Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 210670 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #2695 on: January 14, 2018, 12:59:23 PM »
Ben's made 3 gorgeous throws for TD's. Really nice passes.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2696 on: January 14, 2018, 01:02:14 PM »
Yep, Granted, the 2 bad turnovers is why they are still losing, but those TD passes have all been nice. This is why he is fun to watch: he is a bit reckless, which results in big plays for his team and sometimes the other.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2697 on: January 14, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »
 you have the best running back in the league and a 6'6" QB and you drop that play?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2698 on: January 14, 2018, 01:42:55 PM »
Holy shit what a catch.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2699 on: January 14, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »
Antonio Brown is beasting out there.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2700 on: January 14, 2018, 01:46:00 PM »
Holy shit what a catch.
Indeed, and maybe Ben's nicest pass yet.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2701 on: January 14, 2018, 01:47:12 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2702 on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:34 PM »
That dude Yeldon is a player.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2703 on: January 14, 2018, 01:53:40 PM »
What a performance by the Jags. Every time you think the Steelers are about to finally tie it up, the Jags score again and extend it to 14.  Steelers need a miracle now.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2704 on: January 14, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »
This game is a good example of why it is unfair to put too much stock into postseason wins and losses when it comes to quarterbacks.  Despite the two turnovers, Roethlisberger has played magnificent, yet will lose, barring a miracle.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2705 on: January 14, 2018, 02:17:19 PM »
It amazes me how some teams just play well against other teams. If you told me the team that scored 10 points against Buffalo at home would score 45 points against Pittsburgh at their house I would have laughed but they match up well against Pittsburgh.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2706 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
This game is a good example of why it is unfair to put too much stock into postseason wins and losses when it comes to quarterbacks.  Despite the two turnovers, Roethlisberger has played magnificent, yet will lose, barring a miracle.

Yup, 35 points should win you the game.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2707 on: January 14, 2018, 02:23:06 PM »
CBS and my TV carrier are having a pissing contest so CBS is currently off my channel line-up. I hope I am not missing a good game.....  :laugh:

So, for real this time.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2708 on: January 14, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »
Not only has Mike Tomlin had spit in his beard for the last 30 minutes, but he clearly does not understand game management.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2709 on: January 14, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »
 :lol  Finally, a playoff game worth watching!!  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2710 on: January 14, 2018, 02:37:18 PM »
I decided to take a shower with the score 42-28, and wha??????

Going to be interesting next week, for sure.  Bortles or Bartles or whatever his name is, stepped up.

Phil Simms:  "Mike Tomlin has a lot to answer for how he managed the game and the decisions he made".   Then Boomer talked about how Tomlin talked about "playing New England twice" and Bell's "crazy tweet" from yesterday.      Basically saying the Steelers are out of control.  Why would Ben come back to that?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2711 on: January 14, 2018, 02:52:48 PM »

Phil Simms:  "Mike Tomlin has a lot to answer for how he managed the game and the decisions he made".   Then Boomer talked about how Tomlin talked about "playing New England twice" and Bell's "crazy tweet" from yesterday.      Basically saying the Steelers are out of control.  Why would Ben come back to that?

Yep. Colin Cowherd has been beating this drum the last couple years, how the Steelers just aren't "buttoned up."  He's not a bad head coach, but he's not that good either.  Since winning a Super Bowl with a SB-squad he inherited from Cowher, what has he done?  Underachieved big time despite having a HOF QB, the best WR and arguably the best RB in football for the last 5 years.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2712 on: January 14, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »
Remember his chuckling interview taking about revenge in the AFC Championship game?  Yup, I remember.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2713 on: January 14, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »
   Since winning a Super Bowl with a SB-squad he inherited from Cowher, what has he done?  Underachieved big time despite having a HOF QB, the best WR and arguably the best RB in football for the last 5 years.

Must be the 2nd Tier HOF.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2714 on: January 14, 2018, 03:13:55 PM »
   Since winning a Super Bowl with a SB-squad he inherited from Cowher, what has he done?  Underachieved big time despite having a HOF QB, the best WR and arguably the best RB in football for the last 5 years.

Must be the 2nd Tier HOF.

:lol :lol

Steeler D minus Shazier was exposed badly.

Bet everything you own on this: next week the Jags will be flagged for the type of holding they did on Brown on his 2 TDs.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2715 on: January 14, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »

Yeah, and even that pick wasn’t really a bad throw just a nice play by the defender, then of course fumble luck bounces the wrong way. Too many cocky mouthy a-holes on this team always plays into their opponents getting psyched up to play them.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2716 on: January 14, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »
If you would have told me before this game that Ben would throw for 469 yards and 5 TDs, I would have bet my house on a Steelers win.

Crazy, unreal bad performance from the defense, allowing that offense to score like that is beyond ridiculous.

Additionally, Tomlin and Haley once again displayed today why they can’t take talented teams and win SBs. No attention to detail, horrible game planning and strategy, bad time management, and above all else bad play calling.

This ones going to sting for a couple.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2717 on: January 14, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
Also all the distractions of not wanting to be franchised,  looking forward to playing the Pats. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2718 on: January 14, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »
Just think in another half we could have for the Championship games, Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles and Tom Brady as QB's.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2719 on: January 14, 2018, 04:50:44 PM »
If you would have told me before this game that Ben would throw for 469 yards and 5 TDs, I would have bet my house on a Steelers win.

Crazy, unreal bad performance from the defense, allowing that offense to score like that is beyond ridiculous.

Additionally, Tomlin and Haley once again displayed today why they can’t take talented teams and win SBs. No attention to detail, horrible game planning and strategy, bad time management, and above all else bad play calling.

Boomer said it:   4th and 1, best running back in the league and a HOF QB, and you run THAT route?   WTF? 

I'm not a fan of the "swagger" methodology of coaching.  I'm more a "Do your job and the trash talk will take care of itself" methodology.   Really, in my view, there's little difference at this point between Mike Tomlin and Andy Reid.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2720 on: January 14, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »
Also all the distractions of not wanting to be franchised,  looking forward to playing the Pats.

They absolutely looked past this game today, and that started with the coach.

Boomer said it:   4th and 1, best running back in the league and a HOF QB, and you run THAT route?   WTF? 

I'm not a fan of the "swagger" methodology of coaching.  I'm more a "Do your job and the trash talk will take care of itself" methodology.   Really, in my view, there's little difference at this point between Mike Tomlin and Andy Reid.

Yup, totally agree. There are so many glaring examples of what Steeler fans have had issues with in that game today. It’s like all the stereotypical Tomlin complaints showed up together in the same game today.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2721 on: January 14, 2018, 05:59:37 PM »
Another great game here.    Someone's shoe lace was untied, though, so they're reviewing that in the booth in New York.  Following that, I think they're going to review the GEICO commercial that was run during the time out.   Ridiculous. 

Saints up by one with 0:14 to go, but they are not a disciplined team so this is a nail-biter. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:05:45 PM by Stadler »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2722 on: January 14, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
  Following that, I think they're going to review the GEICO commercial that was run during the time out.   

Trying to figure out if saving money on car insurance with GEICO is indeed surprising or not surprising.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2723 on: January 14, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
Now THAT was surprising!!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2724 on: January 14, 2018, 06:09:12 PM »
HOOOOLLLYY SSSHHHIIITTT!!!!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2725 on: January 14, 2018, 06:11:39 PM »
That was amazing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2726 on: January 14, 2018, 06:12:45 PM »
Wow.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2727 on: January 14, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »
It's as if Cam Newton was playing Safety for New Orleans.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2728 on: January 14, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
I'm not big into football but I've been watching the past few weekends and this game I think got me hooked :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2729 on: January 14, 2018, 06:17:09 PM »
Make that two playoff games worth watching so far.  What a defensive blunder by the Saints.  All you do is stay back, tackle the receiver in bounds, game over.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White