Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 209308 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2730 on: January 14, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »
Just think in another half we could have for the Championship games, Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles and Tom Brady as QB's.

Quoting this again. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2731 on: January 14, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »
Wow what an end to the game. I watched the entire first half of the Saints Vikings game and thought the game was over since Saints were playing like dog shit. I turn on to see the score with Saints up 21-20 with 3 ish mins left. HOLY shit did I miss a great comeback. I'm glad I got to see the rest of it live. wow what a play to end the weekend playoff games. I'm really hoping the Jags make the superbowl, I don't think they can do beat the Patriots but that's the team I'd like to win it all.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2732 on: January 14, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »
It's as if Cam Newton was playing Safety for New Orleans.

HAHAHA, that got a laugh out loud.  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2733 on: January 14, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
No way that happened. :eek :eek :eek

Bummer for Drew Brees, whose defense let him down again in an attempt to make to another Super Bowl.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2734 on: January 14, 2018, 07:57:42 PM »
Figures I stopped watching the Vikings game to make dinner and feed the kids. Missed all the excitement. That was a crazy catch. I have serious concerns about the Vikings after that game, but in the end all the matters is the win.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2735 on: January 14, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »
The NFC Championship is the Jeff Fisher Memorial game

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2736 on: January 14, 2018, 09:06:17 PM »
The Vikings almost gave me my yearly disappointment, but that'll have to wait a week. What an ending. I think we'll do just fine in Philly. SKOL!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2737 on: January 14, 2018, 09:54:08 PM »
Damn, I had the Vikes but was giving 5 1/2.  Why didn't they try to score a PAT at the end? ;)

[dumbest rule they instituted years ago.  I mean, it's like winning on a walk off HR, but making the teams finish the inning.]
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2738 on: January 14, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

So what you're saying is that it will be a defensive struggle between two inept offenses?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2739 on: January 15, 2018, 12:22:35 AM »

So what you're saying is that it will be a defensive struggle between two inept offenses?

Moreso that Foles and Keenun were his two QBs in St Louis when he got fired, but yeah, that too!!!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2740 on: January 15, 2018, 07:38:02 AM »
I'm going:

Atl @ Phi
Ten @ NE
Jax @ Pitt
NO @ Minn

I think the only lock is the Patriots. This could be Minnesota's hardest game in the playoffs. It will be a defensive struggle but I think the Vikings D has the edge and win 17-14. Atlanta has laid a TON of eggs this season and the Eagles are still a really good team. I think the Eagles hang on. The Jags defense will pressure Big Ben into one of his multi-INT games and pull out the win.

I wish I was a betting man!

And what a finish to the Vikings game. The Saints played like the Saints in the second half but the Vikings somehow pulled it off. I think that the Vikings vs. Eagles will be the best game remaining. I've got to go with my Vikings in this game. Both teams have great defenses but I think the Vikings have more offensive weapons.

I'm also pulling for the Jags. I think they have a legit shot against the Patriots though it's going to be tough.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2741 on: January 15, 2018, 07:58:53 AM »
Titans fire Mularkey!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: January 15, 2018, 08:00:46 AM »
Titans fire Mularkey!

They were just talking about an extension.  Jesus.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2743 on: January 15, 2018, 08:07:22 AM »
Weren’t they just talking extensions yesterday? Jeez...
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2744 on: January 15, 2018, 08:07:34 AM »
Josh is definitely gone.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2745 on: January 15, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
Interviewing coaches is something that should wait until after the damn season. It's annoying that the loser teams get to disrupt the good teams as soon as the playoffs start.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2746 on: January 15, 2018, 08:29:31 AM »
Interviewing coaches is something that should wait until after the damn season. It's annoying that the loser teams get to disrupt the good teams as soon as the playoffs start.

I agree with this.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2747 on: January 15, 2018, 08:45:10 AM »
I agree as well. I get that teams want to solidify their staff as soon as possible, but it's the teams that go deep into the playoffs that tend to have the candidates. It should all have to wait until after the Super Bowl.

On a side note, I have no idea why the coordinators from New England would want to leave that cushy job to take over a mess somewhere else. I guess they all want to see if they can cut it as a head coach.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2748 on: January 15, 2018, 08:50:13 AM »
On a side note, I have no idea why the coordinators from New England would want to leave that cushy job to take over a mess somewhere else. I guess they all want to see if they can cut it as a head coach.

No one remembers the great super bowl winning coordinators.

Case in point, aside from now when they are in the news a lot, ask the casual football fan what coach took the Patriots to all their super bowls. Then ask them who the coordinators were.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2749 on: January 15, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
I agree as well. I get that teams want to solidify their staff as soon as possible, but it's the teams that go deep into the playoffs that tend to have the candidates. It should all have to wait until after the Super Bowl.

This is me with JMD. He's been elsewhere and he understands how good his situation is in NE. Moreover, he's got some sway in personnel where he is. They're not going to make him GM in Tennessee. Just seems like he's downgrading a great deal for the tile and the responsibilty.

In a similar vein, I have no idea why Gruden would want to go back to coaching. I get that $100,000,000 is a ton of money, but he's probably doing very well announcing games, and the quality of life after taking a coaching gig is going to be nightmarish. He's got a very laid back part time job now, that allows him to travel to two cities a week, eat great food, see some good games, and basically just be knowledgeable. Now he's taking on a job that he essentially has to work 24-7-365, and he doesn't get to enjoy the perks that come with it.

I'd take a million a year and a great job over 10 million a year and having to be an NFL coach easily. THere's really no contest. It's like the people who actually want to be president. They're not wired right.

edit: Seems the dude's making 6.5/yr announcing games. That basically takes money right out of the equation. He just wants to be a coach again.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2750 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:27 AM »
Gruden is a high energy guy and probably misses the grind of being an HC.  Yeah, it's not for everyone and I'm sure he probably doesn't need the money.  He was set for life after leaving TB.  It's all personality driven.  He's going back to coaching because he loves it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »
Jalen Ramsey if the Jags complained about the "disrespect" that the Steelers gave to the Jags talking about the rematch with the Patriots.  Now he's talking about winning the Superbowl.  Good luck son, you just screwed yourself.

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #2752 on: January 15, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »
Hoping for a Vikes Pats SB.  Vikings are a fun bunch to watch. 
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2753 on: January 15, 2018, 12:17:21 PM »
The team that has the best shot at beating New England is Jacksonville this Sunday. Neither of the NFC teams can do it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2754 on: January 15, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »
That's why I'm hoping for a Jags/Vikings SB.  Or Jags/Eagles but there's no way Philly beats Minny.  Hopefully the Jags will take it all.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2755 on: January 15, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »
Titans fire Mularkey!

No coach deserves to be fired more than Mike Tomlin. Then Haley right behind him. I drool thinking of the Steeler offense coached by Belichick/McDaniels are any tandem even remotely competent. Tomlin has made INEXCUSABLE coaching blunders and if the Rooneys were actually committed to winning he would be gone. Minority ethnicity makes him fire-proof I guess. Not to mention he lets the inmates run the asylum, primarily that useless Mike Mitchell who can’t tackle or cover but can sure talk.

I hope Jesse James slept well last night. If he had held onto the ball a few weeks ago it would have been NE getting smoked by the Jag’s D yesterday and Pit would have had the gimme game vs Ten (a team they had already thrashed this year).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2756 on: January 15, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »

Case in point, aside from now when they are in the news a lot, ask the casual football fan what coach took the Patriots to all their super bowls. Then ask them who the coordinators were.

I don't think that's entirely true.  Ask Dick LeBeau.  But point taken.

I do think that the skillset to be a great coordinator is not necessarily the skillset to be a great head coach.  The list of great coordinators to become great head coaches drops off after "Belichick", and is littered with guys named "Haley" and "Weis" and "Mularkey".

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2757 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:58 PM »
Jalen Ramsey if the Jags complained about the "disrespect" that the Steelers gave to the Jags talking about the rematch with the Patriots.  Now he's talking about winning the Superbowl.  Good luck son, you just screwed yourself.

No shit, King.  I don't know about you, but one of the greatest things about being a Pats fan (and a Uconn basketball fan, because Geno Auriemma is the exact same way) is watching the latest in a long line of shitheads that think they can out psyche a team who's one common thread from Day One until today has been extreme mental toughness.   If you're going to insist on playing the mental game, if anything do things to get the Pats looking a game ahead; do NOT give them a reason to hunker down and take one game at a time.   

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2758 on: January 15, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »
It makes me laugh that this player was bitching about Pittsburgh looking over his team and he just did the same thing against the champions.

Someone tell you it doesn't matter but I've heard directly from Bill Belichick and players it matters. they use it all the time as motivation.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2759 on: January 15, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »
The team that has the best shot at beating New England is Jacksonville this Sunday. Neither of the NFC teams can do it.
The Vikings have the defense to win the game, but only if they're offense plays better than it has in recent weeks. Plus the fact that its essentially a home game for them certainly helps a bit.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2760 on: January 15, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »

By-and-large, I agree.  But there are some co-ordinators that transcend this statement.  Patricia is likely one of them.  7 straight AFCC's, with a rotating cast of offensive talent.

Oh, and Wade Phillips won SB50 for Denver, not Kubiak.  :biggrin:

Changing lanes - since I was just looking at the AFCC history - since 2002, the AFCC has only been played in Foxborough, Mile-high, Pitt, and Indi.   :omg:  Talk about a lack of parity!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2761 on: January 15, 2018, 01:48:36 PM »
The least the #Patriots could do is hand the ball to the ref after the TD and let him spike it. #TENvsNE

:lol

#Timesup

By the way, the official in this picture is Sarah Thomas, the NFL's only female official.  Can't blame Bill for wanting to get his hands on her....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #2762 on: January 15, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »
What will be interesting for Minnesota is that this year, the AFC are the designated home team for the Super Bowl, so if the Vikings reach the big game in their home stadium, they'll have to use the visitors' dressing rooms.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2763 on: January 15, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
The least the #Patriots could do is hand the ball to the ref after the TD and let him spike it. #TENvsNE

:lol

#Timesup

By the way, the official in this picture is Sarah Thomas, the NFL's only female official.  Can't blame Bill for wanting to get his hands on her....

And the assault and harassment charges in 3...2...1...

In all seriousness, though, that has to be an intimidating experience; rookie Down Judge (in her third year in the league) being lectured by arguably the greatest coach in NFL history.   

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2764 on: January 15, 2018, 02:12:20 PM »
The Belistrator