
 Touchdown DALLAS!!!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2050 on: December 10, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE CLEVELAND!

Edit: You did not disappoint!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:21:57 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2051 on: December 10, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »
Wentz is done for the game with a knee injury he suffered before throwing his 4th TD of the game. Hoping that he's not out for the year

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2052 on: December 10, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
Wentz is done for the game with a knee injury he suffered before throwing his 4th TD of the game. Hoping that he's not out for the year

Yes.  Let's hope it's not too serious.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2053 on: December 10, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »
What a game! I hope Wentz is okay.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2054 on: December 10, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »
The end of the Seahawks/Jags game was nuts, but not in a good way.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2055 on: December 10, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
They fear Wentz tore his acl.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2056 on: December 10, 2017, 06:21:34 PM »
Feel terrible for him. But he needs to learn that he doesn't need to do it all on his own. Feed Blount and Ajayi down near the goalline.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2057 on: December 10, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »
I KNEW that would happen before the Patriots game. So long 2017 it was nice while it lasted.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2058 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »

That was ugly. And Quentin Jefferson trying to jump into the stands to attack the fans that were throwing beer at him just made worse. Those Jags fans escalated things too. Tomorrow is going to be a day full of suspensions and penalizations.

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE CLEVELAND!

Edit: You did not disappoint!

:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2059 on: December 10, 2017, 07:46:46 PM »
I KNEW that would happen before the Patriots game. So long 2017 it was nice while it lasted.

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2060 on: December 10, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »

So Endelman and Hightower are no loses?

Great teams rise above.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2061 on: December 10, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »
They fear Wentz tore his acl.

That sucks.  You hate to see a talent like that get hurt when he was having such a great breakout season.

Seahawks acting like crybaby sore losers...again.  They are easily the most dislikable team in the NFL (despite having one of the most likable QBs).

Great teams rise above.

Like in 2011 when Patriots fans everywhere said they would have beaten the Giants in the Super Bowl if Gronk had been healthy?

Or in 2015 when Patriots fans everywhere blamed their late season decline on the O-line not being very good?

Great examples of rising above, right? :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2062 on: December 10, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »
Come on man.  Straw man argument.  Did you hear me say That? The average fan wants to jump off a cliff.

BTW,  you did see me say damn, I hope he's ok?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2063 on: December 10, 2017, 08:16:20 PM »
Just messing with you, hence the :P.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: December 10, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »
You son of a :lol

It really a shame but they do have the best backup.

*Since the Pats traded the best backup away*