Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 209221 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:41 PM »
I mean to their own detriment. Jerry Rice and Rich Gannon were quality pickups.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »
This just in...Dwight Clark has ALS and blames it on football.  I don't think Lou Gehrig blamed baseball, did he?  :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2017, 01:46:19 PM »
Um we all know 60 years later that in fact that concussions cause ALS.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »
My point is, that's not the only thing causing ALS.  There's no way to know for sure how someone got it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »
But there is facts that boxers, football players have a greater chance to get ALS with the amounts of hits to their heads.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2017, 02:17:17 PM »
A former PSU linebacker who I played golf with in college and got drafted and played a few seasons in the NFL has ALS.  No idea if that is related to his football playing, but it's sad and he is my age.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »
What about someone who was dropped on their head as a kid?  If so, I'm screwed.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
 :lol

You may be but think about how many times you have to be dropped on your head in an NFL career.  Also jarring his can cause that too and how many in a career?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2017, 03:21:15 PM »
Brady? Mexico?

Can't wait to see Trump's tweet on this! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:48 PM »
Guess who is playing in Mexico City this year? :lol

Revenge tour III :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:01 AM »
What did Kermit say at Jim Henson's funeral?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2017, 12:56:46 PM »
It's not easy being green?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2017, 12:59:40 PM »
Good riddance. That sick fuck has stuck his hand up my ass for the last time.

Not sure how it relates to Brady and Mexico, though, and would really prefer not to.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »
The Patriots have had a hell of an off-season so far. Watch out for Rex Burkhead next year.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2017, 05:58:32 PM »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »
Every State, every state.  It's hard to believe.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/21/patriots-tom-brady-had-nfls-top-selling-jersey-in-february-in-all-50-states/

Especially considering New York, New Jersey, and Florida are mostly inhabited by fans who hate the Patriots.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
Only people buying in February are fans of the winning team, and he's their most famous player. It makes perfect sense.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »
Only people buying in February are fans of the winning team, and he's their most famous player. It makes perfect sense.

This. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that has happened in the past as well.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »
Like others said, certain states like N.Y. make no sense.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2017, 06:44:05 PM »
Never has. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »
Like others said, certain states like N.Y. make no sense.

Maybe.

I'm looking at it like this: There are always fans of teams in different areas. I live in North Central Ohio about 70 miles south of Cleveland. I'm deep in Browns territory, but I'm a hard-core Steelers fan. I'm sure that there are plenty of fans in New York of other teams. None of the New York teams are doing very well lately, so none of those teams fans are purchasing merchandise in the off season. Patriots fans in New York are celebrating their championship. Those fans are a huge minority in the area that they live, but they're the only fans actively buying anything at this point of the year.

The number of sales probably isn't that big, but they don't need to be in those areas.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2017, 06:52:05 PM »
You are all missing the point.  2 years ago Deflategate caused a wave of hate towards Brady.  Plus winning 2 more SB's one would think the hate would go.  It Eels to have gone the opposite.

It just feels weird to us Pats fans to see this.  That's all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2017, 06:54:03 PM »
Seems black market sales in Mexico are up too.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »

Your wrong, he couldn't sell it. :lol

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2017, 07:08:05 PM »
You are all missing the point.  2 years ago Deflategate caused a wave of hate towards Brady.  Plus winning 2 more SB's one would think the hate would go.  It Eels to have gone the opposite.

I'll say once again, I'm a Steelers fan that lives in Ohio. Hatred for a team or player isn't anything new to me. Considering the fact that I'm also a Chicago Cubs fan, I even got an extra dose of hatred from local fans in the fall.

The suggestion that the Steelers are cheaters and thugs is something that I've always dealt with. However, if we were to pull out another Superb Owl in the next couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised too see Bell, Brown or Ben jerseys every time I turn around. And trust me when I say that the Steelers are hated much more than any other team in my area. I don't know how deep the hatred goes for the Pats in New York, but I can imagine that it would be similar.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »
  However, if we were to pull out another Superb Owl 

;D

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
  However, if we were to pull out another Superb Owl 

;D

I got into the habit of calling it that sometimes after seeing someone do it on a news site that I frequent. I think it started out by making fun of the NFL for acting like patent trolls.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2017, 07:20:15 PM »
Oh, OK. I thought you were speaking Kingshmeglish.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2017, 07:23:54 PM »

I struggle enough with the regular kind. That's his domain, not mine.  ;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »

Flog off Timy.  :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2017, 04:19:52 AM »

The point I was making, and NY is a perfect example.... who's buying Giants, Jets and Bills jerseys in February?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2017, 04:40:45 AM »
That is very true.

I still can't picture N.Y JETS or Giants fans buy anything Patriots.