Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210618 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1155 on: September 25, 2017, 04:41:56 AM »
Bad day for NFL officials:

-Had no clue what the rule was on the batted ball play in the Bears/Steelers game.
-Threw a ridiculous flag on Von Miller for him doing the help you up fake out thing, which he and the Bill were both laughing about.
-Botched the end of Falcons/Lions.

Just ugly.

Admittedly, Denver is 'my' team, but this was a brutal call, and it sealed the Bills win.  I'm not saying the Broncos would've been able to get a TD in 5 minutes/80+ yards (which would only push it to OT at best), but they were robbed of the chance.  15 yards and getting out of a punt for a 'PSYCH!'!?!?!  Lame.  I thought there was also a 5 yard unsportsmanlike penalty the refs can use?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1156 on: September 25, 2017, 06:43:10 AM »
I've seen Von Miller do that same thing before and he wasn't penalized for it. It is funny that the NFL changed their stance on celebrations so the players/fans could have more fun, but the officials would still penalize a player for a harmless joke when both players from each team were laughing. I'm not sure if they want the players to be robotic, or if that was just a hometown call (there were a few really questionable calls that hurt the Broncos yesterday, not that they deserved to win).

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1157 on: September 25, 2017, 06:51:09 AM »
Right after I proclaim the AFC West the best division in football 3-4 lose. At least my Chiefs are still 3-0!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1158 on: September 25, 2017, 07:00:04 AM »
I'll never forget how excited I was when I learned that the Browns were coming to Baltimore and for the first time in my 12 years on earth, I'd have a true home team to enjoy and cheer for. The Ravens were everything that I could ever hope for. I spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars supporting them over the past 20 plus years. I never could have imagined that I would no longer be a fan.

[SNIP] - See Rule 13.

Thanks for the many great memories and the two great Super Bowl seasons, but I'm now a free agent fan, in pursuit of a team that will not tolerate this foolishness. If no such team exists, then so be it.

I loved my Ravens....but some things are more important than football. I am a vet and a proud patriot, and I deserve better. We all do.

And you get a week off. You were warned.

To others:

Looks like the Raiders and Seahawks were more concerned about ***rule 13*** than playing football.  WTF guys?

Skirting around the issue like this is not going to fly with me. Take it to P/R if you want to discuss it, or you take time off. Thank you for your cooperation.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1159 on: September 25, 2017, 07:00:30 AM »
The Chiefs are looking like the best team in football right now. Hunt is the most dynamic rookie running back since Adrian Peterson. It's hard to like the Chiefs as a Broncos fan, but I'm really impressed with them.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1160 on: September 25, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »
The Chiefs and the Falcons are both solid teams and probably the most consistent at this point.  However, it's only week 3.   :corn
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1161 on: September 25, 2017, 11:23:31 AM »
I didn't see the play but the fact that it was Golden tate whose call was overturned makes me smile so big.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1162 on: September 25, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
I thought there was also a 5 yard unsportsmanlike penalty the refs can use?

There used to be a less severe five yard variant for facemasking which was eliminated about a decade ago. That might be what you were thinking of.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1163 on: September 25, 2017, 11:53:21 AM »
J E T S SUCK SUCK Su...wait a minute. They won a game?  :lol

It'll be the Jets luck that they win more games than the Giants, and get F'd out of draft position.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1164 on: September 25, 2017, 01:27:20 PM »
IMHO Samsara, the draft picks don't mean shit unless you have at least a half way decent coaching staff.  That's what the Jets really need.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1165 on: September 25, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »

Admittedly, Denver is 'my' team, but this was a brutal call, and it sealed the Bills win.  I'm not saying the Broncos would've been able to get a TD in 5 minutes/80+ yards (which would only push it to OT at best), but they were robbed of the chance.  15 yards and getting out of a punt for a 'PSYCH!'!?!?!  Lame.  I thought there was also a 5 yard unsportsmanlike penalty the refs can use?

The Broncos didn't play well enough to win, but that absurd call pretty much sealed the win for the Bills. Oh well.

The Chiefs are looking like the best team in football right now. Hunt is the most dynamic rookie running back since Adrian Peterson. It's hard to like the Chiefs as a Broncos fan, but I'm really impressed with them.

For sure.  Hunt looks like a special RB, and makes their offense that much better.  And with that defense and the excellent coaching staff, the Chiefs are gonna be tough to beat all year.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1166 on: September 25, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »
The Dallas D just made Carson Palmer look like an elite QB.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1167 on: September 25, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
Win or lose tonight, Larry Fitzgerald is still a joy to watch.  His Hall of Fame speech will be so good.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1168 on: September 25, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »
Definitely a classy guy and great receiver.  Never anything bad to say about LF.  But, I'm afraid if he stays with the Cards, he'll end up as one of the greats without a ring.  That would be a shame.

Oh and BTW, great win Dallas!  :2metal:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:15:55 PM by Dublagent66 »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1169 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
J E T S SUCK SUCK Su...wait a minute. They won a game?  :lol

It'll be the Jets luck that they win more games than the Giants, and get F'd out of draft position.

IMHO Samsara, the draft picks don't mean shit unless you have at least a half way decent coaching staff.  That's what the Jets really need.

It's not looking like the Giants have much of a coaching staff either.  McAdoo has been out coached in each game this season IMO.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1170 on: September 26, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
Lots of teams in that category but as far as McAdoo goes, he better get OBJ under control.  I don't care how good that little punk is.  His behavior affects the entire team.  That stupid TD celebration he did was an embarrassment.  What does he call that, the peeing dog?   :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1171 on: September 26, 2017, 05:57:58 PM »
Post-Week 3 Power Rankings

Top 10
1. Kansas City - this team literally has no glaring weaknesses
2. Atlanta - two of their three wins were by a hair, but 3-0 is 3-0
3. New England - still have major holes to plug, but as usual Brady and Belichick will find a way to win most of their games while plugging them
4. Philadelphia - I'll be shocked if this team doesn't win 11+
5. Denver - tough let down loss following the Dallas blowout, but still a lot to like
6. Dallas - Dak Prescott is the real deal
7. Detroit - brutal way to lose; can they rebound?
8. Tennessee - impressive win over the Seahawks
9. Washington - they have to be in the top 10 after that demolition of Oakland
10. Green Bay - having the best QB in the league often masks their problems, of which there are many

Trending Up
Minnesota - Dalvin Cook is quietly having a great rookie season
LA Rams - amazing what having a coach with a clue can do for an offense
Jacksonville - if Blake Bortles throws 4 TDs, you are trending up
Buffalo - probably on their way to another 7-9 or 8-8 season, but they are showing more than most thought they would
Chicago - defense is looking pretty good, and they have a great 1-2 punch at RB

Trending Down
Baltimore - getting torched by Blake Bortles is never a good sign
NY Giants - offense finally got going a little, and then the defense blew it
Carolina - Cam Newton is done
Arizona - a shame to see Larry Fitzgerald's last few years happening on such a mediocre team
Miami - how do you lose like that to the Jets?

Bottom 5
28. Cincinnati - gutty performance, but still lost
29. NY Jets - despite the win, they are still probably a 3-13 team
30. Indianapolis - they get no credit for a home win over Cleveland
31. San Francisco - they have some work to do
32. Cleveland - so bad, they never really had a shot to beat a bad Colts team

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1172 on: September 26, 2017, 06:07:24 PM »
Because I really thought Cleveland's going to take biggest rides this year they still feel like that. That was a disappointing loss to a bad Indy team.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1173 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »
OK EB!!!  You and me this week!  :yarr

GO RAMS!!!!!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1174 on: September 28, 2017, 02:43:18 PM »
OK EB!!!  You and me this week!  :yarr

GO RAMS!!!!!!
Uh, you must have me confused with a Cowboy's fan. But Hef can certainly go and suck it.  :lol

For what it's worth I will be rooting for Dallas, based solely on my Pick'em league prediction.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1175 on: September 28, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »
Come on back to the darkside Barto.  :xbones  :hat

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1176 on: September 28, 2017, 09:18:32 PM »
Good gawd, Tony Romo......'shut up!'   Two weeks in a row I've listened to, and then muted the Packer games.  He needed a year of seasoning with their #7 broadcast crew.

Makes me miss Phil Simms (and that's saying a lot)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1177 on: September 29, 2017, 06:17:20 AM »
Uh, you must have me confused with a Cowboy's fan. But Hef can certainly go and suck it.  :lol

For what it's worth I will be rooting for Dallas, based solely on my Pick'em league prediction.

Hmmm...Don't know why I thought you were a Cowgirls fan.  Must be my Oldtimers kicking in   :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1178 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:40 AM »

Hmmm...Don't know why I thought you were a Cowgirls fan.  Must be my Oldtimers kicking in   :hat

He's a stormtrooper in the Dark Hoodie's Empire.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #1179 on: September 29, 2017, 06:52:32 AM »
Lock of the week:  My Falcons are favored by 8 against the Bills.  Take the Birds.  Julio hasn't been a factor so far this season but the game plan for Sunday will correct that.
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Cable

« Reply #1180 on: September 29, 2017, 09:00:34 AM »

He's a stormtrooper in the Dark Hoodie's Empire.

---

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1181 on: September 29, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »
We all bow to our master.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1182 on: September 29, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
If Trevathan isn't suspended for that dirty hit he took on Adams... seriously that was terrible.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: September 29, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
If Trevathan isn't suspended for that dirty hit he took on Adams... seriously that was terrible.

I don't think you have to worry about that.  Head to head will be a suspension especially when he was tied up by another player.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1184 on: September 29, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »
Good gawd, Tony Romo......'shut up!'   Two weeks in a row I've listened to, and then muted the Packer games.  He needed a year of seasoning with their #7 broadcast crew.

He's getting great reviews pretty much everywhere.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1185 on: September 29, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »
I think Romo has been excellent.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1186 on: September 29, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »

Said no one ever
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1187 on: September 29, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »

He's getting great reviews pretty much everywhere.
I've seen very mixed, polarized reviews. A lot of people think he's great. I thought he was awful in the one game I heard him call. He struck me as a bit melodramatic.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1188 on: September 29, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »

Said no one ever

He's a thousand times better than Buck/Aikman. I actually liked him more the 2nd time I heard him than the first. I bet he'll continue to improve.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1189 on: September 29, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »

Said no one ever

He's a thousand times better than Buck/Aikman. I actually liked him more the 2nd time I heard him than the first. I bet he'll continue to improve.

Man, you have the biggest hate-on for Joe and Troy.  Where did they touch you as a child?