Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210875 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #980 on: September 08, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »
Thsts the way you start a game.

The Patriots had a felon do this pre-game jerk-off fest? :P

How about a celebrity fan who left the SB  last year before the comeback.   Fair weather.....

I thought it was funny that Rodney Harrison left the SB early too.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #981 on: September 08, 2017, 04:56:06 PM »
:lol

The difference looks putrid and then they lose their best player not good. Add that now they've lost three starting receivers makes Brady look really tentative and unsure.

Eh, Amendola and Mitchell are not real starting receivers; that is overstating it a bit. They still scored 27 points (they averaged 30 points a game with Brady last year, and most of those games were not against a D as good as KC's).

There was also a pretty bogus PI call in the end zone on KC's subsequent drive. People don't generally point out bad calls that go against NE around here, so I will.

Do you mean the play where Butler ran into the WR while not looking for the ball and before the ball got there? That was about an easy a PI call as there is.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #982 on: September 08, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »
Let me restate.   3 of the 5 receivers are now out.  That's bad.  Do not count Slater who was out.  He's special teams mostly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #983 on: September 08, 2017, 07:53:34 PM »
Speaking of his weapons, Gronk looked...slow. I wonder if he is still making his way back or if injuries have wore him down to where he will never be GRONK again.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #984 on: September 08, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
He got hurt on the touchdown that was called back. He was not the same after that, and could be seen kind of limping. He's a glass giant.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cable

« Reply #985 on: September 08, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »
He got hurt on the touchdown that was called back. He was not the same after that, and could be seen kind of limping. He's a glass giant.

He didn't look right on the first play he didn't catch a pass. Kev' point is spot on, hopefully it is making his way back.
---

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #986 on: September 08, 2017, 10:23:40 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #987 on: September 09, 2017, 05:04:44 AM »
Talk is he has the wind knocked out of him.  He was doubled all night.  Smart move.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #988 on: September 10, 2017, 06:26:32 AM »

:metal :metal

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #989 on: September 10, 2017, 06:33:40 AM »
My body is ready for REDZONE

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #990 on: September 10, 2017, 11:07:45 AM »
Lol Browns  :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #991 on: September 10, 2017, 01:02:30 PM »
Needless to say I'm really impressed with the Ravens thus far!

In other news, Savage held off Watson for a little bit more than 1/2 a game.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: September 10, 2017, 01:57:34 PM »
Chicago had four chances at a touchdown to win it.  I can't believe they didn't score.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #993 on: September 10, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »
Chicago had four chances at a touchdown to win it.  I can't believe they didn't score.

Mike Glennon is their QB.  I can believe it. :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #994 on: September 10, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
Well, not on those sets of downs except the sack on 4th down.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #995 on: September 10, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
Carson Palmer looks officially done.  So much for Arizona bouncing back this year.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #996 on: September 10, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »
I've got to say the Browns look pretty good today even though they lost.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #997 on: September 10, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »

Was almost LOL Pittsburgh

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #998 on: September 10, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
I don't get this. If the leash is that short, why not just give all the reps to the rookie? I really don't think Bill O'Brien has a clue when it comes to QBs.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #999 on: September 10, 2017, 03:36:41 PM »

Well, I posted that after their first series of the year resulted in a blocked punt for a TD, the most Browns thing ever. They played very well after that, and the Steelers played very poorly but still won so I'll take it.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1000 on: September 10, 2017, 03:58:04 PM »
I don't get this. If the leash is that short, why not just give all the reps to the rookie? I really don't think Bill O'Brien has a clue when it comes to QBs.
I agree. Having to change quarterbacks in the first game of the season should be your ass as a head coach.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1001 on: September 10, 2017, 05:35:01 PM »
Gusty win by GB. They earned that one.

Seattle D looking very nasty again.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1002 on: September 10, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »

Well, I posted that after their first series of the year resulted in a blocked punt for a TD, the most Browns thing ever. They played very well after that, and the Steelers played very poorly but still won so I'll take it.

In many aspects, the Steelers looked like a team that wasn't ready to begin the regular season. I noticed that there was minimal playing time for many of the starters at "skill" positions on the offense in the pre-season games, and it showed today. Couple that with the play calling early in the game, and it was a recipe for disaster. I'm not sure that Ben threw the ball beyond 5 yards past the line of scrimmage until very late in the first half. I'd never suggest that they have him heave the ball deep down field on a consistent basis, but the game plan was far from effective. Cleveland crowded the line of scrimmage for a great deal of the day, and for much of the game they were never challenged. With the speed on the Steeler's roster that should hardly ever be the case.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1003 on: September 10, 2017, 06:46:46 PM »
Ravens shut out an opponent on the road for the third time. First time, they got Pittsburgh 16-0 in 2000, which was their first Championship season. Second time, they wrecked Tampa Bay 27-0 in 2006 en route to a 13-3 record and their first and only first round bye.

Not sure what the third shutout will lead to, but I'm excited now that I've seen the team play a meaningful game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1004 on: September 10, 2017, 08:09:08 PM »
It seems like many were picking the Bengals to get back to the playoffs, and while week 1 is always kinda weird, I don't get it.  Fortunately for them, they get the hapless Texans next week.  :lol

Tonight is showing why I thought the Giants were overrated.  Yeah, their D is great, but their o-line is total trash, and without OBJ, the entire offense is trash. Eli is shitty.

Oh, and LOL at Los Angeles. Opening day and the Rams apparently had an atrocious turn-out. Way to go, NFL.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1005 on: September 10, 2017, 09:40:38 PM »

Damn, that's ugly. I doubt it's 20%. Nobody would expect them to sell 93k+, but cracking 20k would have been nice.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1006 on: September 10, 2017, 10:20:54 PM »
And the Rams won 46-9!!!  :lol

Marshawn Lynch mowing down a 300 lb lineman.  Dat's my dude.  Beast Mode is back!
https://a.video.nfl.com/films/vodzilla/77005/Marshawn_Lynch_runs_through_Jurrell_Case-RX1Ba2Bn-20170910_125752607_5000k.mp4

And Seahawks  :huh:
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1007 on: September 11, 2017, 02:21:47 AM »

Damn, that's ugly. I doubt it's 20%. Nobody would expect them to sell 93k+, but cracking 20k would have been nice.

And somehow, the NFL feels that LA deserves TWO teams. #nfllogic

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1008 on: September 11, 2017, 06:43:38 AM »
Marshawn Lynch mowing down a 300 lb lineman.  Dat's my dude.  Beast Mode is back!
https://a.video.nfl.com/films/vodzilla/77005/Marshawn_Lynch_runs_through_Jurrell_Case-RX1Ba2Bn-20170910_125752607_5000k.mp4

He looked mostly like his old self.  And it looks like they will keep him fresh by using a lot of Washington and Richard in the backfield as well. That offense is gonna put up some major numbers this year.

And Seahawks  :huh:

Like I said yesterday, their D looks back to being scary good (they held Aaron Rodgers scoreless for a half!!), but their offense is gonna be the question mark for them, largely because their offensive line is not good at all.  Russell Wilson is gonna be running for his life all season again.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1009 on: September 11, 2017, 08:24:37 AM »
I fell asleep at halftime during the Giants game, damn they look bad and all the same problems as last year with that oline  :angry:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1010 on: September 11, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »
Tonight is showing why I thought the Giants were overrated.  Yeah, their D is great, but their o-line is total trash, and without OBJ, the entire offense is trash. Eli is shitty.

He's elite.  :)

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #1011 on: September 11, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

In many aspects, the Steelers looked like a team that wasn't ready to begin the regular season. I noticed that there was minimal playing time for many of the starters at "skill" positions on the offense in the pre-season games, and it showed today. Couple that with the play calling early in the game, and it was a recipe for disaster. I'm not sure that Ben threw the ball beyond 5 yards past the line of scrimmage until very late in the first half. I'd never suggest that they have him heave the ball deep down field on a consistent basis, but the game plan was far from effective. Cleveland crowded the line of scrimmage for a great deal of the day, and for much of the game they were never challenged. With the speed on the Steeler's roster that should hardly ever be the case.

That seems like a fair assessment, I really hope this Steelers offense can put it together, if they do, it will be fun to watch.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1012 on: September 11, 2017, 09:17:46 AM »
Is it me or did yesterday feel like an extension of the pre-season?  :lol So many teams just looked like they weren't ready for the regular season...

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1013 on: September 11, 2017, 09:30:27 AM »
^^^ I think that's the reality of the NFL these days.  If I'm the owners, I seriously think about getting rid of the preseason.   Why anyone would play a Beckham, Jr., or Gronk, or Brady in the pre-season is beyond me, so you get this "save them for the regular season" mentality.  BUT, that means the first week is like the week we just saw, and I think, end of the day, you're going to have MORE injuries because people just aren't ready for the full contact.  You just can't simulate some of the hits that you see in a regular NFL game.

Offline Cable

« Reply #1014 on: September 11, 2017, 09:35:46 AM »

He's elite.  :)

:lol

Jim Plunkett was elite too.
---