Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211022 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #945 on: September 07, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »
Kareem Hunt looks great.  Nice rebound from that early fumble.

Rebounds were always Kareem's thing.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #946 on: September 07, 2017, 07:44:37 PM »
Sky hooks. :lol

Nice drive again by the Pats.  KC's D will get tired.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #947 on: September 07, 2017, 07:51:45 PM »
Kareem Hunt looks great.  Nice rebound from that early fumble.

Rebounds were always Kareem's thing.

:lol :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #948 on: September 07, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
Alex Smith just sacked himself. :rollin :rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: September 07, 2017, 08:15:21 PM »
Good touchdown by KC going to half and they get the ball back after halftime.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #950 on: September 07, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »
Brady looks old tonight.  Some dreadful ducks coming out of his arm.  Just imagine if he was getting hit.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: September 07, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »
Somebody missed assignment there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #952 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
But, but, Belichick always takes away the opponent's best player. :lol :lol :lol

What a BS narrative.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:14 PM »
Brady looks old tonight.  Some dreadful ducks coming out of his arm.  Just imagine if he was getting hit.

I think it's him being unsure of his new receivers. It's going to take time.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »
But, but, Belichick always takes away the opponent's best player. :lol :lol :lol

What a BS narrative.

That's not I'm Belichick that's on the players.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #955 on: September 07, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »
Is role reversal now with Patriots defense getting tied being on the field too long.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #956 on: September 07, 2017, 08:52:02 PM »

What a BS narrative.

That's not I'm Belichick that's on the players.

It's still a BS narrative. Belichick is the best ever, regardless.

I think it's him being unsure of his new receivers. It's going to take time.

I think that is part of it, but missing receivers who aren't in the right spot is different than throwing balls that look like wounded ducks.  Remember some of those passes Peyton threw his last year or two?  That is what some of these throws look like.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #957 on: September 07, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »
We know why Peyton was throwing like that.  4 neck surgery's. Brady's not going to lose it that fast like that.

Now that leg roll on Hightower that's bad.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #958 on: September 07, 2017, 08:58:11 PM »
By the way Kev, that fourth-and-one call by Belichick me really hurt this team and chance to win. take the points early on.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #959 on: September 07, 2017, 08:59:45 PM »
We know why Peyton was throwing like that.  4 neck surgery's. Brady's not going to lose it that fast like that.

Just about every player does.  Father Time does not slowly take you down; he tip toes up and clobbers you when you least expect it.

Note: I am not saying that that is what is happening now. I am just saying, Brady looks old in this game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: September 07, 2017, 09:05:50 PM »
I get you. Just from my perspective I see Brady tentative with new receivers, and also him having to move a little bit in the pocket and rushing passes because they are getting pressure with four guys.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: September 07, 2017, 09:33:51 PM »
Kev, I know you'll like this. :lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #962 on: September 07, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »
lol at the Chiefs trying to get a cheap 1st down via offsides on 4 and 1 that was never gonna happen. At least they didn't waste a timeout like the probably 20-25 Sean Payton's wasted not during his entire tenure with the Saints but probably from the 6+ seasons alone since the one time it ever worked for him against the Bengals late in the 2010 season.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:40 PM »
Doesn't look good for the Pats. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #964 on: September 07, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »
I hate the Chiefs, but this is fun.

On my auction FF team, two of my three starting RBs are Gillislee and Hunt.  :coolio :hat

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #965 on: September 07, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »
Patriots can rush the ball for 1 yard.

"Should have run a pass play," Darrell Bevell.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #966 on: September 07, 2017, 10:05:41 PM »
Game over. KC's offense is the star of this game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: September 07, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
Actually add Kansas City's defense of line they've been amazing rushing four getting pressure.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #968 on: September 08, 2017, 05:45:38 AM »
Patriots- worst record in the NFL!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #969 on: September 08, 2017, 06:09:47 AM »
See what happens when Roger Goodell goes to Foxboro to watch a game?  :biggrin: :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: September 08, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
 :lol

The difference looks putrid and then they lose their best player not good. Add that now they've lost three starting receivers makes Brady look really tentative and unsure.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #971 on: September 08, 2017, 06:54:37 AM »
Probably should change the title of the thread.

Saw a note the other day, the best QB Brady has ever had to play against in his own division is Chad Pennington who retired like 10 years ago. What a horrible division.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #972 on: September 08, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »
What a great game to start the season! And as a Chiefs fan it doesn't get much better than that.

Chiefs
1. Holy crap the offense was great and Alex Smith looked fantastic. Hopefully they can keep that up.
2. Losing Berry is devastating. What is up with all of the season ending non-contact injuries.
3. As good as the offense is, the defense won that game on those 4th down stops. That game was on the verge a couple of time of getting out hand and the defense stood up every time.
4. Penalties were awful. Over a hundred yards. Game should not have been as close as it was.

Patriots
1. Brady looked off but I think that was the Chiefs pressure and coverage.
2. Looks like the Patriots who supposedly had the best off season put too much focus on the offense rather than replacing the defensive talent they let walk or traded. If an ancient Hightower goes down and your defense goes on to get shredded by Alex Smith you have a big problem.

Analysts
1. Good lord did they have to keep sucking on the Patirots dong the whole game? It wasn't until the 3rd quarter that they started giving credit to the Chiefs.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #973 on: September 08, 2017, 07:22:45 AM »

What a BS narrative.

Right.  One game, with a patchwork defense (losing Hightower is not a small deal at all) and all of a sudden the narrative is wrong?   There is 30 years of evidence saying you're wrong, and about 50 minutes saying you're right.   I'll stick with the narrative. 

Brady did look off, but he's going to have to find it in the next 7 days, because he needs 30 points a game to win with that defense.    McCourty, Butler and Gilmore can only do so much.    They have no pass rush whatsoever, and no big play linebacker, two things that are NECESSITIES in a Belichick/Patricia defense.

That entire second half was a study in "what defense can I call with the players I have"?   The answer?  "Nothing that is going to keep points off the board".   I may have this wrong, but I thought I saw two 70-yard pass plays for a touchdown, and two 70-yard runs... that's not good. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #974 on: September 08, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
Intersting factoid: No opponent has scored as many points as the Chiefs did in Foxborough since Dan Marino and the Dolphins won, 44-24, on Oct. 21, 1984.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #975 on: September 08, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »
For all the talk about NE's offense the fact is that for much of the first half they were playing a very balanced game and moving the ball at will against a stout defense. This will work itself out. The problem is that the Chiefs can say the same thing against a NE D that got thoroughly exploited. This will be a harder thing to work out. In the end I'm not worried about the loss. The offense will settle in, and I think they'll find the right combinations on D. As I recall they went 2-2 to start 2014, getting beaten far worse by KC, before bringing it all together.

The broadcast last night was worse than NE's defense. That was terrible for a MNF game. There were some big plays that never got replays. They'd have fake commercial breaks where they'd sit and gab about nothing during changes of possession and then cut back when nobody's around. When they did have replays they'd often be focusing on the wrong part of the play. All around bad show. And a bad show that still took 3:45 to play out.

By the way Kev, that fourth-and-one call by Belichick me really hurt this team and chance to win. take the points early on.
It was a great call before the referees stopped the game for a pointless measurement. It was a full yard short and the Pats are clearly trying to catch KC unprepared, as is their right. There was no reason to stop for the measurement there and give KC time to regroup and plan for it. After that I agree NE should have kicked the field goal, but the stoppage was bullshit.

There was also a pretty bogus PI call in the end zone on KC's subsequent drive. People don't generally point out bad calls that go against NE around here, so I will.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #976 on: September 08, 2017, 08:20:56 AM »
...meanwhile I am loving the fact I drafted Hunt in one of my fantasy leagues. Thanks for the (4$) points last night bro  :tup  Happened to have Gillislee in my other one for (22.50) pts there so it was an all around good night for me  :biggrin:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #977 on: September 08, 2017, 08:34:45 AM »
For all the talk about NE's offense the fact is that for much of the first half they were playing a very balanced game and moving the ball at will against a stout defense. This will work itself out. The problem is that the Chiefs can say the same thing against a NE D that got thoroughly exploited. This will be a harder thing to work out. In the end I'm not worried about the loss. The offense will settle in, and I think they'll find the right combinations on D. As I recall they went 2-2 to start 2014, getting beaten far worse by KC, before bringing it all together.

The broadcast last night was worse than NE's defense. That was terrible for a MNF game. There were some big plays that never got replays. They'd have fake commercial breaks where they'd sit and gab about nothing during changes of possession and then cut back when nobody's around. When they did have replays they'd often be focusing on the wrong part of the play. All around bad show. And a bad show that still took 3:45 to play out.

Just me, or did Al Michaels make a lot of silly mistakes in that game?   Once, Gimli (what the f--- is his name?) ran it to the five and Michaels said "Down to the 2 yard line"... it wasn't even that he was off by five or ten (which is excusable; you confuse the "big lines") but something in between.  Before that, on the Gronk TD that was called back, the Pats got a free play because of an offsides, and after the reversal, Michaels made a big production about how it's now fourth down, but the "free play" means they don't lose the down.   

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #978 on: September 08, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »
KC made a hell of a statement last night outscoring the Pats 35-10 on opening night in Foxborough.  They did their job!  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Cable

« Reply #979 on: September 08, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »

Just me, or did Al Michaels make a lot of silly mistakes in that game?   Once, Gimli (what the f--- is his name?) ran it to the five and Michaels said "Down to the 2 yard line"... it wasn't even that he was off by five or ten (which is excusable; you confuse the "big lines") but something in between.  Before that, on the Gronk TD that was called back, the Pats got a free play because of an offsides, and after the reversal, Michaels made a big production about how it's now fourth down, but the "free play" means they don't lose the down.

100% with you Stadler and Barto about the broadcast, with the bolded being the glaring things I recall.

And Colinsworth and Michaels seemed to think the game could have gone the other way, and NE could have blown out KC especially in the first quarter. Outside of the fumble, and *so* many penalties, KC owned that game. I never had the feeling of NE owning anything at any point in the game. KC's offense marched up and down the field without much resistance. And the defense held things down. In fact, w/o the penalties, it would have been even worse.

Hats of to KC and any fans here- tough team this year so far.  :tup Big game and everything around it, and massive effort.
---